It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Butterfly People" of Joplin, Missouri

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Good thread OP, inspiring!

Here's my angel story:
My dad, my little brother and I were driving (me and my brother were about 7 and 8 years old). Our car broke down my dad tells us to get out and we all start pushing to get the car out of the road (not very well though because we are both small children at the time). So we are pushing and a jogger comes up out of nowhere and helps pushes the car out of the road with us. When it got out of the road he just waved to us and jogged off. After a couple seconds of catching our breath, we look up to get a look at our helper and he was no where to be seen on the road. It was only seconds later when we looked for him and there was no where he could have physically gone but he was no longer there except in our memories.

And not only did he help us, but he has helped tons of people because now whenever i see someone broken down and in need of a push i always hop out and push their car.
edit on 14-1-2012 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2012 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
reply to post by buddha

Awe
The purpose of my thread was to make you feel good - not to depress you

Maybe they are helping us more than we even realize

I don't think your post made this person depressed. He/she has "Suicidal" written in their "Mood" section.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Beautiful story.
I wish the angles/ aliens would help my life.
no building falling on me. just a very bad life.
they do keep me alive? but why the misery in my life?

why dont angles/aliens help us stop the evil and psychotic people?
why do we live in a world that lets some one microwave a kitten?
what is the point of doing same good as a angle.
but to let even More evil happen???
You ask .."why dont angles/aliens help us stop the evil and psychotic people?"
Two nights ago both my college age son and Daughter along with their roommate were heldup at gun point. my son had the pistol stuck right in his face and got such a good look at it he described it (.32 cal. 6 shot blue steel revolver. old). the two robbers stole their lap top computers.

Both are alive and physically unharmed today.
Both could have been killed on the spot that night.

Maybe "angles/aleins" as you so sarcastically describe them, intervened. Who the hell am I to say.
I know this.
They are both alive, pissed off and going about the business of getting past this experience So I'm very grateful for that!!!!!!!

edit on 14-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: tightin' it up

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
And this is how we know this is made up, EVERYONE called them butterfly people? Not fairy people, not bird people or something else. Someone is making this up and to make the story interesting they are calling these made up characters "butterfly people".

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
reply to post by buddha

Awe
The purpose of my thread was to make you feel good - not to depress you

Maybe they are helping us more than we even realize

Thank you for saying that. Maybe they truly are helping more than we realize. Maybe I need to just trust that they are working and helping to take care of things out of our control.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Beautiful story.
I wish the angles/ aliens would help my life.
no building falling on me. just a very bad life.
they do keep me alive? but why the misery in my life?

Its funny, I used to think the same thing my friend. I wondered howcome I was always so unlucky. Why did I always seem to have the stupidest problems? Why is it that as soon as I start getting ahead, life comes and smacks me down. Why does this bad stuff never seem to happen to the other people around me?

Then I was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic melanoma. With tumors in my lungs, Sinus and brain. It was not a very hopeful diagnosis at all. And the cancer was spreading very rapidly But 8 months later here I am. The experience has changed me dramatically. The way I see it now, all the problems, all the adversity, all the strife that I've dealt with was really preparing me for beating Cancer. A less strong person whos never had to deal with problems might have just given up and died. I used to think God hated me. Now I know he was preparing me. Maybe the same is true for you brother. Maybe theres something in the times ahead that will take lots to overcome.

As to the angels/Butterfly people, amazing story. Funny how the kids are so adamant about what they saw.
I believe Angels absolutely axist. Theres been a few times in my life where I didnt see them, but knew they were there helping me.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: misspelling

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I have learned that I create my own reality, if I chose to look and ponder on the hatefulness or ugliness in the world, that becomes my world. I decided one day to look at the wonderment and the beauty of it all, to stop struggling with what I did not like, and chase the things I did want in my life. I still see the ugliness and the lies out there, but now I have balance, a much healthier perspective, and better sight for spotting the miracles.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
that actually freaks the crap out of me if it's all true...it would explain a lot of close calls that should have been hits in my life...
and the mythology of it all, and the fact they are just kids. please be fake.

You talk about close calls which could have been due to an "angel" saving you yet you want them to be fake?

Why would anything like this scare you? It's a good thing
Means someone is looking out after you.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It is probably nothing. Wings on angels were created by artist.....there is absolutely no historical or biblical evidence of angels having wings...only art

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
S&F Absolutely amazing!

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the adults in Joplin saw these spirits too, but are too scared of being ridiculed. Children are always honest with what see, often to the embarrassment parents .... "mom why is that man is fat?"

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Small children often do not have a vast vocabulary of describable words. Most children are more familiar with butterflies than they are fairies, angels or aliens for that matter. On one account it was the words of a 2 1/2 year old child. A child so young could only describe what she saw and relate it to something she has probably already seen. i.e. A butterfly.

As the OP has put it several times, people are meant to pass on when it's their time to pass on. The Angles/Aliens were there to aid those who were not meant to pass on at the time. Maybe there were angles/aliens there with those who passed on, there to help them and guide them on the way.

The point is, a child can see things that we adults cannot. If the children say they saw these "Butterfly people" (a phrase coined by one experience to describe all similar stories) I would believe them. When a trauma like that occurs, a child is not going to make up something to make their story more awesome, they have no motive to do that, especially in that situation.

Child Psychology 101.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
It is probably nothing. Wings on angels were created by artist.....there is absolutely no historical or biblical evidence of angels having wings...only art

Revelation 4:8
Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."

Ezekiel 1:23 says that cherubim have four wings, while seraphim's have six wings--two that over the face, two that Cover the feet, and two which to fly.

Depending on who the angels appeared to, they sometimes came as men, sometimes they had wings. So yes, there is biblical evidence of angles having wings.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Not fake.

People will come to terms one way or another with the supernatural in this era.

God is longsuffering and would prefer that none perish.

However . . . rebellion cannot be allowed else it would corrupt even Heaven.

Choosing life is a priority. Seeking God wholeheartedly is a priority.

Yet, this narrative is precious, in part, because it demonstrates God's mercifulness even with folks not sold-out to Him.

However, there are consequences for choosing values and activities of death. At some point, consequences of bad choices will be harvested from what was sown . . . apart from the chosen Mercy of God through Christ's Blood and Love.

The angels can give folks another chance as well as protect those who have accepted God's Salvation. They can't force a right choice.

Those who earnestly seek God shall find Him.

It does tend to require surrender of one's assumptions and values in exchange for God's truth and values.

"Butterfly people" is such a great label for angels.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Some folks believe that individuals meet with Father God before birth and CHOOSE the major events in their lives that will facilitate their spiritual growth in areas fitting God's ultimate roles for them in eternity.

When they are born, all such is withheld from their consciousness.

It's plausible to me and fits what I know of Father God. However, there's nothing in Scripture to indicate that it's true.

Certainly this is boot-camp to train and condition those to rule and reign with Christ through eternity over countless ages and countless worlds, imho.

Scripture certainly teaches that angels are ministering messengers, personages of God to help those of good heart who choose Him.

Only 1/3 of the angels fell with satan. Besides, God can create more.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The term Butterfly People made me instantly think of the Mothman stories. I wonder if there's a connection to that phenomenon, which seems, to me, more plausible than "Angels", at least the angels people imagine when you say angel.
The original Angels from lore didn't have wings, they were described as wearing black feathered cloaks, which is where the feathered wing idea stemmed from. Later in theological poems (Ancient Greece, I think Nike was the first) they were mentioned as having feathered wings that resembled mallard ducks and/or peacocks, however, the change in story makes me think the winged angel idea is an evolution of the idea, not a "true" representation. 90% of the angels in artwork were created during the Renaissance, and that's where main vision of Angels comes from.

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by wlord

I'm thinking its because children haven't been told they can't see them.

love and harmony
Whateva

Agreed. Children see the world in an entirely different spectrum than we do. Our reality has been corrupted by force-fed beliefs since we were children. They've seen the real world. Not the "Plato's Cave" we've been taught to live in.
edit on 14-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Beautiful way to start my day, glad to hear that there were guardian angels there helping to save lives. Children are so innocent and trusting, makes me renew my faith in the future to hear about this.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The OPTION TO LOVE

REQUIRES

The option to choose NONLOVE.

For the choice of NONLOVE to have reality . . . there must be a REAL CONSEQUENCE to choosing NONLOVE.

Those build up collectively in the world, in a culture, in a generational family, in individual lives etc.

I've often felt like I had a black cloud over my life for long periods. I don't know all the reasons.

I just know that God is good and has a plan to do good to all those who seek Him and accept His Salvation. And, I know that GENERALLY, things go much better when I earnestly attempt, by His Grace, to live by his values, priorities, boundaries, goals for me.

We are being trained for ruling and reigning with Christ or we are being seduced into death and suffering out of our own selfishness, pride, lusts, whatever. There are not a large number of choices.

Sometimes individuals are saved because someone closer to God is praying for them.

Most of my horrendous suffering has been due to my own stupid choices. Much has been to other people's stupid choices. God has used it all to refine my spiritual walk and my priorities.

Scripture teaches that He does so

IN ORDER THAT we might "bear a greater weight of glory" in eternity. That is, that our brokenness and humility would result in more rewards and higher authority in eternity.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Because children are innocent and have not yet been jaded and corrupted by the world that we live in.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I am fascinated with the mothman history. The four individuals that lifted the walls from the huddled, trapped survivors, sounds more like the depictions of mothman. Legend has it they make appearances just before and during disastrous events.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks for this wonderful post. I hope to live in a manner, where if I need the help of an Angel, I would be fortunate enough to receive it.

We may not be able to perform miracles yet, but we can still be an Angel, to someone that needs help.

Let us ask what we can do to help others, not what someone can do for us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join