It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma is Winning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
These videos should be a huge wake up call for a lot of people. I have been aware of the dangers of big pharma and how they target people with their medicines, especially anti depressants. The use of anti depressants has risen by 400% over the last twenty years in the U.S. and even though I don't have the numbers I imagine it's similar here in Canada.

My own doctor used to try to push this poison on me, until one day I called her out and asked her why she's offering me pills that contain large amounts of sodium fluoride. I also asked her if she's aware that these medications are known to heighten the risk of suicide in otherwise normal people.
She shut up after that.

This video explains how wide spread the problem is, they even have anti depressants for animals:

This second video appears to be part 2 and goes more in depth about how they have created a nation of hypochondriacs with their advertising. What they do is they make you think you have an illness, then they provide a solution (their medicine).

I used to think doctors were there to help us but anyone who knowingly pushes this stuff on you is a sick person. There are probably some doctors who don't know any better but that's a lame excuse because doctors are supposed to be smart, they went to med school so they should be aware that pumping poison into your patients is unhealthy to do.

Hopefully most of you have a doctor who knows better, there are still some good ones out there but the medical profession has become a method of treating symptoms instead of curing disease so good doctors are hard to find.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I agree Op but you act like your surprised by this pill taking orgy that has become the norm for people with sore throats, too can not sleep at night, I have to laugh at the lines not heard , can cause... not made for everyone... ask your dock... see our add in... , side effects include... in some cases fatal. this means you can die from it , will bleed from who knows where and for how long, could make your sicker than you are, but your willing to fall for it, too spend [on average]15to 25$ a pill some are a lot more. so yea fall for the Big P pills, me: Time for nice hot toddy, an bit of toast, and a warm blanket.
edit on 14-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Trust me I'm not surprised, the second line of my OP even says so.

I shared these videos because I thought they were well put together. It's shameful how these companies are allowed to continue practicing these methods of targeting people.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Big Pharma, profits before people....still and always! Man with their clout and resources, you are right CE, they do seem to always be holding the reins to shape our lives via pill, for better and worse I realize, but the worse is just ridiculous, dangerous and insulting imo.
I thought I would post a movie here for members to check out, called Generation RX. It is very revealing and focuses on medicating our kids.

Full movie here for free, viewing only:
www.alluc.org...
www.videolinks4u.net...
At Netflix:
Netflix

May I also include a thread that has some good info on this subject too.
Exposing The Drug Industry - Gwen Olsen, An RX Reformer

Peace,
spec
edit on 14-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am not surprised and only hope people learn to questions more than everything. A good book to read would be "The Treatment Trap" I got it at the library but it was a real eye opener. Good thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Good post. I totally agree that we are way too medicated. All too often, we are taking medications that aren't needed.

How does this happen? Almost all advertisements for prescription drugs suggest that you ask your doctor if this drug is right for you. Why would you do that? Is your doctor not competent enough to decide what medications you should be taking? Or are they suggesting you ask because your doctor might be on the list of beneficiaries from the pharmaceutical company for pushing their product. I'm strongly inclined to think the latter is true. Big pharma doesn't give two shakes about you or your health or whether you live or die. Just listen to some of the disclaimers in these ads. Most have a whole list of side effects including death.

IMO, these types of ads shouldn't be allowed. They tempt people to start using drugs that are dangerous. They get by with it, though, because the laws are written to allow them. Those laws were written because deep pockets have influence. I believe there should be a war on drugs. Not against the recreational user, but against the big corporate pushers.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for sharing that vid, it's a shame how they do it to children too. The pharma companies do not know any boundaries and will target any market.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

I completely agree with what you said, especially how they should come down on the legal drug dealers because they do just as much if not more damage than illegal drugs.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They only get money if people believe doctors and take the pills. If people would take an active part in their health we wouldn't take even a fraction of the stuff we do. We would be self-sustaining creatures as we're meant to be. Soaps would be used much less. Deodorants not at all. Medicines would be nonexistent, for the most part. Everything can be healed with any number of other methods, greatest of which is our own self-awareness. That's something that pharmaceuticals ensure we don't ever experience. When you can't feel your body or your mind, you can't get to the root of what's wrong. We're depressed because we live like idiots. Our souls are trying to tell us that. It makes you depressed. Pills won't help.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
High percentage of Americans are taking this crap.

Ritalin for kids is included in some cases.

Article updated: 1/2/2012 6:09 AM

More than 1 in 10 Americans age 12 and older use antidepressants, according to a new federal study.

Data released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has shown that 11 percent of Americans ages 12 and older used Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil or other antidepressants.

The most common consumers were women 40 to 59, in which 22.8 percent said they took the antidepressants. Nearly 19 percent of women 60 and older used the medicine.

About one of 25 children ages 12 to 17 use antidepressants, or more than one student in every classroom, according to the CDC.

An FDA warning cautions of increased risk of suicidal thoughts for children and young adults.

It pays to question anybody -- don't trust unless you know

Dont be a victim of the users

11 percent of Americans use antidepressants, study finds

edit on Jan-14-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The information that's available is alarming to say the least.

I always wondered why all my friends were in meds like ritalin when I was a kid, later on I realized why. People need to wake up and look into natural ways to cure their illnesses.

The Codex Alimentarius plans on stopping that so stock up while you can

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

oh so you did ,not felling to well , have head cold, and no, no Pharmacy pills do I take, nor would I.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

It stems from the days of "Take 2 of these, and call me in the morning" now it has become so tell me what brings in today? oh so this and this and that well here is a script for you , now if you have questions call the pharmacy" and you Doc went to school to do what? be a pill pusher? what happen to "do no harm"

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

this too is part of the TPTB master plan keep the mass doped up hoped up on this chem induced stupor, [the only reason it is not forbidden is it TPTB make money on it.] so they can do what they want to do and say it is for your own good.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I'm on a med right now that (quite frankly) scares me. I'm in a catch-22 with this stuff. I tried a simple experiment recently: I took myself off the stuff for a brief period of time.

I crashed harder than I've ever crashed before.

My dilemma is that I truly fear staying off the stuff because in a sense it's helping me through a tough time. When I'm on it, I can function (on some weird level).

And yet I'm looking around at all this instability in the world and I can't help but wonder: what will happenen if/when the SHTF and people can't get their meds? For whatever reasons. No money or the pharmacies run out of them...?

I know others who are beginning to ask the same questions.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately I am totally dependent on Big Pharma. I have to have 400MG Plaquinel every day or I can't get out of bed. I always remember the poisons in the meds and the crap in the vaccinations ... every time I have to take a pill I think of it ... multiple times a day I think of it .... it makes me nervous each and every time. I'm having to put this in my body .. I have no choice ... and I'm at the mercy of Big Pharma. SERIOUSLY FRIGHTENING!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You know when the corruption of this big lobbying interest are in Washington when you see the FDA allowing big pharma to target our babies and children with their poison right after they just out of the womb.

The bills that they have concocted to start preventive care on babies to avoid supposedly diseases later on in life is overwhelming and the sad part is that if the parents are already taking crap they will allow their babies and children to take too.

When my daughter was in college she had 4 roommates, all of them were already in antidepressants because their parents were on antidepressants too.

Now what that tells you.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

New video for RT but waaaay old hat.
This kind of legal pushing has been going on forever, yet folks never seem to catch on or never care.
Maybe there truly are people out there who need a nanny state.
I made a post awhile back about some meds my doctor...errr pusher perscribed to me.
Keep in mind as screwed up as I am, my doc said I had the heart of a 14 year old boy.
I'm a smoker too, so non smokers eat that!

Anyway I researched this med before using and some neat side effects it had, but the major one that concerned me was heart swelling.
Ok wait a minute..... I'm screwed up physically but the one thing I do have going for me, you want me to potentially damage?
No thanks, I'll deal with my pain and I do.
Plus it helps out with my mental self image, always believed I was a tough guy, I guess I was right!
Big deal if I wake from my 2 hour sleeping stretch screaming like a little girl in pain.

My mind is clear, and my heart is healthy.
Big pharma needs to be destroyed.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Feverindafunkhousenow

It's a good think that you're aware and are trying to get off them before SHTF. You raise a good point where if SHTF and everyone ran out of their meds all at once it would get pretty crazy.

Good luck

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyers

Flyers, do your research, is plenty of good sites in the net that will give you honest information about what you can do to control health problems and even be able to lower or get off medications if possible, is better to take lower doses of medication and supplement with alternative that taking the higher doses that doctors always will have to keep increasing as the body gets use to them, then the game starts when you will find yourself going from one pill to severals to treat the same condition and then treat the side effects.

My mother has been there and back, my doctor in one day prescrib me 6 different drugs (on trial and error basis) after I had a terrible side effect from an IV pain killer after having my last surgery, she just started to give me drugs prescriptions like it was candy, I never took any of them and decided to suffer while trying alternative medicine for the side effects, I am now again myself but it was not easy.

I hope you get better my friend.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join