It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Religious, so why hate Christians because of what religion has done?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So..
If I call an apple an orange.
Does it make it an orange?
edit on 14-1-2012 by BeforeTooLong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

we both know who I'm talking about (Lucifer).

Origins of the word Lucifer

Before we begin let us figure out Lucifer means. In Latin Lucifer means “Light Bringer” and is the name of the Morning Star. The word Lucifer appears only once in the Bible and only in the KJV. Isaiah 14:12: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!” But did the word Lucifer always exist? NO! In the Hebrew language, the word Lucifer is derived from the Hebrew word הילל (Hêlēl). In fact, the term Lucifer didn’t even exist in the Biblical ages! Put thought to it; Lucifer is a Latin word. (Lux = light/fire Ferre = to bear/to bring). The Old Testament was written primarily in Hebrew, so the word Lucifer could not have been in their language. So, then if the word were not amongst them at that time, then who gave us that word? In 382 AD, Pope Damasus I commissioned St. Jerome to write a revision of the old Latin translation of the Bible. This task was completed sometime during the 5th century AD, and eventually it was considered the official and definite Latin version of the Bible according to the Roman Catholic church. By the 13th century it was considered the versio vulgate – the common translation. It was St. Jerome who placed the word Lucifer into the Bible, and not just once, but three times! Isaiah 14:12, Job 11:17, and 2 Peter 1:19.

Read the rest here:
Jesus Christ IS the TRUE lucifer (morning star, light bringer)

and here:
Is Jesus Lucifer and the Devil?

And don't forget that Lucifer did not one thing to harm any one human being. Except, of course, tell the Truth in the Garden, after God told a lie.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
i get a good laugh when christians say their religion isn't a religion.

So do I, friend. It is a religion, even if they lie abut it.
I also love it when they come to my house to save my soul, or whatever it is they do. After I ogle the women, I give them an education, and the slink away.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
I am here to tell all the members on this board that continually hate on Christians because you have a hatred against religion one thing. Christianity is not a RELIGION it's a RELATIONSHIP.... With our one and only savior, Jesus Christ. God's way to reach man, is through Christ.

The goal is a Christian is to become Christ-Like and Jesus was not religious, so why hate Christians because you hate religion? It really does not make sense. We hate religion too! Maybe now you know this we can find some middle ground where you do not have to hate us on that basis.

Here is a man that write a poem that explains it nicely for all those who don't yet understand.

In the scriptures Jesus received the most opposition from the most religious people of his day. At it's core Jesus' gospel and the good news of the Cross is in pure opposition to self-righteousness/self-justification. Religion is man centered, Jesus is God-centered. This poem highlights my journey to discover this truth. Religion either ends in pride or despair. Pride because you make a list and can do it and act better than everyone, or despair because you can't do your own list of rules and feel "not good enough" for God. With Jesus though you have humble confident joy because He represents you, you don't represent yourself and His sacrifice is perfect putting us in perfect standing with God!

He is saying that a relationship with Jesus Christ is more valuable than the "religious rules".

Religion causes man to stumble! The reason so many people are not children of God is because of religion. CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION! IT'S A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST JESUS. people need to realize that yes, we only beleive there is ONE way to heaven and you CANNOT get there by other religions. Jesus is the only way...

Religion is Man searching for GOD. Christianity is GOD searching for Man.

Salvation is a gift of God. Jesus Christ is the only way to obtain it by grace through faith.

So here's some things to consider the before next time you attack a Christian on the basis you hate religion. Alot of Christians actually hate religion too. Don't judge us on how you see hypocrites in the church behave. We are not all like them. Being Christian does not make us zealous religious people that are some how better than others, we have all sinned and fallen short of glory from God.

I'm sure I will get some of the typical responses with a few people feeling the need to shout "fairy tales" or "nicaea council" but before you post just save it, I'm really not interested in replying to that kind of foolishness I will just ignore it and you won't accomplish anything. I believe there are people here with more intelligence than that.

Jesus > Religion

edit on 14-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I'm in a rush so haven't had the chance to read if someone has told you this yet, but Jesus WAS very much religious, he was a Jew, and followed Judaism very religiously.

Christianity is a religion, the very meaning of the word clearly makes Christianity a religion.

Also, we don't all "blame Christianity" at all, we blame all religion, as it causes wars and arguments between people. Not to mention promotes hatred for certain people (don't deny it, read your "book" and you'll see). Anything that promotes hatred, is man-made, i.e. not real, such is your "religion."

If there is a God/Gods, then I believe they would be loving, and give pure freedom of choice without consequence, since it would have been they who put us here and punished us for something two people apparently did.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
JESUS was BORN in the Spring with the Lambs!
He was a REBEL - Against the Pharisees of His Day and
Unfortunately PAID The PRICE ! - This CAN NOT be DENIED !
Sadly, this False ROMAN Structured RELIGION (Built around Him)
Follows the Roman Senators OFFICIAL LITANY To Obey a "LORD" !
Extreme Oath of the Jewsuits ~ www.reformation.org...
~ Loving Spiritual People can See this Perspective as a Challenge
to a Belief Structure, NOT Particularly Based on any Scientific Reality.
~ I Apologize to any Christian who may be Offended.
But I Truly Respect what Jesus STOOD for,
NOT the Excess False Litany built up around his COURAGEOUS Life.
ROMANS realized 300 Yrs. of MARTYRS were ONLY making them LOOK BAD,
so they Co-opted JESUS to Further their EVIL DOMAIN,
Until Martin LUTHER Changed "The GAME".
The EVIL ROMANS have been WREAKING Havock
Ever Since, Using the Jewsuits as THEIR AGENTS.
All Religions are CORRUPTABLE ~ But Some are More Corruptable than Others!

www.facebook.com...
edit on 14-1-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Wasting your time bro, nothing on this website but trolls that love trying to make us look like fools and put us down for our beliefs. Evidence to support this is how people that have no belief or faith cruise this "religious" forum solely for the purpose of making our threads a living hell because they want to share their misery.

I vote to let the wicked burn. They know enough about Jesus to seek him out on their own, they don't need us holding their hands every step of the way. People that come to this site aren't looking to find Christ, theyre looking to demonize him while they ostracise us. I'm done with 'em, just let 'em burn. They've chosen it anyway so i'm just gonna let em have at it. My hands...are washed of them.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

in other words:
someone start sex with blowjob and someone end it with blowjob... god bless U

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I hate Christianity as much as I hate Islam, Satanism and every other religion.

Besides, you proved why some hate Christianity with a passion in your opening statements by claiming that Jesus is the only way to know and love God which is a Christian guilt trip or attempt at conversion by having that same old "you can only know and love God through our guy, not yours, Jesus or death".

You'd be quick to complain if Muslims posted a lot with the "believe in our Prophet Mohammed or die in eternal damnation" so why do you Christians do it?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Ask yourself this secular folks.

Does religion make people full of humble joy for what Christ did for them or does religion make people either A: self-righteous douchebags who look at everyone else as inferior to them because they don't follow all the rules they do, or B: Make people depressed, self-described failures because they are honest with themselves and admit they can't keep every rule perfectly?

Also secular folks, before you answer this, remember there are other religions out there besides christianity.

So the "humble joy for what christ did" part does not really apply to the specific question of "Does religion make people......"

I figured by the wording of the title of this thread we were discussing the Christian version of "religion".

What am I missing here?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Jesus is not the savoir .

Jesus is The Lord Saving.
God does things in an indirect way.
Jacob saw a ladder with angels going up and down from Heaven.
So he understood the system.
Still, when he had a confrontation from one of these using the ladder,
he later said he had met God.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Besides, you proved why some hate Christianity with a passion in your opening statements by claiming that Jesus is the only way to know and love God which is a Christian guilt trip or attempt at conversion by having that same old "you can only know and love God through our guy, not yours, Jesus or death".

Wouldn't you expect a Christian to believe that Jesus wasn't lying when He said He was the ONLY way to the Father?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
... I don't hate Christians or Jesus. I think Jesus is a great guy. I also have some great Christian friends & my family is also religious. What I do hate is the idea that you need to follow said belief system to 'get to heaven'; as if your denomination is the only path to an afterlife filled with happiness. I hate the idea that anyone who doesn't just accept Christ on pure faith deserves to go to hell for eternity. It makes absolutely no sense and is completely contradictory to the concept of an all-loving creator.

I especially hate the rhetoric coming from Christians that condemns anyone you don't like to hell. For example; an atheist says Christianity is nonsense & illogical, so why follow it. Then you say "Well I know it's true, & you're going to burn in hell so there." Many Christians including the ones on ATS revel in the idea that their philosophical enemies are going to hell for eternity. You make it sound like you're glad people will burn for eternity, simply because they denounce your silly beliefs.... That is incredibly dark, sadist & paints a bad picture on you as a human being.

So again, Jesus is a great guy. But the fear-trip that is religion, which indoctrinates children from birth into abstaining from their life's desires in avoidance of an eternal torture; THAT IS psychological abuse to the fullest extent. I'm deeply disturbed by much of the Christian/Islam teachings, because it all revolves around keeping people in line using the most extreme fear-mechanisms. I don't think Jesus would approve of the actions of the Catholic church either. Some of the most merciless, grotesque, ruthless & malevolent atrocities ever committed, were/are under the reign of the Catholic Church. In the name of the Lord.

Religion can be used for evil just so much as non-belief can. Actually, religion may be even worse because it justifies the atrocities by appealing to the ultimate form of an authority figure --- one that is omnipotent, omnipresent (yet somehow never there).

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I respect your belief in Christianity, but I would also like to say that Christianity is just a point of view on how to view God. When you say Jesus Christ was the Lord and Savior, you cannot speak for the other five billion people on the planet who are not Christians or associated with Christianity in any way. There are religions being made every day, and it somewhat bothers me that people go around preaching their beliefs. If anything, in my opinion, religion is a very private and personal matter between an individual and whatever they believe. So many people throughout history have died because of religion.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well, I am arriving late in this thread...I must say OP, you started out great.

I totally dig the idea of religion not being the same as faith and that faith is something to live in inside.
That's really wonderful

But then, you had to show diagrams...and within those diagrams, ones explaining that Jesus is the way to God.
Ok, don't get me wrong, Jesus was a really good man but, ahem...

You're gonna tell me that ;
Being a good person towards others and myself
Living without ever backing down from my values
Cherishing love, freedom, generosity, family and friends
Pursuing the truth and wanting to become a better human being day after day
Never lie selfishly, never kill, never steal, always cuddle kittens

All that, won't bring me closer to God, the light, the truth, eternal serenity more than :
Believing that Jesus is my savior ( f*** the rest, it doesn't really count anyway)

Christians actually have had the guts to invent something like that?
It's blasphemy to my ears!
Let me tell you...

If ever I get in front of God and he has the guts to say to me : All you needed was to believe that Jesus was your savior...

Well, I'm gonna curse him to oblivion then either join the devil or start my own existence.
Count on that, I don't mind facing God if I do not believe it is just.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Many Christians including the ones on ATS revel in the idea that their philosophical enemies are going to hell for eternity. You make it sound like you're glad people will burn for eternity, simply because they denounce your silly beliefs.... That is incredibly dark, sadist & paints a bad picture on you as a human being.

Any examples you can quote for us?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Heres one from a few posts up...

I vote to let the wicked burn. They know enough about Jesus to seek him out on their own, they don't need us holding their hands every step of the way. People that come to this site aren't looking to find Christ, theyre looking to demonize him while they ostracise us. I'm done with 'em, just let 'em burn. They've chosen it anyway so i'm just gonna let em have at it. My hands...are washed of them

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So 1 so far?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ya i guess...

You didn't say how many examples you wanted

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Your knowledge of the scripture and its truth are limited, as is most even those who call themselves Christians.
If you knew what the scripture actually teach I would imagine you would not find one fault with the scriptures. What you have done is accepted poor interpretation of the most beautiful message ever given to men.

This is what the New Testament says.
If you live by the law of love the spirit lives in you, for all love comes from the spirit.
If you follow the law of love than you are doing the will of the father.
If you follow the will of the father you go to heaven.
If you fail to follow the will of the father you may not go to heaven.

The true message of Christ was supposed to bring loving people together to share their love with one another.

The true message is that we are the same and we all have a special purpose. The true message is each of us matters and the only truth is love.

Here is a test for everyone who reads this. If I say I believe in being a vegetarian but I continue to eat meat, do you believe that I believe in being a vegetarian? If I say I believe in Christ but I continue to spread judgment, hate and self righteousness do you really believe that I believe in being a Christian?

Your view of scripture has come because you have accepted not only a bad translation but a translation that has destroyed Christ in the hearts of many.

Do you believe that you should put others needs ahead of your own? Do you live by this law of love? If you do than you prove that you are my brother and I pray for you. If you don’t live by this law, but you believe in the message, what are you waiting for? And I still pray for you.

Loving your neighbor as yourself is the most important command. If you do this you have loved your father and his son. And you have done the will of the father. Jesus says that ANYONE who does the will of the father is his brother, sister, or mother. You know the will of the father all you have to do is follow it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

When you become a Christian you get a down payment of the holy spirit.

YES!! And as the apostles declared that is the "surety" of our salvation through Christ. It's impossible to do works to please God without the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit. Paul argues that we receive that at the time we first become Christians, Galatians chapter 5 I believe. Imagine this:

"Okay God, I've sufficiently cleaned myself up, now your Holy Spirit can come in!" lol

When people don't understand God's grace it always erodes to Legalism and religion.

I think that both of you are close but neither of you understands the truth. The bible does not say that once you accept Christ as your savior that you receive some sort of down payment.

What the bible says is that if anyone follows the law of love they prove that Christ lives in them. I promise no matter what you think if my Muslim friend is a kind loving person, who is charitable proving that he follows the 2 most important commands, believe in God and love your neighbor, than he proves that he has Christ in him.

What you believe is still salvation by works. What I am saying is your father chooses you from the time you were born and since you have lived by his words that were written on your heart I know you are my brother.

You are not righteous because you have accepted Jesus as your savior; you were simply born around Christians or introduced to it by a loving friend. The benefit to being a Christian is simple you know that you are forgiven, and you are able to receive gifts from the Holy Spirit that you have become aware of. The Muslim, who does the will of our father without even fully understanding what that will is because he was not raised with the bible, is far more righteous than me.

What he doesn’t have is a guarantee of forgiveness, not because he wasn’t given forgiveness but because he doesn’t understand Grace. Even if the Holy Spirit gave him gifts he would never be able to know them because he doesn’t understand them. Don’t you see that you consider that somehow you are special and you condemn our Muslim brother? What you should be doing is sympathizing for his lack of understanding and pray that he may know that he is forgiven and indeed has many gifts of the Holy Spirit waiting for him.

In human terms, I knew several things when my daughter was born. I would always love her and there was nothing she could do for me to stop loving her. So I told her when she was 5 and still tell her that I forgive her for everything she will ever do. I tell her that I will never stop loving for her and providing for her. Has every human parent told their child this? No. So my child knows that she is forgiven but not all children know this. So who should you be trying to help and who should you stop judging?

If God gave me the ability to love her in this way, do you consider me capable of more love than our father in heaven? Whatever love that we show is but a shadow of the love that God has for his children.

Once you realize that what I am saying is the truth you will be able to step back from the place of righteousness that you have taken, by calling yourself a Christian, and you will be able to help your brothers and sisters who are not Christians more perfectly.

There is no religion. Can’t you see why Jesus says that whoever doesn’t accept this message to just leave them alone? If the church and Christians had not destroyed the truth there would only be 2 types of people. Those who accepted we are all the same living under the same loving father, and those who reject this message because they long for a place of righteousness.
edit on 15-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join