It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud seeding = seeds of death? Monsanto in the sky?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Why post this....? Was the statement posted was mis-read and mis-interpreted?:

Cirrus clouds (WMO abbreviation Ci) are formed in a natural way when water vapor freezes into ice crystals at altitudes above 8000 meters (26,000 ft) in the higher part of the troposphere. The exact altitude depends also on the height of the tropopauze, the boundary with the stratosphere and the higher levels of earth's atmosphere. That means that Cirrus clouds in polar regions will appear at a much lower altitude than at the equator.

Maybe when you read that, you only focused on the bits that said "26,000 ft"? Or else, why did you post it? Did you not note that it says "at altitudes above 8000 meters (26,000 ft)"?

Back to fundamentals

Now, after reading the most basics, for kids......some adult entertainment:

Common Cloud Names, Shapes, and Altitudes:

High-level Clouds: 16,500 to 45,000 ft.

Really, this is known by every rational adult (I would have thought) who has had any education whatsoever in the science of meteorology.....and, the nature of cirrus clouds, at altitude, makes them distinct from lower altitude clouds.

Cirrus clouds can NEVER make precipitation that can reach the ground. Clouds such as cumulus and cumulonimbus (to name just two) can.....and THOSE sorts of clouds are ripe for "cloud seeding" to occur.

Read the link above (second one) and each cloud type has a comment section on the right.....note where it describes the "precipitation" that can come from the various types.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

What???!!! Where are the numbers? Why try to side-track? Why not just figure it out? If the tropopauze decreases in height with increasing latitude, then cirrus aviaticus becomes intrinsically tied to lower altitudes. Or did you not read?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Las Vegas is a desert. There is no water. There is no rain. There are no clouds.

There is rarely a moment here without planes in the sky.

The sky is chemtrailed pretty much 24/7 and 365. This creates cirrus (cirrus aviaticus - clouds made by jet aircraft emissions) which spreads to obscure everything.

Make up your mind, are there no clouds or lots of clouds?

But anyway, how does cirrus create rain

Las Vegas gets between 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches of rain a year. Of late, it's not unusual for 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to fall in one day - basically the allotment for a month and a half.

Yes, because it's a desert. That's what happens in deserts

In other words, Las Vegas gets exactly the sort of rainfall patterns one would expect, despite all the heavy air traffic - and obviously that preducing contrails is flying over Nevada, not to/from Las Vegas.

As for cloud seeding in the USA, it's about as secretive as the location of the nearest Starbucks

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anyway, if you are so concerned about cloud seeding, why not contact those who pay for it - farmers, winter ski resorts and water authorities?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

As for cloud seeding in the USA, it's about as secretive as the location of the nearest Starbucks

Dead wrong.

www.agriculturedefensecoalition.org...

These exponentially growing programs have no government or public oversight, limited oversight in a very few states which allow them, and no government or public oversight or consent for the rest of them. These programs change the climate, the micro-climates needed for watersheds, negatively impact tree health, and agriculture crop production. NOAA lists some of these programs but most are not listed due to their experimental nature, military classification, university experiments, and failures to notify NOAA by various states, counties, cities, weather modification companies, and private individuals and corporations who may all modifying your weather

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If the tropopauze decreases in height with increasing latitude, then cirrus aviaticus becomes intrinsically tied to lower altitudes.

So?

Cirrus clouds do NOT precipitate rain nor snow.

How difficult is this to grasp? Since cirrus is not a cloud to precipitate in order to achieve rain or snow (as desired), cirrus is therefor not a candidate cloud to "seed".

This is so simple, I find it hard to understand why it seems confusing to anyone.

AND, no......cirrus aviaticus does not become "intrinsically tied to lower altitudes" simply due to latitude above (or below) the Equator.

The difference in height of the tropopause with changes in latitude is irrelevant as it applies to contrails......but, I thought your thread, here, was NOT about contrails??

Here, more reading in order to further education on the subject of the tropopause:

The height of the tropopause

Might I also suggest a possible extra-credit course at a local college or university on the subject of meteorology??

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So now that it pleases your majesty you decide to call in the off topic card? You have propogated disinformation on this site regarding the height of cirrus aviaticus. Retract or move on.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You have propogated disinformation on this site regarding the height of cirrus aviaticus.

Incorrect.

On the contrary, is seems the OP has misunderstood what was read, in terms of not understanding the concept of the tropopause, the troposphere and stratosphere, and how they relate to contrails, and conditions for contrails (and by extension cirrus clouds) to form.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Anyway, if you are so concerned about cloud seeding, why not contact those who pay for it - farmers, winter ski resorts and water authorities?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
I will let you in a few secrets and I mean it honestly. Farmers? lol 2 things on the farmer issue. #1 Do you think there is evidence that it has helped the "Farmers"? and I will give you a buck for every proven Farmer that pays for cloud seeding that isnt doing it as a supplemental income. Its like "well popeye eats spinach and drinks pepsi drink of chanpions" co signing what? lastly ski resorts? they dont seed clouds or pay for it, they they dont even require natural snow. Its called snow making machines at dusk till dawn ok?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

From your link:

www-das.uwyo.edu...

The height of the tropopause depends on the location, notably the latitude, as shown in the figure on the right (which shows annual mean conditions).

First sentence. Don't you ever read?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Dead wrong - it's so secretive it's all over the local news all the time:

ie

summitcountyvoice.com...

www.plumasnews.com...

www.ksat.com...

www.woai.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
ski resorts? they dont seed clouds or pay for it, they they dont even require natural snow. Its called snow making machines at dusk till dawn ok?

Tell that to Summit County, Co.

summitcountyvoice.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Remain ignorant as this is what you are

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I read, and more importantly, comprehend just fine.

Also, I read a lot more from my link than just the first sentence....

I highly recommend it.

And, I've known about the variable height of the tropopause due to latitude for over 40 years now....but, that is not the ONLY reason, it is far more complicated.

Still, why did you keep raising this subject of the tropopause, when the thread is about "cloud seeding"??

I see that it somehow confounded......maybe because not reading all the information in scholarly articles?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by missiongal

What. using cell phones from over 800 miles away to detonate something on a mountainside.....for cloud seeding purposes??

Why "over 800 miles away" with a cellphone? That is so over-complicated, and "secret-agent-ish", when you can just perform ground-based cloud seeding right there, on site.....as is done:

Cloud Nucleating Generator (CNG)

Synopsis of DRI Cloud Seeding Program

The practice of "cloud seeding", whether done by aircraft, or from the ground-based equipment, is still undergoing a lot of experimentation, because its effectiveness is still not reliable (they call it "targeting" in the video below.....all that means is being able to have an accurate and acceptable result, for all the efforts):

Maybe would like to read the technical details.....this is not secret, nor harmful....but it IS conducted by people of science, and their terminology, so it can be hard to comprehend, I suppose:

This paper presents the modeling results from a ground and airborne cloud seeding case in the Walker River Basin for a period from 1-3 February 2004. The inner domain of MM5 was centered on a region that encompassed all ground seeding generators, the aircraft seeding track and the downwind instrument and snow sampling sites. MM5 output variables are compared to precipitation data at several locations, radiometer vertically integrated cloud water and vapor, and aircraft data. LAP seeding plume simulations are used to evaluate the effectiveness of ground seeding sites for this case, and a new elevated line source simulation is used for the first time to show the predicted evolution of the aircraft seeding plume."
Extended Abstract: ams.confex.com...
ams.confex.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Your epic disinformation and misinformation and partial-information angered me so much that I'm not sure even now if I am calm enough to reply, however, here goes...

watch.pair.com...

There is no government oversight on weather modification in the U.S. There are isolated laws in isolated states as my previous link and quote delineated.

“[Project Stormfury] was discontinued just as new planes for doing the interventions were made available. It seems that we had a deliberate effort to stifle success at the very time that the national weather bureau and other weather-related government agencies were being privatized (the National Weather Service, like the Federal Reserve Bank, the Atomic Energy Commission and the National Science Foundation are privately owned and controlled organizations -- each operating in their respective fields in totally unregulated and largely unsupervised environments, with the public thinking that each is part of the government...

Further the news and charts and graphs and propoganda come from this source:

In 2011, the House of Rothschild acquired a majority stake in Weather Central, the world’s leader in weather, forecasting, traffic, news and sports systems.

“NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--E.L. Rothschild LLC, a private investment company led by Chairman Sir Evelyn de Rothschild and CEO Lynn Forester de Rothschild, today announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire a 70% interest in Weather Central, LP (www.wxc.com). The world’s leading provider of interactive weather graphics and data services for television, web, and mobile, Weather Central’s highly accurate and personalized forecasting offers businesses and consumers a truly unique suite of science-driven weather information products. The company will continue to operate under CEO and founder, Terry Kelly, as well as current management. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed...

So the House of Rothschild decides what weather is for public consumption. There was not enough of a bottle-neck and segmentation of the news and available public documents before so now there is extreme censorship. Here is the weather derivative profit from human misery insider trading in action. Live and learn.

Because you seem to think that Americans are aware of weather modification programs, let me take this opportunity to MAKE THEM AWARE of the operations in the western states that deign to report...because they don't have to. There is no law requiring them to report anything. The whole enchillada is private and the good old boys do the reporting as to method and ingredient amongst themselves because they are trade secrets for private companies.

www.weathermodification.org...

California, according to this link, operates 3 weather modification ongoing projects called Upper American River Snow Augmentation Project, Kings River Project and Santa Barbara Project. These projects are operated by Sacramento Municipal Utility District and North American Weather Consultants. They are for snowpack augmentation and rain enhancement encompassing a total target area of 2,915 square miles.

Idaho operates 3 weather modification ongoing projects called Payette River Basin Project, Boise River Project and Upper Snake River Basin Project operated by Idaho Power Co., North American Weather Consultants and High Country RC&D/Idaho Power Company. They are for snowpack augmentation and encompass 9599 square miles as a target area.

Utah operates 4 weather modification ongoing projects called Northern Utah, Little Cottonwood Canyon (2 projects), and Central/Southern Utah operated by North American Weather Consultants. They are for snowpack augmentation and target a total of 11,250+ square miles because a target area for the Cottonwood projects is not given.

Wyoming operates 1 weather modification ongoing project called High Uintas operated by North American Weather Consultants targeting 1,000 square miles for snowpack augmentation.

Colorado operates 1 weather modification ongoing project called Gunnison Project operated by North American Weather Consultants targeting 3,000 square miles for snowpack augmentation.

North Dakota operates 2 weather modification ongoing projects called North Dakota Cloud Modification Project (District 2) and (District 1) operated by ND Atmospheric Resource Board targeting a total of 10,425 square miles for hail suppression and rain enhancement.

...see next post...ran out of room...continues with Texas, the big one...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

...continuation from previous post talking about weather modification in Texas...

Texas operates 6 weather modification projects titled Panhandle Groundwater Conservation District Rainfall Enhancement Program, Sandyland, Trans-Pecos Weather Modification, West Texas Weather Modification Association, Southwest Texas Rain Enhancement Association and South Texas Weather Modification Association. They are operated by entities with the same names as the projects except for Sandyland and Trans-Pecos which is operated by Seeding Operations and Atmospheric Research. These projects collectively target 15.5+ million acres for rain enhancement.

These are the current ongoing or annual projects that have elected to be a part of the map for "Weather Modification Association' which lists as corporate members including but not inclusive:

Advanced Radar Corp., Aero Systems Inc., Deepwater Chemicals Inc., Dynamic Aviation Group Inc., Hydro Tasmania, Ice Crystal Engineering, Omni Int'l., Radiometrics Corp., RHS Consulting Ltd., Snowy Hydro Ltd., "SOAR" - Seeding Operations & Atmospheric Research

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Because you have propogated dis-information in the geoengineering threads and refuse to acknowledge said dis-information, which is not a crime - just a facet of ignorance, your explanations are highly suspect. If you do not have the capacity to learn, like the rest of us, your contribution is meaningless.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

ALL I bring to these threads is INFOrmation. Your futile assertions to the contrary are easily refuted by everyone who is rational and can read and understand the links and the prose I write.

In fact, just before this unfounded accusation, which is left to dangle in innuendo, I see the same assertions are falsely made to another ATS member, just above.

When the reality is, the dis-info that has been written in posts by luxordelphi are demonstrably shown to have been incorrect, probably a sincere misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the actual science.....this is also clearly evident to the rational readers.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Not sure what makes you so angry with me? You admit that there are plenty of state sponsored cloud seeding programmes as well as more local ones that I referenced. I've shown how they frequently get mentioned in local news.

It's just part and parcel of normal life in some places. As you clearly show.

The fact I think its all a waste of money of neither here nor there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join