It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieves dig 100ft tunnel to get limited funds of cash machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I am quite surprised this hasn't happened before:

Thieves went to extreme lengths to get their hands on some money when they dug a 100ft tunnel under a building to get to a cash machine. Detectives believe the criminals responsible could have spent up to six months digging the passageway. Police have not yet revealed how much money was taken in the daring heist but it is believed the gang may have only got away with "limited funds".

The article continues to tell of how the tunnel was around 4ft wide, and was fitted with lights and roof supports.

It begs the question, could they have even stolen enough money to pay for all the equipment and make a profit.
6 months of work, not to mention the scouting and planning beforehand.
What a crazy world, rather inventive though, brings me back to the old 'Great escape' days.

I just thought I would share this with everyone, as it is something I have never seen the likes of before.

Story Found Here

P.s This is the first time I have made a post like this so I may have done some things wrong. Sorry if I cause any work for mods.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
That seems crazy to me. Why dig a tunnel for just a cash machine? It seems like it would be a better idea to just dig into a bank vault.

Reminds me of the movie Barber Shop where the 2 guys steal an ATM and spend the whole movie trying to open it, not realizing it was empty.

Originally posted by RobbWonder
P.s This is the first time I have made a post like this so I may have done some things wrong. Sorry if I cause any work for mods.

They're volunteers. They can quit.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I dont see the point unless the machine has over 100k. The equipment, time and effort put into this move doesnt really seem efficient, 6months is a long time.

I like the old way of tying chains round it and pulling it from the wall with a jeep

One of the best heist groups iv seen are the Burger Boys, they rent out flats above post offices, cut holes in the roof and raid them on Wednesdays when all the welfare money comes though.

I dont care what people say, this is a hard world and you have to play the hand your dealt sometimes, the best you can.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A crew with the resources to pull a job like this has a goal much bigger than an ATM...

Something was stolen and the owner does not want anyone to know about it. Police are either ignorant or telling a story.

Read between the lines here people. This isn't a comedy movie, this is real life. 4ft wide tunnels with supports and lighting is a SERIOUS undertaking. This is not the realm of criminals who make stupid mistakes and misallocate huge amounts of resources.

new topics

top topics

join