It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Butterfly People" of Joplin, Missouri

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by deadeyedick

We shouldnt ignore the possibility that the butterfly people actually caused these deaths in the first place and they certalinly may have been angels...fallen angels...Why would good angels protect some people and let others die?...That makes no sense at all...If only the victims who did die could tell us what they saw,but we probably wouldnt like what they might have to say...
edit on 15-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

It kinda makes sense to me when i imagine a war we can't see being fought right in front of our face.
Maybe your correct in that fallen angels had a hand in starting it.
So then it wouldn't be too far fetched that good angels were there doing all they could but came up 161 lives short.
Maybe this is part of our reality that no matter how much struggle we go through and no matter how much intervention we receive bad things are going to happen.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I have seen again and again when entire towns were torn apart by hurricanes,tornadoes and earthquakes, some of the survivors in those desolated and waysted places put up spray painted signs "thanking god" for sparing their homes and their families...

Well...What about the other 1,000 or so homes that were destroyed and the 100 or so people that were killed?... God didnt care about them? and are the people who just lost the lives of their husbands and wives and kids and their homes thanking god?...I doubt it...And if they are,why are they "thanking god"?

I would not be thanking and praising a god thats supposedly powerful enough to have created the heavens and the earth,but who is not powerful or caring enough to stop a hurricane or tornado from destroying homes and killing people...

Just who or what are these people still thanking and still praising in the middle of these horrible disasters anyways? Do they really know?...No,they dont...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I actually think it's in bad taste whether you believe in God and Angels or not to loudly proclaiming how God saved you when you are in the midst of tragedy and many people have died or been injured or lost their homes. And to write 'Thank you God' on the walls of your still intact homes is I think insensitive and hurtful. There is nothing wrong with having faith but these kinds of actions imply, whether intended or not, a sense of preference on the part of God.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by batgirl

Yea someone should set these so called survivors straight.
These kids should not be allowed to think these terrible thoughts of salvation and intervention.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I would not be thanking and praising a god thats supposedly powerful enough to have created the heavens and the earth,but who is not powerful or caring enough to stop a hurricane or tornado from destroying homes and killing people...
reply to post by blocula

Maybe it's because GOD loves us that we die horrible earthly physical deaths and through those trials we are tempered and prepared for eternal life.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
One thing I think it's important to remember here is that what we call "death" is not a horrible thing. For evidence, take a look at some of these NDE's

These people found that life after earthly death is fantastic. Most of them didn't want to come back here, but decided it was best. Some of them were actually angry and depressed that they were sent back.

I understand what you are saying about the people spray painting on their house things like, "Thank God". However, I disagree. Now, I've never been in that situation. But I think that I would feel good for those people who's families or homes were left intact.

It's not about the challenges we face as human beings, but how we deal with those challenges. Thinking only for oneself and not for others would be considered somewhat of a failure in that challenge. One thing that is great about a horrible disaster like this is that communities are brought together and people begin working in unity for each other.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by batgirl

These kids should not be allowed to think these terrible thoughts of salvation and intervention.
I am unable to see any kind of salvation and divine intervention involved in anyway within a town or city that has been rippped to shreds by disaster and strewn with shattered homes and broken bodies...

How is the desire to "thank god" able to arise and where is that desire coming from?

Within the death and desolation,i see and feel the results of someone or something that is sinister and evil...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

These people found that life after earthly death is fantastic. Most of them didn't want to come back here, but decided it was best. Some of them were actually angry and depressed that they were sent back.
reply to post by angellicview

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is another great thread similar to yours that touches a bit on the subject of death and intervention.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by batgirl

It's not a matter of having thoughts of salvation and intervention and that being wrong, it's a matter of how and where and when you express it in the midst of tragedy. People can express it amongst themselves while at the same time being sensitive to the people around them who were not spared. I was not referring to the kids at all, more to people spray painting their homes with Thank You God being a bit insensitive if the other people on the street have had their homes demolished, it's simply a matter of considering other people's feelings.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by batgirl

Sorry for twisting your words a bit.
However i'm still not buying it.
The dead won't be offended and the ones that make it through have been reminded of the last truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by batgirl
I actually think it's in bad taste whether you believe in God and Angels or not to loudly proclaiming how God saved you when you are in the midst of tragedy and many people have died or been injured or lost their homes. And to write 'Thank you God' on the walls of your still intact homes is I think insensitive and hurtful. There is nothing wrong with having faith but these kinds of actions imply, whether intended or not, a sense of preference on the part of God.

The emotions that people have when they have avoided a tragedy cannot be categorized in a normal frame of mind. They have been through something we have not, therefore, how it is expressed is coming from a place we are not, and we have no reference. The term "Bad Taste" is not even a consideration for those who have been through something like this.

Whatever the 'point' system is that determines being saved, or not, is certainly not based upon how wonderful you were in life, how compassionate or loving, or how important you were in the world or in your family.... It is something else, but it is not random. There is a fundamental reason why some people have been given another chance, and the only way we will probably ever figure that out, is to die.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I agree with you that 'bad taste' is not a consideration that people use when they are in a state of shock after just having gone through a tragedy, people are just very happy to be alive or to have had their families and/or houses spared. I just think that when the shock of it has subsided and people have digested what has happened it is good to consider the feelings of people who have lost loved ones or did lose their homes when those who did not are in their midst. I wouldn't want to say to a neighbor for instance in the aftermath of the tragedy, a neighbor who say lost his wife, "I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine what your going through, thank God my family was spared, He protected us, it was like a miracle". I am just saying that those words could cause some pain to the man who lost his wife. That is all I am saying.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by batgirl

Yes they are happy to have had their houses spared and they are glad to be alive,but,they're still thanking god and what exactly are they thanking god for? Allowing the disaster in the first place? or are thay thanking him for saving their houses and their lives while so many others were torn asunder and destroyed?...Me personally,i would'nt be thanking god for anything...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why do we keep telling God/Creator/Intelligent Being who is to be spared and who is not? God owes us nothing. None of us can extend our lives a single minute or a single day. I don’t know why an old man is spared and a child perishes. Either way it’s a tragic situation. In our finite existence we cannot begin to understand the dealing of the infinite.
Its interesting how as adults we make things so complicated, try to come up with exotic theories as to why a phenomena happens (butterfly people). We focus on trifle maters when we see simple miracles happen right in front of us. It's so obvious that a child can see it, sad we are blinded by our doubt.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
As the earths human population increases,more and more people are praying to and thanking god and all the while our sufferings and our wars continue on and on...Hmmmm,i wonder why?...There is a sinister connection thats hiding there in plain sight...Imo...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by batgirl
reply to post by charlyv

I agree with you that 'bad taste' is not a consideration that people use when they are in a state of shock after just having gone through a tragedy, people are just very happy to be alive or to have had their families and/or houses spared. I just think that when the shock of it has subsided and people have digested what has happened it is good to consider the feelings of people who have lost loved ones or did lose their homes when those who did not are in their midst. I wouldn't want to say to a neighbor for instance in the aftermath of the tragedy, a neighbor who say lost his wife, "I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine what your going through, thank God my family was spared, He protected us, it was like a miracle". I am just saying that those words could cause some pain to the man who lost his wife. That is all I am saying.

Absolutely, however it takes the understanding that life is not fair, and everyone has to live by that rule. We have no choice. I have been through it, I had to deal with it. Everyone has to deal with it at some point in their lives. If you want a belief principal to support your sorrow, or support the sorrow from a secondary source, then you need to understand the context of the reply to your original post. Read it again.
edit on 15-1-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by MollyStewart

I don't know how free from the sin of all fallen man little children are.

Scripture does teach that they aren't accountable until they can rationally well distinguish and personally choose good over evil.

Anyway--your post reminded me of the TRUE story in Todd and Colton Burpo's book:

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL

of the little girl of a friend of theirs who pulled on her mother's skirt as the church service ended and asked her mother:

"Mommy, why do some people have lights (evidently halo's) over their heads and some don't?"

Is it possible the little girl might have been talking about the murals and religious paintings of Saints, baby Jesus and the Madonna that adorn the walls?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Hmmm... good question. I would like to think the child was seeing halos or auras, but it could be that

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The reason why some (but not all) children can see angels, is because their pineal gland hasn't calcified.
Fluoride, calcifies this gland very quickly, as does many other pollutants. There are stories in Africa where the Elder has reported that the children can't see UFOs after they have had vaccinations, probably due to the thiomersal mercury. Maybe this is why we have mercury filings.

You need melatonin to 'see' past this dimension and this is made at night. This is made into '___' by the body and this is needed to activate the third eye (=Pineal gland) to be able to 'see' the other dimension=the Matrix.
(This is why the Egyptians only painted one eye, as if it is looking at you, we only see one dimension.
Fear decreases melatonin and increases adrenaline which in turn calcifies the pineal gland. That is why you should choose love not fear. Constant stress does the same.

'___' is released for the first time in a foetus at 49 days, and a very high amount is released by a dying brain, to help them to enter eternity. But '___' can also be released when a NDE or an OBE occurs.

I have seen several angels and been rescued by them and I was thinking of making a thread.
Whoever does will need to be brave.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

We dont even know for sure that angels actually exist and what adults think angels look like,our mental image of them,is taken from medieval paintings,movies and books...

So for anyone to say that it was an angel that they saw,or that saved them,especially a child,would only be able to think and say that what they thought they saw was an angel,because it resembled what their parents told them an angel is suppose to look like,or the angel they saw drawn within a story book,from a cartoon,in a movie,or from a painting...

The chances of being rescued by a being that might as well have lifted itself off of the pages from within a story book,or from the canvas of a painting,or from the television screen,is highly unlikely...

Most people,perhaps all people,see what they want to see and three people could all see the same being at the same time and one person will say they saw what they would like to believe was an angel,another person will say they saw an alien from space and the other person will say they saw a ghost...

In reality,we dont know what they really are,we dont even know if they really exist...

And by the way,if angels exist,where were they as countless children were being herded into the death camp gas chambers?

edit on 16-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join