It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Religious, so why hate Christians because of what religion has done?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

50 years after his death is incredibly short in history standards. That is NOT "long after his death" at all. The only reason it took this long was because early Christians were being killed and they couldn't write it down until they had a chance too.

I think you fail to understand what being a Christian is about.

The only way to heaven is through Jesus, and if you die with your sins not being covered by his blood you will perish. By believing man can get to heaven by good works, makes you worse than 99% of religions.

Man can never become God, that is the ultimate lie that the devil used to get man into a fallen state.

Genesis 3:5 - "For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

Don't be deceived! this is the lie behind almost all pagan and satanic false ideologies.
edit on 14-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Why do you still spread this message of Judgment? They are rejecting you, thus rejecting Christ because you are judging them. How can you read the words that Christ spoke and interpret the way you do? You are right when you say that all righteousness belongs to God and that you could do nothing to deserve his forgiveness.

Why then do you say that you have done this and received that and now you are more righteous than the one who has not done? Don’t you see the world views you as a hypocrite? You say one thing and do the opposite.

Anyone who lives by the law of love does so by the power of the Holy Spirit. NO ONE could live by this law if not for the power of the Holy Spirit. The only benefit to being a Christian is that you fully understand Grace and the law of love. Stop condemning people who need your help.

This is not what Christ died on the Cross for. It makes me cry almost every time I think about what Christ laid his life down for and I hear well meaning Christians destroying the message.

Jesus died for ALL of us, for ALL of our sins. He will judge both the believer and unbeliever based on what they know. You know that you are not to judge but you still do. You know that you have been forgiven but you refuse to give forgiveness to those who don't know. Can’t you see that what you think is true must be wrong. If what you believe causes you to judge and be righteous you must be wrong. You do not understand what you are reading.

Please I beg you if you don’t understand than ask, because I do. And if you don’t believe me than believe Jesus. Please look at your posts and see how you are condemning the world. This is not the words of Jesus, the most loving Spirit to ever walk the earth.

edit on 15-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I've been thinking, how could the only way to God be Jesus if you need to LEARN that Jesus is the way to God.

The way to God is everything inside and outside trough love, understanding, forgiveness, righteousness and all that cuddly stuff!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

As I said, you don't get it. You believe the Bible is 100% true and not a metaphor at all, and that is your greatest flaw, and is the source of why your logic collapses in on itself. Christ isn't Salvation in a gift wrapped box. What he taught, which were primarily Eastern philosophies, is where the salvation comes from.

You're not ready to get this yet. You're not spiritually awakened enough to see through the centuries of programming that Christianity has poured into your subconscious. The fact that you still fear and recognize the devil is evidence if this. Like I said, you're getting there, but you've got a lonnnnnnnng way to go before you're even ready to comprehend what "god" is, and you're never going to make it if you can't learn to accept knowledge. The fact that you still fear knowledge is terribly frightening.

Fugitive Soul you are wrong. The bible is 100% true. What is not true is the accepted interpretation of the bible. The bible is not a way to live your life, it is a promise. The promise is not to the ones who call themselves Christians but to all who obey the law of love.

No one can know or follow the law of love without Christ. Because you know the law of love you have Christ in you. Eastern religions teach that we are all a part of God. Pagan is either worshiping what you have created, which obviously is not a god, and worshiping yourself as a God. What Christ teaches is in a direct contradiction to eastern philosophy. Christ was teaching that the anyone who acknowledges the law of love prove that it indeed was written on their hearts and that the Holy Spirit dwells in them.

The reason I know this is true is because I have been baptized by the Holy Spirit. This experience is only found in one place the bible. And you may know if someone has been baptized by the spirit because they will indeed not only understand the law of love but will follow it as perfectly as is possible for man. If anyone is still teaching separation, hate and righteousness, not only have they not listened to Christ but they prove they have not been baptized by the Holy Spirit. This is not the baptism of water which is only an outward sign.

I know by reading your posts that you are my brother, but you are still far from understanding Christ. And the spirit of God that that lives in you. I do not blame you for this, nor do I blame the posters on this forum. Most of them mean well but they teach what they have been taught and not what Jesus said.

If you could accept what I say as the truth, then you would be able to receive a gift that you are not capable of understanding. You say that you have created your own heaven here. I say that I have no desire for this world because my father has promised me through the baptism of the Holy Spirit a place in heaven. I only tell you this because you are my brother and I hope for you the same hope that I hope for all my brothers.

For all who read this, I don’t yet know how to tell you about myself without sounding righteous. I promise all of you that I am only humbled but what God has given me. The bible does not say that the righteous are given special gifts it says that the Holy Spirit gives us all gifts, and that we are all equal. I consider myself the least of God’s messengers. I am only here to serve you and our father.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
I've been thinking, how could the only way to God be Jesus if you need to LEARN that Jesus is the way to God.

The way to God is everything inside and outside trough love, understanding, forgiveness, righteousness and all that cuddly stuff!

You are correct, you do know the way to God, and his word was written on your heart. Jesus did not teach what you have heard about him.

He taught that all who believed what you believe have Jesus in them. Because you know the law of love you prove to me that Christ lives in you. You really have nothing else to prove, you are now my brother.

Do you see how simple the message is? The rest of the Bible tells you a story about Jesus. A very honest story that teaches you all about sin, and why it is bad. The Old Testament teaches you why man’s way doesn’t work and why we need to believe in a loving, forgiving God. The New Testament teaches us how to love in a Godly way. If we follow Christ by loving the way he teaches we are given the most amazing gift called baptism of the Holy Spirit. This baptism fills you with joy and a desire to please your father, and love your neighbors that you couldn’t even dream of.

Unfortunately the church has taught a different message that many have believed.

It does not matter if you ever accept the religion of Christianity, what matters is you live by the law of love that you demonstrate is on your heart. I only pray that you read the bible so that you can fully understand God’s love and receive the gifts from the Holy Spirit that are promised to believers.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Jesus > Religion

Wait...how did they climb over the giant block in the middle

It's not a bridge.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
... I don't hate Christians or Jesus. I think Jesus is a great guy. I also have some great Christian friends & my family is also religious. What I do hate is the idea that you need to follow said belief system to 'get to heaven'; as if your denomination is the only path to an afterlife filled with happiness. I hate the idea that anyone who doesn't just accept Christ on pure faith deserves to go to hell for eternity. It makes absolutely no sense and is completely contradictory to the concept of an all-loving creator.

You are right and you have rejected this message for good reason. This is not what Christ said. He said that if you know the law of love and live by the law of love you have Christ in you. This was not a religion. If any separation happened it would simply be between those who were willing to love each other more than themselves, and people who were selfish and considered themselves righteous.

I would caution you about the pleasures of the flesh you were talking about. Many things that seem good at the time only lead to your destruction. I don’t mean lead to hell when I say this I mean quite literally your physical and emotional destruction. Following the moral code in the bible is for your benefit more than God’s.

The moral code in the bible is kind of like God telling us don’t play with matches. Most of us listen to our parents but some of us burn the house down. It would be better for you to listen to your father than to burn the house down.

Realize the house I am speaking about is God’s house and you are his temple. The Spirit lives in you and because of this you are God’s temple. It is understanding that Christ lives in you that should bring about change in your life, because you realize that your father is only telling you what he thinks is best for you. Your father is not condemning you to any more fire than you choose for yourself.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

You were really on a roll there, and gaining my respect. Right up until this:

No one can know or follow the law of love without Christ. Because you know the law of love you have Christ in you. Eastern religions teach that we are all a part of God. Pagan is either worshiping what you have created, which obviously is not a god, and worshiping yourself as a God. What Christ teaches is in a direct contradiction to eastern philosophy. Christ was teaching that the anyone who acknowledges the law of love prove that it indeed was written on their hearts and that the Holy Spirit dwells in them.

This is patently wrong and shows that you are not educated in Paganism or in many eastern philosophies. Jesus preached and practiced mysticism, based on philosophies that were being practiced in the east, from where the 3 magis came. He clearly was called by, and spoke to the 4 winds, which is a Pagan practice.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I will accept that there are Pagan practices that I am unfamiliar with but I do not agree that Christ was anything less than the son of God.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
Until Martin LUTHER Changed "The GAME".

Martin Luther wasn't exactly a prince of virtue, ya' know. "If the wife is unwilling, then take the maid" ... Quote by Martin Luther. The dude had some serious issues .. especially in the sex department. And he scared the stuff'n out of his contemporaries ... all the changes he wanted to make to the bible. I could go on for pages ... the research on this guy turns up all sorts of dirt ... sadly true too.
edit on 1/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I have allways thought that Jesus was sent to earth, to show the Jews or their leaders where they were going wrong.
They rejected him and killed him.
Now the Jews have people who profess to be their leaders that are not Jews by blood.
There are laws so you can't speak against them, and they own most of the worlds banks, and yes they worship the bringer of light.........lucifer....but they think that is satan or the devil.

I think most Jews are good people......but like other religions they are being led down the wrong path.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It's not a bridge.

They parkour'd that thing dude, like most of us I'm sure they got a running start.

edit on 15-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Why do you still spread this message of Judgment? They are rejecting you, thus rejecting Christ because you are judging them. How can you read the words that Christ spoke and interpret the way you do? You are right when you say that all righteousness belongs to God and that you could do nothing to deserve his forgiveness.

No, that's a message of TRUTH. Compromise with a world's that's perishing is what got the Jews rebuked by God all throughout the OT by the prophets He sent to them. And they killed the prophets who were sent to them. Think parable of the vineyard. Jesus said we'd be what? What was that term? Oh yes, "HATED" by all men because of Him and His gospel. "The preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing. To us who are saved it is the power of God unto salvation."

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
........ Pagan is either worshiping what you have created, which obviously is not a god, and worshiping yourself as a God. What Christ teaches is in a direct contradiction..........

Yea, just like eggs and chocolate rabbits = crucifixion

Do you not realize how much of your religion has been taken from Paganism?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The bible does not say that once you accept Christ as your savior that you receive some sort of down payment.

I didn't say that. One must be born again, that's the regeneration and infilling of the Holy Spirit in a believer's life. That's the undeniable proof of salvation. It's referred to as a "surety" of our adoptions as the sons of God in the scriptures. The only "work" done for our salvation is the work of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We trust in Christ for salvation, nothing else.

Check out John 6 if there is confusion. If anyone comes to Christ it's only because God has drawn that person. And Jesus will never cast out anyone who calls upon His name. Check out verse 65:

And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Wasting your time bro, nothing on this website but trolls that love trying to make us look like fools and put us down for our beliefs.

We don't have to make any one look like fools, you do it just fine on your own.

Evidence to support this is how people that have no belief or faith cruise this "religious" forum solely for the purpose of making our threads a living hell because they want to share their misery.

Typical argument from ignorance. Not everyone on this board is an atheist, and an atheist is a lack of a belief in a deity. It doesn't mean we don't have a belief or faith in something other then Christian mythology and superstition.

Also, stop assuming we're miserable people because we don't share your faith. I, and I'm sure most others would agree, we're very content in life; even more so without your hate speech.

I vote to let the wicked burn.

Jesus would love the message you're spreading... Oh, wait, he spread the same message. Carry on. I thought he was spreading love, not eternal punishment in everlasting fire.

They know enough about Jesus to seek him out on their own, they don't need us holding their hands every step of the way. People that come to this site aren't looking to find Christ, theyre looking to demonize him while they ostracise us.

You know enough about Allah, Muslims don't need to hold your hand every step of the way. He'll let you burn when the time is right.

I'm done with 'em, just let 'em burn. They've chosen it anyway so i'm just gonna let em have at it. My hands...are washed of them.

This is why people dislike your religion. It's full of love and peace masked with hate and hellfire. It seems like Christians throw a tantrum when their faith is challenged. "You don't like the BS I'm selling? Alright, you'll burn in Hell for it." Very mature.
edit on 15-1-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Fugitive Soul you are wrong. The bible is 100% true. What is not true is the accepted interpretation of the bible. The bible is not a way to live your life, it is a promise. The promise is not to the ones who call themselves Christians but to all who obey the law of love.

How am I wrong? I didn't say Obeying the "law of love" isn't the way to paradise. I only said that Christ didn't invent this form of belief system, and our idea of "heaven" differs. Maybe I'm wrong in that I'm 100% sure the bible isn't 100% true.

You call it "holy spirit", we call it spiritual enlightenment. Pagans follow the laws of the land and the respect of nature, and a desire to know the universe as a living entity that everything is a part of. You may want to believe that Christians follow the "laws of love," but what is preached and what is practiced are direct contradictions of one another. We are what our majority reveals about us. You sound as if you're in the minority of Christians. Truthfully, I wish there were more like you in the world, as you seen to at least have a better grasp on the subject than the author of the op.

The reason I know this is true is because I have been baptized by the Holy Spirit. This experience is only found in one place the bible. And you may know if someone has been baptized by the spirit because they will indeed not only understand the law of love but will follow it as perfectly as is possible for man. If anyone is still teaching separation, hate and righteousness, not only have they not listened to Christ but they prove they have not been baptized by the Holy Spirit. This is not the baptism of water which is only an outward sign.

Baptism or "purifying through water" is another pagan tradition. People have been doing this for thousands and thousands of years. It's one of the oldest forms of spiritual reawakening, and another thing borrowed from paganism and stamped with ye olde "We the Christians gave birth to this philosophy" nonsense.

I know by reading your posts that you are my brother, but you are still far from understanding Christ. And the spirit of God that that lives in you. I do not blame you for this, nor do I blame the posters on this forum. Most of them mean well but they teach what they have been taught and not what Jesus said.

I could say the same about you, brother. We are close in belief, only I've passed the necessity of Christ to fulfill my needs for an answer. The may seem off topic at first, but I assure it's valid, but:

There was a thread here on ATS the other day in which the op was claiming that he'd found the proof of a divine God through a series of numerical anomalies. Strange, right? He was certain that these anomalies were a metaphor for how God exists.
The problem with his analogy was the math equation he presented was flawed, which created an entirely new idea of the existence of a divine being. It proved that if you dig deep enough, and if your eyes are open enough, there is no need for a "god-being", that the answer, as in all answers lie in the minds of men, if you're able to see past the nonsense.

If you could accept what I say as the truth, then you would be able to receive a gift that you are not capable of understanding. You say that you have created your own heaven here. I say that I have no desire for this world because my father has promised me through the baptism of the Holy Spirit a place in heaven. I only tell you this because you are my brother and I hope for you the same hope that I hope for all my brothers.

I've accepted what I know and experienced as truth, and through this I've already received my gift, the same gift that Christians like RevelationGeneration would condemn me for, the gift of truth, awakening, and most importantly... knowledge.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

No, that's a message of TRUTH. Compromise with a world's that's perishing is what got the Jews rebuked by God all throughout the OT by the prophets He sent to them. And they killed the prophets who were sent to them. Think parable of the vineyard. Jesus said we'd be what? What was that term? Oh yes, "HATED" by all men because of Him and His gospel. "The preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing. To us who are saved it is the power of God unto salvation."

No that is not why the Jews were rebuked. They were rebuked because they took a place of righteousness, and no longer were humble like their forefathers. They were God’s chosen people and the Pharisees and Sadducees lorded over the people. They felt that they were somehow better than the gentiles. Jesus was challenging their authority, showing them that they didn’t even follow the laws that they punished the people with. You are doing the same thing.

The message of the cross is foolish to them. Exactly he was saying that the message was foolish to the Jews. Jesus was bringing everyone into one family; this was foolish to the righteous. The message of the cross is what I am telling you. The message is humbling, all are equal, and anyone who lives by the law of love is your brother, no matter what religion they say they follow.

The Christian church is the one both destroying the word and compromising with the world. The church has accepted Pagan Holidays and the Pagan day of sun worship. The church has taught a message that leads to laziness and the continuous grip of sin. The New Testament says that any believer caught in sin should be rebuked in front of the whole church, and if he doesn’t repent should be cast out. The church has compromised saying we are all sinners and we will never be able to be free from the sin that enslaves us. Thus accepting the way of the world.

I am most certainly not compromising. I am calling all who live in love to live fully by the law of love. I am calling all Christians to stop living by the laws of the world, judgment, hate, and sin. I am asking Christians and non believers to put away their sinful ways. To believe they are a temple of God and to treat themselves and each other as such. I want people to truly love their enemy, and to pray for all of their brothers who are stranded by false religion. How am I compromising?

You are refusing what I am saying as foolish, just like the Pharisees rejected the message 2000 years ago. You still believe one of two ideas, when you accept Christ you received the Spirit or when you are water baptized you received the spirit. This is not the truth. When you were born Christ was in you. Being baptized by the Holy Spirit is only something that is given by Christ.

Hated by whom? Everyone hates you because you teach judgment, which is against Christ. So when people hate you it is because you hated them first. People will hate me and all I speak is love. I am telling you this because I love you, and I see that you have not understood what you are reading.

Don’t you see you are the one(s) who don’t want to hear the truth? You like lording over those who have not accepted Christ with your knowledge of salvation. Jesus says that not everyone who says lord, lord will enter the Kingdome of heaven, only those that do the will of the father. Is it the will of the father for you to judge others, causing hate and separation? Or is it the will of the father to spread the message that I am spreading.

My message, actually Christ message because I am not this wise, All who live by the law of love have Christ in them. Do you see that having this knowledge makes me humble? Having this knowledge makes me pray for the unbeliever, not because they are going to hell, but because I want them to understand Jesus, who lives in them.
The scripture supports what I say exactly, without need to contradict any message that Christ taught. You teach a message that indeed directly contradicts, though shale not judge. Step down from the judge’s seat and join me in the truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I do understand what you are saying, but the law of the land does not lead to enlightenment. You have followed the law of love which has lead to enlightenment. The law of the land has accepted much that is not good for you. If the law of the land was perfect than I don’t believe we would have a need for Christ. But the law of the land leaves most empty, for they cannot understand the law of love at work in them.

The bible teaches one about the law of love, where it comes from, why it is. The worldly view does not teach what the bible teaches. The worldly view would have you believe that sometimes you have to war to keep your freedom. The worldly view leads to immorality, which leads to death of the spirit.

I do believe that you have followed the law of love, and I think you believe that this is worldly but I promise you that it is God’s spirit in you that leads you to live by the law of love, not this world. You may have found peace, because all things are possible by God, and if you follow love than you are doing the will of the father, but I still hold firm that you did not find this in the world but rather from the Spirit living inside you.

If the church had not corrupted the message so much you would understand that the bible perfectly explains the law of love that you live by. Either way listen to the Spirit that guides you to live by love, because it is the spirit of truth. But be wary of the spirit that guides you to do things that the bible calls immoral, not out of fear of hell, but out of the belief that your father only wants what is best for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Jesus > Religion

It's not a bridge.

Thats called a "stumbling block"... and its caused by religion... ironically its usually also caused by the one bareing his name

edit on 15-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Looks like a
"Leap of faith"
would have been easier than climbing over the christian religious symbol to get to god.

What is the artist REAL message here?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join