It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Butterfly People" of Joplin, Missouri

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kkrattiger
reply to post by angellicview

Thanks for making a thread with the intention to uplift.

You are welcome! I am just so captivated by all of these stories. And I am so thankful my friend called to tell me about this yesterday morning. She, too, was captivated and intrigued by the stories and she knew I'd be interested to hear and read about them.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Man, more of the reason to believe in God and all his doings. You don't need an angel to help you believe that God is real, a child below age 5 can tell you that there is an angel in the area, their eyes are not scarred.

We cannot see them, but we can feel them.

They can look like what ever they want, big looking people or winged angels at the people's service.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
maybe its the nice version of the mothman prophecy

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea
reply to post by newcovenant

It's presumptuous to think that the 161 weren't purposely taken by God.

It is asinine to presume too much. When I was a child I heard a story someone told outside my bedroom window about bears and after that I could see bears everywhere. Children have active imaginations. It is more presumptuous to think that butterfly fairy's saved the lucky ones.

This sounds more like a "rendering" of the truth that puts the word butterfly into the retelling of each harrowing story, an authors trick to hook an audience - as if miracles are not enough.

Been through hurricanes...Hugo, Marilyn and seen miracles, I believe in angels and divine intervention but I suppose that is presumptuous too.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

This is so beautiful,i could,nt stop crying..thanks so much for posting this.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

This sounds more like a "rendering" of the truth that puts the word butterfly into the retelling of each harrowing story, an authors trick to hook an audience - as if miracles are not enough.

Actually, not all the stories contain the reference to the "Butterfly People". The first link to the article I posted says that there was a meeting after the storm in which somebody got up to speak and said that her daughter/son had seen "Butterfly People" and there was a gasp through the audience. To me, that means that other people had seen or heard spoken of similar beings - not necessarily had called them that. The term "Butterfly People" did stick, though, and maybe that was, in fact, a kind of affectionate term for this town of the beings who had saved their lives or the lives of their loved ones

edit on 15-1-2012 by angellicview because: Misspelling

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
reply to post by yourmaker

To me, Angels are very real

They sure are. These guardian spirits are amazing. Thanks for the story. It brings much hope. The negative comments only reminds me of why only children can see them

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
There are some amazing stories in this thread, so I'll share mine. It's short.

I was about 7 years old, and we were staying out of town with relatives. I was sleeping on the sofa downstairs where I had fallen asleep at some point in the evening when all of the adults were up talking.

My parents had taken an upstairs bedroom. I woke up in the middle of the night, very sick and shivering. I couldn't move and I felt as if I couldn't take a breath. I know I called for my mom but no one heard me. All of the sudden I felt something lift my body up off of the sofa and carry me up the stairs to my parents room, then gently laid me next to my mother.

She woke up then and told me as she recalled it, that I was burning up. My temp was around 104 and going a bit higher. I began to shake all over. They rushed me to the hospital in time to find out I had developed pneumonia and I nearly died that night. Doctor told my mother if they had not gotten me as they did so quickly I may not have made it.

I know that an angel carried me up the stairs to my mother....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

I have seen this before, where someone tried to debunk it and couldn't! I believe it was an angel!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I have experience in my family of children seeing images of a their dead grandmother and her voice, up to 2 years from her passing. I know they saw and heard something amazing. There were only 3 such incidents and it left them crying but actually wanting it to happen again.

I do not believe that it is because children are so innocent, or unbiased. I would like to hear about some physical reason, based on how children's mind and bodies are different before becoming adults, and perhaps there are some scientific reasons that they should be more susceptible or "reachable" by whatever this spirit manifestation is.

Is there anyone out there that would know about, or have heard about any scientific investigations like this?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I figure kids can see them only because they are fresh and not harmed by the governments harmful things they give to us, to get rid of that kind of sight, or perception. really hard to explain

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Actually, not all the stories contain the reference to the "Butterfly People". The first link to the article I posted says that there was a meeting after the storm in which somebody got up to speak and said that her daughter/son had seen "Butterfly People" and there was a gasp through the audience. To me, that means that other people had seen or heard spoken of similar beings - not necessarily had called them that. The term "Butterfly People" did stick, though, and maybe that was, in fact, a kind of affectionate term for this town of the beings who had saved their lives or the lives of their loved ones

edit on 15-1-2012 by angellicview because: Misspelling

Well you might be right. I think the topic of your thread is very inspiring and uplifting and am not knocking your thread at all. It is unfortunate for those who did not make it and perhaps families of the deceased are wondering why their loved one did not get an assist. I admit, everyone has their time to die and if it isn't up you will be the sole survivor in a plane crash. It happens. I think angels come in ordinary human form, sometimes they are animal guides but even in the Bible wings are a rare thing. ...but perhaps not impossible!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Originally posted by newcovenant

The tornado killed 161 people.

Did they not have enough Butterfly People to go around so 161 ended up not surviving? I don't doubt the stories but I do wonder why the 161 who died were NOT protected by the Butterfly People?

Not everyone can be saved.

Think about if you had to save your drowning family and you only could save one. Your wife, or one of your three kids. Yes, an extremely tough and hopefully ficticious decision to make, yet these types of things happen.

Although it would be extremely tough, wouldnt you save the one who was most pure, perhaps the youngest, or the one who seems to be going places.

You would think...but no. I do not make decisions like God might.
I would save my wife first - we can create more children together.
I do get what you are saying though.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This made me smile
when I move on from this body you better believe that my spirit will be there to provide as much good as I can provide.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Very interesting thread!

The afternoon the tornado hit Joplin and the NE KS and SW MO area, my family and I were driving home to Kansas City from Iowa. I remember commenting to my wife near the Missouri/Iowa border, looks like a big storm down south there, see how dark and high those clouds are?

As we neared Kansas City, you can tell there was definitely a good sized storm down south.

I had no idea it would turnout to be as intense and fatal as it turned out.

Thank you so much for posting these accounts. I had not heard of so many stories, from kids, that seem to touch on the same experience.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minikin84

This is the reason. If you see something, and are constantly told "No, you don't see that, it doesn't exist," you condition your mind not to see that thing anymore. They haven't been told that they don't exist yet. It is also the reason that children are percieved as being 'sensative' to spirits.

I believe that's exactly what may have happened. A good example of this are auras...many childeren percieve them when the are younger and will even include them in their artwork. It isn't until they are older and conditioned that they don't exist that they no longer percieve them. Those that are encouraged will remain seeing them their entire life however.

This reminds me of the story of the native american elder when christopher columbus' ships were first reaching the shore. The elder spoke of how when watching the horizon of the ocean his mind was saying something was off, but his eyes told him nothing was different. The elder went with his intuition and remained on the shore. It wasn't until a drawn out period of intensive concentration that the ships "magically" appeared before his very eyes. It is believed that the reason for this was because the massive ships with bearded white men in brightly colored clothing were so radically different from anything the elder had ever seen, that his mind had blocked all perception of them. It took the physical act of convincing himself otherwise for him to finally see reality.

Now I'm going to share something with you readers here that I have not discussed anywhere else, but this post is the first that has inclined me to do so. Feel free to ridicule me, or scour my previous threads to see I am an honest individual. I share this with you all because it seems important for this topic, especially for those who may be right on the cusp of belief/disbelief. Understand I do not wish to persuade anyone in either dircection, I just wish to share my experience.

To start, I am not a very religious individual but highly spiritual. I view religions as tools or pathways to a greater understanding, but do not honor one over another. I grew up in a broken home with a fairly rough childhood. I will save you the details, but its important to understand that because of this, much of my childhood I was a bit of a recluse. It was very difficult for me to associate with childeren my own age. I belive it was because of this that at one point I developed a very deep relationship with what my parents called an "imaginary friend". He wasn't like the guardian angels/butterfly people, in fact quite the opposite, almost a drop dead fred kinda attitude.

I can recall many occasions where he would pull all the toilette paper off the rolls, or draw on the dog in permanent marker and I would be left to take the blame. One occurence that really stands out in my mind was one day he told me that the dog treats were real bacon, so that morning the dog and I took turns mowing down on them. Needless to say I got sick, and when I told my parents what happened it was immediately chalked up to my imagination and I was punished accordingly.

Even though my friend occasionally got me into trouble, I can say that he was always there for me. When ever I needed support, or someone to talk to he was there.

I cannot remember for certain at what point our contact ceased, but between my parents beating it into my head that it was my imagination, starting new schools, or just plain getting older...eventually I forgot all about him.

Fast forward to just a few years back...again I hit some hard spots, my emotions were out of control, and for the first time I was right on the verge of taking my own life, or doing something equally as stupid. It was at this point that something very sinister entered my life. My house would change. I would come home to objects and furnature being moved. I would wake to distorted and angonized faces in a completely powerless black tv screen. Sounds and voices ever increasing in occurence. At one point I walked in on a figure standing in my bedroom. At the time I assumed it was my wife (similar height and build and it was dimly lit). I proceeded to make conversation until my wife came walking in the front door a few seconds later.

This sent me into a complete breakdown...I hid in my shower bawling my eyes out, it was too much with everything else going on, and I couldn't handle it any more. It was in that shower that through the steam and tears I saw a black figure behind me in the reflextion of the faucette. When I say black, I mean the word black cannot even describe it. I thought for sure something terrible was about to happen, but right at the peak, all my memories of my forgotten friend came flooding back.

When I got up the courage to turn around, sure enough it was him. When I asked why he torchered me so much, he told me it was neccesary for me to see again.

Since that day and even now he has always been here with me...
edit on 15-1-2012 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Many people died there that day with no angels to help them,

Believing in god, angels and such pretty much makes it hypocritical to believe in human rights and free will.

Who is to say that there were no angels to help those who died. The angels or butterfly people as some of the children called them could very well have been helping and ministering to the souls who died as they made their way Home. Truly tragic yes, but how do we know that the angels didn't appear to them while they died and helped them through the process. Many who have had NDE experiences when given the choice to stay or go back, often do not want to go back to this sometimes 'hellish earth' and are kind of talked into coming back for the sake of others.

I don't believe for one moment that believing in God or Angels makes it hypocritical to believe in human rights and free will. Why would it? If you see human life as an amazing creation and believe that human life, and life in all it's wonders are more valuable than all the gold and materialism in the world put together, why would you not fight for it?

I would say, how can you believe in God and Angels and NOT believe in human rights.

Many people, children and adults alike, have spoken about having encounters with Angels and Protectors, and other than seeing one myself during a car crash, I have had a couple other encounters where I believed that I had just spoken to an angel who was disguised as a human.

Once when I was on a public transit bus at night, during a storm, I was very depressed at the time and I sat in front of a woman I had never seen before. This isn't a hugely populated area. So, I sat in front of her on the bus and she placed her hands softly on my shoulders, I turned around to look at her and started speaking to her, there was something about her, as I watched her look around at the other people on the bus, she then got up, walked a few feet down the aisle, turned and looked directly in my eyes, she said something to me that I needed to hear, something that gave me encouragement, she then went to the front of the bus to the stairs, looked again directly at me, and it felt like she was looking directly IN ME, like she could see right into my soul, she then gave me a big smile and said for me to have a nice night as she walked off the bus. When she looked at me, I could see a light behind her eyes, that is the only way I could describe it. This woman stood out because she was an abit on the large size black woman with a very pretty face. I live in a predominately white area. She exuded this serenity and peace on the bus that had instantly put me at ease with her. I believe she was an angel. I could feel it inside. There's no need to prove it, if you encounter one you will simply know, perhaps from the light behind their eyes.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why did 161 people die?
Well if the stories are true and angels were helping then a third of the angels were causing more harm.
So then maybe 322 lives were saved?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread and to the others who have posted their own stories. My dad once told me about waking up in the early morning hours to the sound of what he could only describe as an angelic chorus. He said it was so beautiful and so loud that when he turned to my mother to see her reaction he was surprised to find her sound asleep. He woke her and she heard it as well. He said it was something that he would never forget. He passed away a few years ago, so if it was what he believed it to be then perhaps now he hears it once again. Though I have never personally seen anything that I can positively identify as an angel, I have had enough experiences in my own life to convince me that God does exist. I can only hope angels do as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

We shouldnt ignore the possibility that the butterfly people actually caused these deaths in the first place and they certalinly may have been angels...fallen angels...Why would good angels protect some people and let others die?...That makes no sense at all...If only the victims who did die could tell us what they saw,but we probably wouldnt like what they might have to say...
edit on 15-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join