It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would the world look like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If earth was aligned,unlike the tilt it is on.Given the wobble,would it still have season's?Of course there would be life from the"Goldylocks"zone from the sun.Would there be ice shelf's on each pole?...I know this is a dumb quest,but give a shot.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
If earth was aligned,unlike the tilt it is on.Given the wobble,would it still have season's?Of course there would be life from the"Goldylocks"zone from the sun.Would there be ice shelf's on each pole?...I know this is a dumb quest,but give a shot.

Seasons as we know it would not exist.
There would be some small variation though, due to the fact that the earth's orbit isnt quite perfectly round and is slightly closer to the sun in January.
The poles would still have ice caps.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You know...I'm not qutie sure what would happens. As you said we would still have life, being in the Goldylocks zone...but as for the seasons variations... Hm... I think we would still have them, but there would only be minute variations in the seasons...

answers.yahoo.com...

Here you go. This link has a few good answers as to what it would be like. The first is that there would be no seasons, the second goes in depth as to why. ^^
edit on 23-1-2012 by CryptoZoologistMichee because: wrong person addresed

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Im sorry but I feel I must ask. Have you completed highschool? or even elementary for that matter? Im not trying to be mean, I know ATS doesnt have an age requirement. So if you are a young kid I guess its an okay question.

The seasons would not nearly be as pronounced as they are now but there would be some temp variations due to our eliptical orbit.

And to answer your question about the ice caps all you have to do is look at other planets and see if they have polar ice caps. I'll save you the time.....yes they do.

Go read a book .....or 5.

top topics

join