It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Is Richest Candidate in a Decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A new study shows that Romney is, in fact, the richest Presidential candidate since Steve Forbes in 2000. Also clear to note that Bain Capital owns the largest conservative voice in America, " Clear channel. "

Source / Alternative source

04 January 2012, New York – Wealth-X, the global intelligence, prospecting and wealth due diligence company, today announced it lists Mitt Romney, the candidate for the 2012 Republican Party presidential nomination, as the wealthiest U.S presidential candidate since Ross Perot and Steve Forbes. Romney is among the 3,140 richest individuals in the U.S.

( Same source )

The study, by Wealth-X, shows that Romney’s net worth of around $250 million puts him easily ahead of the Bush family, John Kerry, John McCain, John Edwards and the Clintons. The only two candidates over the past 20 years who were richer than Romney were Forbes and Ross Perot.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

He comes across as a real hatchetman. I am sure his psychological profile would register
off the charts in the Sociopathic Tendencies section.

Could prove to be an extremely dangerous personality to hold the highest office.
I bet he is just wallowing in the Citizens United cesspool of cash right now.
S&F
edit on 13-1-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Having money isn't a sin and doesn't make someone a bad person. There hasn't been anything to come up that suggests he gained the money in an unlawful or immoral manner. If you could prove he made his $$ by some nefarious scheme then his financial standing would be important. Otherwise .. he's just a very successful businessman and people who complain about his success are just jealous.

PS - Bain Capital was by the book.
Streamlining is a part of making a business/corp. profitable.
Again ... prove that he did something wrong with it and I'll listen.

(P.S. Romney isn't my guy ... but fI have to say that ragging on him because he is successful is silly IMHO)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Having money isn't a sin and doesn't make someone a bad person. There hasn't been anything to come up that suggests he gained the money in an unlawful or immoral manner. If you could prove he made his $$ by some nefarious scheme then his financial standing would be important. Otherwise .. he's just a very successful businessman and people who complain about his success are just jealous.

PS - Bain Capital was by the book.
Streamlining is a part of making a business/corp. profitable.
Again ... prove that he did something wrong with it and I'll listen.

(P.S. Romney isn't my guy ... but fI have to say that ragging on him because he is successful is silly IMHO)

I agree with you wholeheartedly that money does not make you evil or a bad person. However the one thing that has me concerned is that Bain Capital owns Clear Channel. That can be problematic since most of the Right-wing media figures like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and so forth are owned by Clear Channel. These people have been the biggest Romney supporters so far, and they keep pushing hard for Romney to win the nomination.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
However the one thing that has me concerned is that Bain Capital owns Clear Channel. That can be problematic since most of the Right-wing media figures like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and so forth are owned by Clear Channel.

Okay ... LIke I said I'm not a 'for Romney' person. But Clear Channel is known to lean right ... and Romney is running on the right (supposedly) .... so they'd be supporting him anyways. Wouldn't this be like Ted Turner running and CNN covering him in a positive light?? Kinda like .. it's going to happen anyways?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
However the one thing that has me concerned is that Bain Capital owns Clear Channel. That can be problematic since most of the Right-wing media figures like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and so forth are owned by Clear Channel.

Okay ... LIke I said I'm not a 'for Romney' person. But Clear Channel is known to lean right ... and Romney is running on the right (supposedly) .... so they'd be supporting him anyways. Wouldn't this be like Ted Turner running and CNN covering him in a positive light?? Kinda like .. it's going to happen anyways?

It's obvious that the Clear Channel hosts are supporting Romney the most. Yes, they're all right leaning and would support a right leaning candidate, but if you were right, then they would present all candidates in the same light instead of casting a shadow on anyone who is not Romney. They have decided among themselves that Romney is the only candidate who can be nominated as their leader and beat Obama. This isn't true, of course, but that is the lie they continue to repeat over and over again.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

With all due respect sweetie, all money of that magnitude is gained via an unlawful, unethical,
and immoral manner. Unless you are an inventor/writer/entertainer/artist/farmer/ etc. of course.
Even then, there are venture capitalists and outright thieves at every turn.
Just for example, I met the fellow who invented The Contact Lens. He is certainly living comfortably,
and will do so until his life on earth is finished. Yet there were those who made infinitely more than that.
All under the guise that they were taking "all the risk." Therefore he had to settle for less.

Standard Business School Scam vs. Genius. Honorable Genius at that.
If you think that this man has the best interest of the full Swath of American Citizens perching from
all levels of the SocioEconomic Structure in The United States of America in this Year of our Lord,2012,
I can assure you that you are sadly mistaken.
Look deep behind the Tabernacle and peer into the Arc.

Personal Gain can really be a Bain. Best Regards

P.S. I have nothing against a sociopath, as long as they do not hold the most powerful Public Office.
In case you haven't noticed, this country is being destroyed by those who have excessive "Self Interests."

As you said, there is no law against getting rich by ripping other peoples lives apart.
At least in the Private Sector. In the Public Sector however, it is known as Treason.

At least it was, Once Upon A Time.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Once Upon A Time

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
John Kerry's wife was a billionaire.

Still couldn't buy him a win against Bush.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

No, it isn't. In fact since you mentioned it, the only way to keep it honest at this precipice would be to
have a Third Party Candidate/Nominee. Just like the Three Branches of Government:
The Executive, The Legislative,and The Judicial Branch. Just like the Holy Trinity: The Father, The Son,
and The Spirit. Just like the Trilateral Commision. Just Like the Three sides of the Triangle. Morning, Noon,
and Night. Just Like Time: Past, Present,and Future.

The error here, is that we have not a third independent party to balance out the duality.
So therefore, the gridlock policy remains.

Where there is no Honesty, Honor and Civility, the two headed beast devoures itself.
Even the name of this country is in thirds.
United States of America.

It is quite clear that great empires crumble quite quickly while the citizens sleep.
Only to awaken to the dust heap of what was Sound only moments in time before.

Speak Now, or Forever Hold Your Peace. S a v v y ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

With all due respect sweetie, all money of that magnitude is gained via an unlawful, unethical,
and immoral manner. Unless you are an inventor/writer/entertainer/artist/farmer/ etc. of course.
Even then, there are venture capitalists and outright thieves at every turn.

that's the most pompous ridiculous statement made here in ages. only the artistic are ....pure?

Just for example, I met the fellow who invented The Contact Lens. He is certainly living comfortably,
and will do so until his life on earth is finished. Yet there were those who made infinitely more than that.
All under the guise that they were taking "all the risk." Therefore he had to settle for less.

and by your logic he stole from a lesser inventor...

Standard Business School Scam vs. Genius. Honorable Genius at that.
If you think that this man has the best interest of the full Swath of American Citizens perching from
all levels of the SocioEconomic Structure in The United States of America in this Year of our Lord,2012,
I can assure you that you are sadly mistaken.
Look deep behind the Tabernacle and peer into the Arc.

and why should he work for you? what do you do for him?

Personal Gain can really be a Bain. Best Regards

P.S. I have nothing against a sociopath, as long as they do not hold the most powerful Public Office.
In case you haven't noticed, this country is being destroyed by those who have excessive "Self Interests."

As you said, there is no law against getting rich by ripping other peoples lives apart.
At least in the Private Sector. In the Public Sector however, it is known as Treason.

At least it was, Once Upon A Time.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Once Upon A Time

uh-huh

new topics

top topics

join