It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The philosophy of the fragrances..and your body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The first form of perfume was incense. Incense was first discovered by the Mesopotamians about 4,000 years ago.
Ancient cultures burned many kinds of resins and woods at their religious ceremonies.
They often soaked the fragrant woods and resins in water and oil, and rubbed their bodies with the liquid.
They also embalmed the dead with these perfumes.Perfume also played a part in the lives of the Egyptians.

Every parfume has his own philosophy , they are made to improve our life and we use them for different purposes.
The fragrance can increase oxygenation connectivity in the brain .
Such an increase in brain oxygen may lead to a heightened level of activity in the hypothalamus and limbic systems of the brain, which can have dramatic effects,not only on emotions, learning and attitude, but may also improve the function of many systems of the body.

They say that the body odor is the strongest perfume,that is why many perfumes smell like body odor .
Aromatherapy is the combination of fragrant aromatic molecules, and the influence they exert to the brain as chemical reaction of our body.
A smell is not just a smell. Whether it's rotting vegetables, bad breath or body odor, or the delicate fragrance of a flower or body odor.

A perfume always make you dream,you turn your head back after a scent when a beautiful women passing on the street.That is an emotional reaction when we smell a perfume and instant attraction combined with image..the road the hell...

The odors in the nature are the chemical link between all creatures.
We can smell the rain or a field of flowers,odors can show us danger ,can bring us joy or love.

What is your philosophy in your relation with fragrances?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I find it interesting that no matter what perfume i wear, my daughter always says i smell like frangipani with a hint of coconut. Yet my husband only smells the perfume, he cant smell frangipani or coconut at all.

None of my perfumes or soaps, shampoos and conditioners smell like coconut or frangipani . yes we live in a tropical state, but even if we are down south, she can still smell it on me. weird hey

If anyone can answer why this is, id love to know.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I don't know,could be the memory smell from childhood,it's impregnated in memory of a child about his mother, very familiar,what cakes you cooked all the years,like the smell of a room very specific for the person who lives in it,I think.

edit on 14-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: c

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I find it interesting that no matter what perfume i wear, my daughter always says i smell like frangipani with a hint of coconut. Yet my husband only smells the perfume, he cant smell frangipani or coconut at all.

None of my perfumes or soaps, shampoos and conditioners smell like coconut or frangipani . yes we live in a tropical state, but even if we are down south, she can still smell it on me. weird hey

love and harmony
Whateva

For clarification, I assume the framgipani you are referring to is the flower also know as plumaria?

A common tropical flower related to oleander.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Well for some strange reason.. I have an instant attraction to women that smell of vanilla.

Literally 2 days ago, I was on public transport.. and a woman wearing some kind of vanilla scent sat next to me... It was so distracting, The fact that I am still thinking about that 'Random woman' that sat next to me, must tell something..

I think our brains can mix up tastes/ scents though (I know we taste when we smell to some extent) but I have tasted things that smell like other things should taste but don't.

Sorry to ramble, I haven't slept and I an LONG overdue a caffeine fix!

Ty for the thread, will def flag and read when i have gotten some much needed z's

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

love and harmony
Whateva

Maybe your daughter is messing with you?

Perfumes are used to attract women and men.

I personally believe they are unnecessary, but I still use them.

edit on 14-1-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RobbWonder

TextStudies show that men associate the scents of cinnamon and vanilla with love. To make the scents work for you, try baking some ready-made cinnamon rolls about an hour before your date arrives, or, wear a cinnamon-vanilla scented perfume (there's a fabulous vanilla perfume called "Dulce Vanilla " ). Aromatherapy experts have long-believed cinnamon to be an aphrodisiac. According to Laura Davimes, aromatherapy and herb expert , and owner of Herban Avenues, "certain aromatic plants exude oils similar to our own sexual secretions or pheromones. Wearing cinnamon/vanilla blends increases the presence of pheromone-like substances and dramatically increases attraction."
source(www.links2love.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Oh wow, I have never been one of the majority statistics.

The funny thing is I despise cinnamon (It makes me feel a little better abut fitting a into a majority stat)

Thanks for the info, I have never heard it before.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Oh yes, sorry i don't any other name for it. but its the flower from a tree.

And Diamondsmith , you could be right with the childhood memory's.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RobbWonder

I think our brains can mix up tastes

Textn the attraction stage, a group of neuro-transmitters called 'monoamines' play an important role: Dopamine - Also activated by coc aine and nicotine. Norepinephrine - Otherwise known as adrenalin. Starts us sweating and gets the heart racing. Serotonin - One of love's most important chemicals and one that may actually send us temporarily insane.
source(www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join