Ron Paul supporters threaten Atlanta family with rape, death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
First of all many people are going to see this title and that I am a very loud supporter for Ron Paul.. and be very confused. My reason for doing so is to take the wind out of these sails before this ship even leaves the port.

The author of the article in question is Joe Newby. He is a member of the group, "Stop Ron Paul 2012" on Facebook. This group is relevant because they recently posted a 'joke' about dressing up as KKK and going to Ron Paul rallies in South Carolina.

Here is the article Mr. Newby has written:

The trouble started when Brower and some of his Facebook friends decided to have a laugh over Ron Paul's ties to racist and anti-semitic groups. He wrote a post on Facebook intended to be a joke, but some Paul supporters took it seriously - too seriously.

My biggest problem with this story is the very fact that this group is seeking ways to hurt Ron Paul in the media. To gain him negative publicity. So now we're suppose to believe this? I'm having a hard time with that...

If you look at the article, I have already posted a comment on it about Mr. Newby's interest in this, given that he is stated as being, "anti-Ron Paul" and is a member of this group.

So I'll let you decide...

*Edited to clarify*
I feel the need to say again, in case anyone has missed it, (despite my signature and avatar), I am a Ron Paul supporter.

I posted the article because:

#1. Why should we believe that the group mentioned is telling the truth about being threatened, when they have already stated they would love to make Ron Paul and his supporters look bad?

#2. The author of the article is a member of this group. The validity of the entire claim is in question because of such.
edit on 14-1-2012 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Not saying what they did was right, but, I dunno about supporting Ron Paul either, he can promise you the sun right now, doesn't mean he will do it in office. Plus an old saying comes to mind, you can trap more flies with honey then vinegar. Now what if they want us to like Ron Paul want us to put him in the white house, what if he is a puppet would they tell everyone that, no they wouldn't they would make him out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't trust politicians or the government. Use to be for the people by the people, now it's for the rich by the rich. I'm sorry but Ron Paul is to good to be true.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

The harder they try the stronger Ron Paul gets. It only goes to show how desperate some people and bought and paid for groups of people are to stop the flowing tide. Everything being done is backfiring. They really don't get it. Or the people paying them really don't get it. The American people are put up with so much it is believed they will continue to do so. However that is not the case. Dirty tricks and stunts might have worked before and might work to a small extent now. It will not stop the Revolution taking place here and abroad. We know who they are. We know what they have done. They are stupid enough to think they will continue to get away with it. All things come to a stop and this is one of those things. KARMA it is real and it is now.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

ive been behind ron for years many years now, candidates have absolutely no dirt on him and his track record looks trustworthy.

the gop does not want us to like him, they only let him speak one or twice in debates, but his numbers are growing. if you dont want to vote for him, do us all a favor and dont vote at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm from SC. And politics there are literally cut throat. Was just reading earlier today someone sent out Christmas cards to republicans in SC just before Christmas apparently from the Romney family talking about the benefits of having multiple wives. They are ruthless there..especially just before the primary.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

OR:

They are counting on voter apathy being so high after the massive failure of the Obama experiment, (who also promised unprecedented change) that you will not vote for the guy you really should.

What's the worst that can happen? You get stuck with more of the same.....

Think of this though. Out of all the candidates, Ron Paul, at least outwardly, looks like the real deal.

What's more likely: That Paul purports to be about liberty and freedom, and then balks on it, or that the other candidates are against it now and then turn around and become saviours AFTER they are elected...

With regards to OP, this kind of bunk happens always during elections... guys in white pointy hats? People aren't that stupid anymore are they? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
First of all many people are going to see this title and that I am a very loud supporter for Ron Paul.. and be very confused. My reason for doing so is to take the wind out of these sails before this ship even leaves the port.

The author of the article in question is Joe Newby. He is a member of the group, "Stop Ron Paul 2012" on Facebook. This group is relevant because they recently posted a 'joke' about dressing up as KKK and going to Ron Paul rallies in South Carolina.

Here is the article Mr. Newby has written:

The trouble started when Brower and some of his Facebook friends decided to have a laugh over Ron Paul's ties to racist and anti-semitic groups. He wrote a post on Facebook intended to be a joke, but some Paul supporters took it seriously - too seriously.

My biggest problem with this story is the very fact that this group is seeking ways to hurt Ron Paul in the media. To gain him negative publicity. So now we're suppose to believe this? I'm having a hard time with that...

If you look at the article, I have already posted a comment on it about Mr. Newby's interest in this, given that he is stated as being, "anti-Ron Paul" and is a member of this group.

So I'll let you decide...

i would really like to point out u should change your title... if you had actually read what u posted or ur link.. u would find almost noone seriously identifies them self as a ron paul supporter and even if they did..
do u understand that this whole thing started with people suggesting to non RonPaul supporters that they dress in KKK gear and follow ron around.. this is bull and a big load of warn propaganda..

get a life and learn a lil reserve for your own sake.. lest u be thought as ignorant as many.. and btw.. IF they did think this was a good idea.. and tried to follow thru .. i guarantee.. by no action of mine.. alot worse would happen...

OH AND BTW.. he never said he would rape his wife.. he said he would show her a best time and whos to say its not her secret bf making a joist at the hubby..

not saying anything for sure.. just saying for being a Ron PAul supporter.. ur spreadinga lot of unvetted crap around

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

Sorry I can prove your wrong,

In the 36 years he's been in politics, he has been consistently on the side of the people, talking about pretty much exactly the same things now, as he was then..... Apart from then it hadn't happened, now it has

But your not telling me, that getting on for 40 years ago, some agents from NWO central, or an alphabet agency, thought recruiting a 36 year sleeper cell President?

From a Gynaecology department??

You can't be so blind as to see, all the other candidates squirm when he raises real issue's?

And you don't really believe they need the peoples vote, to seize power?

George W Bush 2000? and 2004 for that matter........but it has been confirmed he lost in 2000.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If Ron Paul was travelling in plane that suddenly depressurised at a high altitude, killing him and all the other passengers and crew on board, would we suddenly lose interest in the ideas he's talked about for decades? It isn't the man we're interested in, it's the ideas. These ideas have the potential to dramatically change many of the aspects of life that millions of people are dissatisfied with.

To talk about disrupting the process of bringing this change about with absurdly immature pranks is bound to draw a reaction from outspoken people. To take one little point. The idea of bringing the troops home. How many unnecessary deaths and serious injuries are we talking about avoiding? A 'prank' that interfered with this issue could easily get you killed. It isn't the man, it's the ideas.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A public figure that is proven to have displayed homophopic and racist ideology will get this type of backlash for being a disgusting backwoods bigot who says things like women should go home if they get sexually harrassed at work.

He got nobody to blame but himself for this type of attention that he gets.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

In my opinion both sides are wrong....Bower should not have written (his inappropriate joke) about people dressing up like the KKK and going to a Ron Paul rally....and the Ron Paul supporters that responded to him and threatened him and his family are very wrong in their actions too.

Bower is not a supporter of Ron Paul and I support his right of freedom of choice...even though I don't agree with his choice....but I don't support prompting people to dress up in KKK garb and harass Mr. Paul.

The Ron Paul supporters that threatened Mr. Bower and his family....are not helping Mr. Paul's image...nor are their actions encouragement to draw in more support for Mr. Paul...at least not the right kind.

I find it very disappointing that people cannot be more civil and mature...and stop with with nonsense already!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Lets not forget that in 2008 - a McCain supporter carved an O in her face and told police a black "Obama supporter" had done it.

This happens every election. There isn't much we can do about it and if the press treats it like it is real then it'll backfire on them when people learn the truth.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

In my opinion both sides are wrong....Bower should not have written (his inappropriate joke) about people dressing up like the KKK and going to a Ron Paul rally....and the Ron Paul supporters that responded to him and threatened him and his family are very wrong in their actions too.

Bower is not a supporter of Ron Paul and I support his right of freedom of choice...even though I don't agree with his choice....but I don't support prompting people to dress up in KKK garb and harass Mr. Paul.

The Ron Paul supporters that threatened Mr. Bower and his family....are not helping Mr. Paul's image...nor are their actions encouragement to draw in more support for Mr. Paul...at least not the right kind.

I find it very disappointing that people cannot be more civil and mature...and stop with with nonsense already!

That's kind of my point. I don't believe for a second that this really happened. Just like I don't buy that Ron Paul supporters supposedly hacked Twitter accounts of celebrities. None of us are this dumb. We know that the media is begging for anything they can use against him.

I believe this group just decided to go another path to make Ron Paul and his supporters look bad.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
A public figure that is proven to have displayed homophopic and racist ideology will get this type of backlash for being a disgusting backwoods bigot who says things like women should go home if they get sexually harrassed at work.

He got nobody to blame but himself for this type of attention that he gets.

Not a single thing has stuck. Seriously, the guy has his personal opinions, some of which I disagree with, but his core philosophy is that the government should not interfere with the personal lives of people, regardless of their physical attributes.

Ron Paul is not a racist and Ron Paul will not use federal government to restrict the rights of gays.

Even on the matter of marriage -- Ron Paul would prefer that government not be involved in marriage at all. he has stated that he views it as a 100% private matter that should be left to the people.

On sexual harassment, as Paul has stated, there are already laws on the books regarding assult and rape. With regards to people who get sexually harassed at work; while I think his wording was coarse, the point is simple. If you are in a hostile environment and have a way out, you should get out. To just keep taking the harassment and then whine about it is a victim mentality. Certainly the harasser's behavior cannot be excused, but the person being harassed should have enough dignity to not allow themselves to be a victim.

The victim culture has poisoned our society. I can say something at work that would be fine anywhere else, but some person gets offended and now I am a sexual harasser and can be fired and even blacklisted or go to prison. Whatever happened to:

Person A: "hey, that was rude and out of line. I was seriously offended by that."
Person B: "oh, sorry.. did not mean to offend. I apologize"

No wait, that's not good enough, is it.. we have to have FEDERAL LAWS that state that Person B has to be fired and/or go to prison now.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Wow I'm assuming the threats came from a stupid teenager, only a kid would be foolish enough to say something like that. There is no reason to brign a mans family into a matter and especially to threaten his child. But there's a saying I live by "If you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen" . Also I'd like to see proof of this Im sure IF it were true they'd have this guy all over TV to make an example of him and to smear ron at the same time.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The guy that complained is an idiot. First he makes jokes about dressing up like a kkk member and sabotaging Pauls campaign, and then after claims racial sensitivity:

Brower's wife, Clara, is Asian, and the talk againt interracial marriage bothered him.

This guy is a complete joke. As to the "Ron Paul supporter"... I'm sure plenty of idiots support each candidate. If we operated under the logic that supporter demographic was most important, Suddenly getting a nod from Charles Manson would make you ineligible as a candidate?

Not sure why people want to give so much power to complete idiots, and I do mean both of the people in the article...
edit on 14-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
Not saying what they did was right, but, I dunno about supporting Ron Paul either, he can promise you the sun right now, doesn't mean he will do it in office. Plus an old saying comes to mind, you can trap more flies with honey then vinegar. Now what if they want us to like Ron Paul want us to put him in the white house, what if he is a puppet would they tell everyone that, no they wouldn't they would make him out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't trust politicians or the government. Use to be for the people by the people, now it's for the rich by the rich. I'm sorry but Ron Paul is to good to be true.

You are able to see where contributions come from. So why don't you just do that...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is how they attack Ron Paul?

By portraying his supporters as dangerous?

I think the whole thing just goes to show how desperate the opposition is, and maybe they are scared- because Ron Paul's supporters WILL protect him as best we can.

There are always some people don't seem to understand the difference between assertive and aggressive. That's a reflection of society at large, not just this subgroup of supporters.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The reporter did not even do their job by finding the person who made the threats. For all anyone knows, it was a fake account by the original person, posting in response to himself.

Regardless, whether or not the person who made the threat supports Ron Paul or not, that is not a reflection on Paul himself.

I'm sure plenty of nut jobs supported Bush back in his day. And either nut job or controversial, every candidate has support from one.

Obama had Pastor Wright *

Bush had the Christian Right.

etc, so on and so forth...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If Brower was really threatened, and I have my doubts, someone ALLEGING to be a Ron Paul supporter threatened him.

What I find even more sickening about this whole thing is, Brower IS a racist:

August 30, 2000:
Aryans stroll through courthouse

"...Jere Brower, 24, and two other unidentified Aryans walked nervously through the metal detector and then started handing out racist literature..."
www.highbeam.com...

August 4, 2000
Aryans Stage Impromptu Parade (Top of page 10)

:...Taunted by a local youth, Aryan Jere Brower, 24, pepper-sprayed the youth's eyes, but the youth was still able to land a punch..."

news.google.com...,2586078

top topics

<<   2 >>

join