It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Gun: The Other Fast and Furious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Looks like those whacky ATF agents were running another operation, called White Gun. Cute name, since it was run south of the U.S. border. Running at the same time as Fast and Furious, the ATF claims it was a successful operation, netting three whole arrests and convictions. None of the three, however, were targets on the list. But it sure was successful!

The three men "were looking to acquire military-grade weapons for a drug cartel," said an ATF official, who asked for anonymity because the case involves an undercover operation. "This was a classic example of bad guys showing up at a location to get the weapons they desire but getting arrested by law enforcement instead."

But here's where the story gets interesting:

"Apparently guns got away again," said one source close to the investigation, led by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista) and Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa). "How many got into Mexico, who knows?"

You read that right! It looks like the ATF, yet again, may have let weapons get themselves all lost and stuff in Mexico (maybe we should send a search party). And these aren't just guns. The article suggests that rocket launchers, grenade launchers, and heavy mortars may be among the missing.

Read the article below, and weep for our country.

Another ATF weapons operation comes under scrutiny

/TOA

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yea another one? This makes three operations, if we include wide receiver also. I'm starting to wonder if someone in the agency isn't taking bribes to get hardware to the cartels. If this operation did "lose" guns heads need to roll. Good find

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Im sure the Obama administration didnt know about this one either.

Our government officials are #$!@in morons.

I have nothing much else to say other than 'FIGURES'.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Some interesting items...
Its not perhaps suspicious that again the Sinaloa Cartel was the target for these ATF agents....of itself....
the arrest of the three cartel members who were not actually targets of the investigation, but handy go betweens.
Thus allowing the really big fish to elude the net....
Is a little more damning...
But the loss of heavier type weaponry to the cartel, aparently furthering their fight against the zetas....to me says a bunch....
It would seem as if the ATF deliberately arming the long running major cartel against the upstart zetas who had defected to crime from the US trained Mexican special forces.....
This is the scenario i believe was the object of the Gun walker type operations...
The Sinaloas have the deepest inroads into the mexican govermant and the most massive drug moving organisation in mexico.Perhaps they may have the deepest ties to US Govt orgs as well....(It stands to reason...they have cash beyond dreams of avarice to throw around.....hve been established for the longest time, and are spread throughout other places than mexico as well......
I suspect that there is a very good chance the ATF,DEA,and other anti crime units are compromised from within up to the highest levels of goverment in both countries.
This has been intimated time aand again in thee past.....
This would make actually at least three gun walking scandals to date....F&F,W Gun, and an operation in Honduras too.....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There is another "Fast And Furious" scandal.

President Bill Clinton put sanctions on China for selling military weapons to Iran. The sanctions ban America from selling military weapons to China.

President Obama got the US State Department to declare the LRAD weapon "not a weapon". So it could be exported and sold to China.

Good luck to you if you trying buying for own LRAD weapon, I bet you'd see them declare it a military weapon you can't have. China's gonna have it easy doing their amphibious landing on California with those LRAD's. Americans won't even be able to get in range to use their rifles.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Yea another one? This makes three operations, if we include wide receiver also. I'm starting to wonder if someone in the agency isn't taking bribes to get hardware to the cartels. If this operation did "lose" guns heads need to roll. Good find

Mr Obama and Eric Holder have made several trips to Mexico City.
Until The USA has a different POTUS, all of the involved heads will remain intact, and guns will flow more freely than the Rio Grand.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Our LEAs are after us. Americans are the enemy, apparently, because our government is arming other countries to kill us. I guess they aren't satisfied killing the citizens of other nations.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Why did this thread get buried in the sand?

Why did this thread get no love?

WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS?
edit on 22-1-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
... Another bump- so not to forget since it election season =)

new topics

join