It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf in MN??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Saw this the other day, and it got me thinking a bit. This guy in Taylor Falls MN spots what he thinks is a wolf in a field, and to his surprise it's running on two legs. He saw this around 7 am, around the time the sun is coming up, still a little dark though. Then it goes on to say that he got address to phantoms and monsters from a guy who told him there was a sighting recently west of Duluth during 2011 deer season. Anyone have any werewolf type stories they would like to share from the cold North? Between the Bray Road Beast of Wisconsin, and the Dog Man of Michigan, could we here in Minnesota have our own werewolf? Here is the story... naturalplane.blogspot.com... AndMonstersAPersonalJourney+%28Phantoms+and+Monsters%29

if anyone has any info on this story, or the one near Duluth I would be willing to do a little footwork around the area to look into this more since I'm right up here in Duluth, and travel all over the state quite often..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It seems that part of the country has it's share of werewolf sightings. I was always intrigued by the fact that there are so many people of Germanic descent there and they have so much folk lore about werewolves. A case of immigration from the old world or is it something ahem "native". Cool find

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Good find, I'm always fascinated by reports of "Chewies (from Chewbacca from Star Wars)", "Dogmen", or Werewolves, they go by so many names these days. Funny people never report seeing a female, always a male which leads to the old tale of them raping human females. The email author didn't stipulate if what he saw was female or male because the sheer shock of seeing this animal he just wanted to be safe from it.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
OP the map with the article looks as if the incident happened on HWY 8 near St.Croix Falls, MN. So if this is a fairly recent sighting that animal would more than likely still be in the area especially during early morning hours before the completion of sunrise, the witness said he saw it at 7 am. This is fascinating, if you go out there to investigate do let us know what you find.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

I have a question. Keep in mind I don't know much about werewolves and such, so I may very well be wrong.

Don't werewolves come out only during a full moon? Well,the article claims that the sighting took place on January 2nd.

There was no full moon on January 2nd. There was a half moon.

www.tutiempo.net...

Now, that is not to say I believe in werewolves, because I really don't. But going along with the stereotypical werewolf lore, his story does not quite work.

So, is this a flaw in the story or no? Has the lore changed?
edit on 14-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I have a question. Keep in mind I don't know much about werewolves and such, so I may very well be wrong.

Don't werewolves come out only during a full moon? Well,the article claims that the sighting took place on January 2nd.

There was no full moon on January 2nd. There was a half moon.

www.tutiempo.net...

Now, that is not to say I believe in werewolves, because I really don't. But going along with the stereotypical werewolf lore, his story does not quite work.

So, is this a flaw in the story or no? Has the lore changed?

Full moons are probably just a myth to the werewolf phenomenon. What would be more likely is a shape-shifting type creature or possibly a case of mistake identity or just simply seeing things. It was dark after all.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

ya know, I'm not really a big believer in the whole werewolf story per say. I believe that the term werewolf is loosely used here to describe an arch type of a cryptid. I believe it could be something like a bigfoot maybe? This animal does not transform, it just is for some reason or another. But it is a fascinating subject. Maybe see if there is something running around down there, who knows...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSleepCreep

Full moons are probably just a myth to the werewolf phenomenon. What would be more likely is a shape-shifting type creature or possibly a case of mistake identity or just simply seeing things. It was dark after all.

To be fair, there are quite a few who think the entire phenomenon is a myth.

Keeping in mind that I am not really a believer in werewolves, I think that if this guy really did see something that a case of mistaken identity would be the most logical.

I don't mean to be the stick in the mud here, so thank you for bearing with me.

If it is a case of mistaken identity, I admit, I have no idea what it could be....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I live less then 10 mins away from this on Wild Mountain Rd..This is the first ive heard of this siteing i will see if i can get some info on this from the locals..There was a Bigfoot siteing also in Taylors Falls i did a thread on this a few months ago there is lots of dense woods in these areas and plenty of water..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

It's quite all right you can be a stick in the mud, I can bear with you....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

ya know, I'm not really a big believer in the whole werewolf story per say. I believe that the term werewolf is loosely used here to describe an arch type of a cryptid. I believe it could be something like a bigfoot maybe? This animal does not transform, it just is for some reason or another. But it is a fascinating subject. Maybe see if there is something running around down there, who knows...

You know what's funny? While I don't believe in werewolves, I actually lean slightly toward believing in bigfoot. Go figure, huh?

I am not sure why, I guess maybe my mind is able to wrap it self around an undiscovered ape running around better than it can a being that transforms into a wolf on the fool moon.

Like you said, the author of the article never mentions that it transforms at all. it is a very interesting subject, I admit that.

I wish there was a picture but we don't, so we are left to either take the guys word for it or not.

IF this guy is telling the truth about what he saw, then I don't know what else it could be....But I honestly think that is a very big IF

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Awesome, I really hope you do talk to some of the locals. See if they have heard anything.

If you do, please update us.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is rather interesting because I heard about a "werewolf" sighting just a little bit south of Mankato back in late November.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I do not believe in "Werewolves" - However, I'd be more inclined to believe in the Skinwalker theory or the "Dogman".

There are many reports across the USA (Wisconsin and Michigan most specifically) of a bipedal creature standing 6-7 foot tall and has a head of a dog and a hairy body. Ever heard of the Beast of Bray Road? Something similar to that.

Linda Godfrey has a series of books on the subject and they are very interesting.

....Of course this all could be mistaken identity and they are Sasquatches.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen?

I don't believe in anything mythological, however it wouldn't surprise if there were 'freaks of nature' out there which could account for things like Bigfoot etc.

media.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Im personally a strong believer in Sasquatch. I think that the big fellah exists because ive seen one on a hunting trip. Yeah yeah, no pictures
but I saw one with my own two eyes and so did my cousin.

I think that a lot of these "Dogman/Werewolf" sightings are a case of mistaken identity and what people are seeing is Sasquatch.

edit on 14-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Yeah I'm thinking the sasquach is a freak of nature, maybe some hillbilly got frisky with a bear some years ago

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Very cool post. While I'm not normally one for stories about werewolves (I'm more of a Sasquatch guy lol), what struck me about this one was how random and sincere it seemed? Obviously It's typed so we can't really judge it emotionally, but it seemed like he was really describing something he saw. Who knows what it was, but if what he says is indeed true, he should start looking for it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hmmmm yea I love the idea of a werewolf and would be awesome if they were real but still one of those things that are questionable to me I guess.

I Just thought of something though, what if it was some prehistoric wolf that has somehow survived? I don't know i'm not an expert so don't bite my head off everyone just a thought.

Either that or maybe it's bigfoot in a wolf costume trying to take the attention off itself
hahaha

top topics

<<   2 >>

join