It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the GOP finally taking Ron Paul seriously ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by netwarrior

Apologies, solar. That was meant for Diablos. Ats mobile doesnt have an edit feature that i can see.

I'm still trying to get used to the touchscreen on the droid.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GTBrother, you are CLUELESS. Ron Paul wants to clean up the corrupt relationship between big business and the government. He's stated he WANTS "fair" trade and not the current free trade that is nothing but a corrupt system that benefits multi-national corporations.

maybe you should read Ron Paul's position on issues before assuming things.

Link? Is it not a core fundamental aspect of the libertarian ideology to be for free trade, and thus, mass outsourcing of U.S jobs?

I've seen quite a few videos of Ron Paul giving his unconditional support for the outsourcing of jobs and saying that is one of the few things he doesn't want to stop once in office.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
No one takes that senile old man seriously. I am beginning to think he doesn't even take himself seriously, and his run is just a big joke at this point. Romney will obviously be the nominee.

bang on. He has no chance of winning.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Professionals with PhD's in engineering that were doing managing large scale projects and earning 100K/year are now working at Mcdonalds for less than 22K/year thanks to their jobs being outsourced.

There is plenty of vacant jobs for capable engineers - always has been. The U.S. is importing engineers, because we don't have enough. Technology companies & energy companies are hiring. The only ones who can't get jobs, don't want a full time job. None would waste their time at McDonalds when they can freelance for 500-2k a day. As long as you're willing to work anywhere, there is plenty of work to be had - even for simple laborers.

Oh yeah, this is about Ron Paul - I forgot. He may not get nominated, but he's the only Republican that won't get his clock cleaned by Obama. Plastic Romney & the rest are a joke.
edit on 14-1-2012 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GTNothing but ad hominem and personal attacks. You haven't argued even one policy question! YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT.

Typical cookie cutter college liberal.

[remarks removed by staff]
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
edit on Sat Jan 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstormProlly better that you don't think. Too complex for high school trolls such as yourself.

Nope, second year college student. Nice assumption. All of my classmates, friends, engineering and physics professors and TA's believe this guy is crazy. If Ron Paul wins the presidency, I'll be out of a job by the time I graduate thanks to his strong belief in "free-trade" and all of the manufacturing jobs have been outsourced.

Ron Paul is only supported by hippies and the uneducated.

That's funny, I'm an engineering student and I support him.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
reply to post by Diablos

I guess the support he gets from the troops along with million of citizens is proof to support your claims. I'd rather have a senile (which he is not) old man instead of a plastic used car salesman running this country. Romney is a complete joke, what jackass would support that corporate cardboard cutout?

Can I ask you an honest question. Do you think the troops are the most informed group of people in America? Being placed half a world away and given state run radio to listen to, while fighting a war, why do people assume that what the troops want is what is best? They are a tad busy and a tad removed. Just asking. If you are going to attack instead of respond then I probably won't come back here.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

No one takes that senile old man seriously. I am beginning to think he doesn't even take himself seriously, and his run is just a big joke at this point. Romney will obviously be the nominee.

bang on. He has no chance of winning.

Hey look...another engineering student with no future. Ron Paul's fault....of course.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Professionals with PhD's in engineering that were doing managing large scale projects and earning 100K/year are now working at Mcdonalds for less than 22K/year thanks to their jobs being outsourced.

There is plenty of vacant jobs for capable engineers - always has been. The U.S. is importing engineers, because we don't have enough. Technology companies & energy companies are hiring. The only ones who can't get jobs, don't want a full time job. None would waste their time at McDonalds when they can freelance for 500-2k a day. As long as you're willing to work anywhere, there is plenty of work to be had - even for simple laborers.

Like McDonalds? Where are all these jobs for "laborers?"
It kind of sounds like you reinforced the point you were arguing against. Plenty of places to work as long as you dont mind working at mcdonalds.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeloser
That's funny, I'm an engineering student and I support him.

Doesn't mean you're a smart engineer.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The gop has always taken him seriously but now he has real backing.
The msm will now pump him up to be a rock star or a flash in the pan, hopinf to sway some of those so called hippies and uneducated.
Nobody wants to be seen as a bandwagon fan.

Speaking of hippies and uneducated, I had some college but no degree.
I guess that would put me statistically in the uneducated.
It is too bad the school of hard knocks is not accredited, as I would have several PHD's.
I have managed finances, businesses, logistics along with many other caps have been worn.
Yep, I'm uneducated.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Littikani

Military support for Paul is simple. Quit fighting these wars we can't afford, and shouldn't be involved in anyways. Wars based on weapons of mass destruction LIES. That is one really expensive lie huh? The troops are sick of it, and Paul supports this so naturally they will support him. They know when signing up they took an oath to protect the country from threats, not to be provoking foreign wars for oil, drugs, pipelines or anything else they can pillage for profit. When your on your 6th deployment in Afghanistan you might have a clue as to why he has such strong military support.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NucleardoomMilitary support for Paul is simple. Quit fighting these wars we can't afford, and shouldn't be involved in anyways. Wars based on weapons of mass destruction LIES. That is one really expensive lie huh? The troops are sick of it, and Paul supports this so naturally they will support him. They know when signing up they took an oath to protect the country from threats, not to be provoking foreign wars for oil, drugs, pipelines or anything else they can pillage for profit. When your on your 6th deployment in Afghanistan you might have a clue as to why he has such strong military support.

I'm sorry, but WAR is good for this country. I'm sick and tired of lolbertarians bashing our DoD and war efforts. War creates millions of jobs and the defence contracting industry is one of the only industries that has kept American jobs here. Ron Paul wants to slash funding for it and in the process millions of middle class professionals will be unemployed not to mention the fact that our top notch national security will also be compromised.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

Agreed, our troops are spoonfed some msm crap but not all of them are totally oblivious to what is really going on.
If you watch your children grow, it is neat realizing that they start to figure out their own problems.
It is no different for military personel, they start to see signs, regardless of what they are fed.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Of course they are taking him seriously. They won't get behind him unless he beats Romney.

Oh, and to this obvious still wet behind the ears college kid. Education doesn't always add up to intellect. That's what you obviously don't get.

A Troll is a Troll. No matter how highly you think of yourself, how much you pat yourself on your back for your feeble minded opinions.

I barely passed HS and worked my way up to a 100k / year position. Take your college education and come work for me. This almost 50 RP supporter will woop your butt right into the real world.

Now go get mama to make you some chocolate milk!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

These wars are costing the US trillions of dollars coupled with a sputtering economy, it's simple math. The spending to support this is unsustainable. If there is any profit to be gained by promoting the military industrial complex, where do you think that money ends up? It doesn't take a college education to know it's not in your wallet.
So which warmonger are you supporting, since there are a few to pick from?

edit on 14-1-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but WAR is good for this country.

I have u wrong. Ur a DICK Cheney and Nancy Pelosi lapdog. War is so good? Let's strap ur ass to the next bomb and voice your opinion then.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

I'm sorry, but WAR is good for this country. I'm sick and tired of lolbertarians bashing our DoD and war efforts. War creates millions of jobs and the defence contracting industry is one of the only industries that has kept American jobs here. Ron Paul wants to slash funding for it and in the process millions of middle class professionals will be unemployed not to mention the fact that our top notch national security will also be compromised.

Really? You're sick of libertarians bashing our "war efforts" when our own military doesn't agree with them? Democrats usually refuse to call them "war efforts" anyway (under Obamas watch), but that's off-topic I suppose. We even have intelligence officers agreeing with Ron Paul's foreign policy, but now the pundits on the left and right seem to think they know more than them.

So you think we should just continue with "war efforts" to keep defense contractors happy? Delusional and irrational some people have become.

Take a look at this if you dare!
edit on 14-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Mitt Romney RESPECTS Ron Paul's wisdom. You can see it. Hes already stated a few things about Ron Paul.
No one knows why Ron Paul doesn't attack Romney. Maybe,this is the reason.Maybe hes waiting...........though.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Kiddo, you don't even have any clue what the political spectrum is! You think libertarians are "leftist"? And your only point is to ridicule someone who wants freedom and small government and call them a "loliberatrian"?

I hope the same thing happens to you that happened to me. After I graduated from college, I learned more from 1 year in the real world than I did from 4 years of brainwashing in college, at least when it comes to politics and how the world REALLY works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join