It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Butterfly People" of Joplin, Missouri

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This reminds me of the saviors at the ending of "Knowing".

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

False. Read God's instructions on building the Ark of the Covenant. God described the Cherubim and the Seraphim.
in Isaiah 6 the Seraphic have six wings. Two to cover the face, two to cover the feet, and two to fly.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thank you all so much for all the wonderful replies, and stories! What a great uplifting subject to discuss.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
how come only kids can see em

Probably innocence.

They don't have years of darkness to occlude their sight.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I believe children are not of the age of accountability therefor are under the special protection of God for the most part. Children of God were somewhere within the vicinity and called upon God's Holy Name and as James has told and Elijah proved and God promised, the prayers of a righteous man avails much. Jesus said it was better a millstone be tied around the neck of one and tossed in the sea rather than harm a child. He also said unless we become as little children we will never...see...the Kingdom of Heaven.
Galatians 3:23 NLT

Before the way of faith in Christ was available to us, we were placed under guard by the law. We were kept in protective custody, so to speak, until the way of faith was revealed.

James 5:16 NKJV

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
Matthew 18:10 NASB
Matthew 18:6 NASB

but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 18:2-5 NKJV

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

Children are very special!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Ancient Babylonian artwork and carvings show angels with wings.

The concept of angels both with and without wings, is deeply ingrained.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeta55
Thanks for this wonderful post. I hope to live in a manner, where if I need the help of an Angel, I would be fortunate enough to receive it.

We may not be able to perform miracles yet, but we can still be an Angel, to someone that needs help.

Let us ask what we can do to help others, not what someone can do for us.

Absolutely right!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I live in St Louis and had only heard rumors of this. I looked it up and our local newspaper had this to say:

www.stltoday.com...

I have had numerous things happen in my life that were miracles, so this does not surprise me.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Good Post OP !

The Angels appear to the children because the young are still capable of using their third eye.

I feel that Children have more connection to their sixth sense as part of a natural protection mechanism and also as to why Women are more gifted in this area in order to protect themselves as well as their young as well.....I am a guy BTW.

But as we age and are better prepared to protect ourselves we lose this ability.

This connection with the sixth sense though provides a form of gut feel radar protecting them from danger similar to what Animals have which we call "Instinct" but it is all connected to our soul or consciousness.

I am a former daredevil of sorts and definitely have what is called the Thrill Gene...I have had countless episodes of being saved from an early catastrophic demise.

But not to harp on myself...

Here's an interesting Video of an Angelic figure caught on a Hospital security camera.
Interesting story too...it obviously wasn't her time to die yet and the Angels made sure of it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Why are some people saved and helped...and other people and children die?
I don't understand it.

Perhaps some are saved because there is love in their life? Others are "not saved" because not saving them is their salvation?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Interesting. Maybe the storm disturbed their secret home/shelters, and they were forced to fly around.

Aaaaah I don't know lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Children at that age have not knowledgeably committed sin/negative actions. They haven't been told what exist or what does not exist. In my belief, when you're on that level of cosmic freeness. YOu are intune with the frequency of love, which is along the wavelength of which these beings can be seen.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

True. They show "beings" with wings, but there were different stories of beings with wings. The oldest accounts of "angels" talked about beings who bore no wings. The angel Mîkhā'ēl is ingrained in several cultures around the world, and has been since before Christianity and Judaism infected beyond the borders of Northern Africa and the Middle East, and none of them discuss him having wings. I'm not saying there weren't winged beings back then, but they weren't "angels." Most of them were Greek Gods or other ancient "spirits" (maybe aliens?).

All of that aside;
I was merely commenting on the unique discription and title given by the girl. A lot of children would see something like the Mothman as a "butterfly person."

edit on 14-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Such a beautiful story, thank you OP! I know there are angels around us, and I know that they do protect us. I've had too many close calls with death to think otherwise. Every time I had said close call, I always felt something around me, protecting me, and all I had to do was just pay attention and I could get through it. I should be dead from a car accident but I'm not. I should've been washed away in a flood and I wasn't. I came within seconds of being kidnapped when I was 6, only to have my Mom show up just in time. She told me later that all day long she'd been having a gut feeling to come get me. Not my brothers, just me, like someone was whispering in her ear to come get me NOW! So I can definitely relate to these people.
To hear these stories of Butterfly People from children....so wonderfully beautiful I can't even describe it. I fully believe they all saw what they saw that day. How can so many children just make the same story up? There's too many different age groups to say they all picked it up from school.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Why are some people saved and helped...and other people and children die?
I don't understand it.

Too many skeletons in the closet? I dunno, hahah

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

This is very interesting, the history of angels also mentions the babylonian kind

www.feedback.nildram.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wonder if this has any thing to do with the Goverment brain wash programs, project monarch

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I remember one car accident where I should of died in, but I was at the light and was just about to go when I heard something say STOP, real loud, so I stopped and did nothing, couple seconds later an SUV was screeching and ran a red light and the other car beside me just barely missed him by an 1inch or so. If I went, I would been a sandwich between the SUV and the other car. Back when this happened, I had a fiberglass car. So it would totally been totaled. Knight Rider. I miss my car.

Glad I didn't go then. My heart was beating a mile a minute after that. But, I don't know if it was an angel, butterfly people, intuition, gut feeling, or my mind playing tricks on me.

That night was just very weird. That's all I'll say.

edit on 14-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I dont believe these stories one bit.
not that the people the stories were about were lying or misunderstood, i think the falseness comes even before that, the "friend" you heard it from or the "sources" online.

This is all religious propaganda. People using disaster to try and inspire others.
And how convenient, only children saw it. but children are innocent, why would they all lie? a great scapegoat, no one will call children crazy, because its cute and inspirational!

Biblical angels were never described as being seen by some and not others.
in fact the bulk of the angels even in the bible have 4-6 wings. great detail goes into describing them, the name-types they are, and their specific purposes, none of which are saviors.

also who should question those who are emergency assistance? or who go in to help during disasters? clearly they would never lie to spread influence in their belief right?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
good thread...

some very interesting stories...

the one that really gets me is the kid found in the field...
maybe there is something there...

the six big men, were probably just that...
its the bible belt, people are not going to sit and do nothing when its obvious people around you are in dire need of immediate help and you are capable of helping them...
none of the 'big boys' around town were sitting at home watching the news. i will promise you that...

at the same time, its the bible belt...

so there is no doubt, right after the tornado, most of these children CONSTANTLY were told and heard their parents talking about their gaurdian angels, and everything...
anyone that grew up in the bible belt can tell you this...
children hearing this kind of thing can really spark up their imagination...

are there angles? i have no idea, i don't think so, but then again, i have been through some unexplainable things that should mean i am no longer here.. yet, here i am... and in pretty good health considering....

star and flag to OP for a great thread...
edit on 1/14/2012 by baphomet420 because: removed an s

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join