It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Fell In Through The Roof....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
No, I didn't fall in through the roof, but you'd probably laugh if I did.

Anyway, I've been here a few days now, and already started some trouble because even though everyone here has opinions, I'm still allowed to get highly irritated at the more foolish ones. I didn't start the introduction because I have a lot to say, and I wanted to get it off of my chest. Besides, I wanted to explore a little bit first.

The reason I'm here...well, I'm not a huge fan of the government, and I feel I'd be hard pressed to find a better, more unbiased site than this. I'm also a huge fan of philosophy and metaphysics, and generally all the stuff people don't enjoy discussing because either it hurts their heads or there are no definite answers.

I'm hoping to learn from everyone here, even if you're not as smart as you say. At least it'll give me an ego-trip.

But seriously, this is a place to learn. And learning is what I'm into. I spent several months before now doing my own recognizance on the world...figuring out how the universe came into being, what started it, whether there is a divine intelligence, what it plans for us, what my own part in it is, whether these myths are actually facts we just can't explain, what the government isn't telling us, the nature of humans, the meaning of life in general....Yeah, I have a lot of questions. And I want to find the answers here.

If you have a better source, don't tell me. I'm here to stay.

edit on CSaturdaypm414122f22America/Chicago14 by Starchild23 because: revision

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Lots of questions here, bring your scepticism along your gonna need it in here, just like out there. Have fun, stir the pot!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you! I stand up for a lot of stuff, which means I am not easily convinced in a lot of things. I am, however, willing to admit I am wrong...provided you actually prove I am.

Hopefully, I'll bring a lot to the table.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We need to reinforce that roof.
Now that you are here however: Welcome.

I do have a question: What happens to your ego when it finally dawns on you that there are plenty of folk on here significantly more intelligent than yourself and that have pondered & asked themselves those very same questions when they were in their early teens?

Glad you finally got around to it though. You don't think you are special for that do you?

Your education begins today.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
welcome,

You sound like you'll fit right in around here.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
We need to reinforce that roof.
Now that you are here however: Welcome.

I do have a question: What happens to your ego when it finally dawns on you that there are plenty of folk on here significantly more intelligent than yourself and that have pondered & asked themselves those very same questions when they were in their early teens?

Glad you finally got around to it though. You don't think you are special for that do you?

Your education begins today.

My ego grew from a very tiny seedling to....well, a very slim sapling. That is to say, idiotic and redundant breezes will simply make me jiggle like a bowl full of jelly, but hurricane winds of fact and reason will teach me a lesson.

I am not an egotistical child to be patronized, or a titanic professional to be feared.

Basically, I don't know everything, so I am here to learn. However, the ATS members don't know everything either, so I expect to be heard as well. As for the teen bit...well, hopefully you've got some answers for me, eh?

We are all special. I'm just special in my own way.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Welcome starchild23.

I have seen some of your posts around lately & you seem to be able to express yourself pretty well.

Don't get upset if peoples opinions cut across yours, that's just the way most of us get our own opinion out.

We're actually a fairly friendly crowd here & we're all on our own learning path, so take it with a grain of salt & laugh off our silly foibles.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nice to have you join us. I have read a few of your thread replies and can tell you will be a great asset to the forum

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Welcome. It seems many are all waking up at the same time. Good stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Welcome! Lot's of interesting things to see here. I hope you'll share your other adventures and observations whether they involve roofs or basements.

Be careful of people who either promote or deny conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Haha. I have seen your posts as well, and I believe I could learn a lot from you. Actually, I've taken the liberty of using your Hebrew pictograph insight in order to support my own theories in conversation...as an interesting little 'hook', you might say.

I look forward to further interactions.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CardDown
Welcome! Lot's of interesting things to see here. I hope you'll share your other adventures and observations whether they involve roofs or basements.

Be careful of people who either promote or deny conspiracies.

I will neither condemn nor advocate such things unless they are well-based and solidly proven.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I prefer to think so...we'll see, I suppose. Thanks!

top topics

join