It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Butterfly People" of Joplin, Missouri

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I heard a story today from a friend of mine who volunteered to help rebuild houses in Joplin, Missouri, about the "Butterfly People" who were seen by children during the storm. These children said that these people saved their lives.

I was interested in what my friend said, so I went online and Googled "Butterfly People". Take a look at some of these stories... and have kleenex handy!

The stories about butterfly people coursed through Joplin, passing one by one and then by the many, tales describing what children reported seeing on that Sunday night in May as the tornado bore down. The children said the butterfly people protected them. These stories, tales of guardian angels, could be dismissed as a child's fanciful imagination. But the stories have taken hold here. And as the months have slipped by, the adrenaline fading along with some of the terror, the stories have assumed a new, maybe even more important role. To understand why, you have to understand what this town of 50,000 went through — and what it still faces. The tornado killed 161 people. It shredded entire neighborhoods. More than 900 homes were lost. Big box stores collapsed. The destruction was complete, the landscape rendered foreign. The tornado unleashed stories about death and unlikely survival: A teenager sucked from an SUV, a toddler plucked from his mother's arms, houses that exploded in 200-mph winds as families huddled in bathtubs and closets. For months, just about any place people gathered, the stories spilled out, including stories about the butterfly people. Read more: www.stltoday.com...

My favorite story is of a 2 ½-year-old little girl who with her father was caught in the tornado in their vehicle. Afterward, when she was encouraged to tell of her experience (the point being to keep children from internalizing the moment and becoming fearful and developing long-term anxiety), she told this amazing story: She said she and her dad and the “butterfly people” were in the car and…At this point she was interrupted and told that only she and her daddy were in the car. But she insisted: “No, Daddy” There were butterfly people in the car with us!” Is that not awesome?! This small child would not have known what an angel was or how to describe one, but she knew about butterflies! It was adequate to describe a miracle!

A young boy and his father were also in their vehicle and were being tossed wildly in the wind when suddenly the father looked up to see another car flying toward them. The little boy was the one who saw two very BIG angels holding the other car back. Their car was never hit by the flying car. The boy continued to say it was the BIG angels that held the other car back. Only the child saw the angels, but the father witnessed the miracle!

Another incredible story is told by a deputy sheriff who, immediately following the storm spotted a little 4-year-old boy in an open field east of Joplin. The deputy ran to get him and found there was not a scratch on him! He asked, and the little boy told him his name and where he lived-which was in west Joplin, out by the St John’s hospital that took a big hit. The deputy asked how he got there to the field. The boy replied: “The angels brought me and set me down here.” The distance was more than six miles from where he was picked up!

There is another story of a mom and her young daughter who were in their vehicle when they saw the tornado coming toward them. They got out of the car and jumped in a ditch, the mom covering her little girl. When the tornado passed, they got up from the ditch and the mom asked her daughter “are you okay?” to which the little girl replied “oh yes, weren’t they beautiful?!” The mom asked her what she was talking about and the girl replied “didn’t you see how beautiful their wings were!” The angels were surrounding them in the middle of the tornado and the child saw the beautifully colored angel wings! Mom did not see them but knew that somehow, they had been protected.

Pastor Wermuth also told of a church across from the Joplin High School where people had gathered early for the evening service. They were told to get to the basement quickly. (There was one casualty in that location.) All four walls of the church fell to the basement, trapping the people underneath the rubble. Six large men arrived and lifted the four walls up, allowing the survivors to climb out. When rescue squads arrived and inquired how they got out, everyone had the same report: Six big men lifted the walls up and allowed them to climb out. And when everyone was out, they walked away, saying they had to go dig others out. All were very descriptive and emphatic about the six large men-all telling the same story the same way to the rescuers. The rescuers in disbelief explained, there is no way 6 men can lift all 4 of these walls. Can you say “ANGELS”!

Butterfly People

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
how come only kids can see em

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

I'm thinking its because children haven't been told they can't see them.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by wlord

I'm thinking its because children haven't been told they can't see them.

love and harmony
Whateva

This is the reason. If you see something, and are constantly told "No, you don't see that, it doesn't exist," you condition your mind not to see that thing anymore. They haven't been told that they don't exist yet. It is also the reason that children are percieved as being 'sensative' to spirits.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

It could be that they, the children, aren't corrupted or distracted by everything. Enabling them to see the "butterfly people." It's possible not all of them saw them. Seeing only miracles just like the rest of the adults. We wouldn't hear of those stories only hearing of the "butterfly people" since this is a thread about them. It is interesting...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
that actually freaks the crap out of me if it's all true...it would explain a lot of close calls that should have been hits in my life...
and the mythology of it all, and the fact they are just kids. please be fake.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Ha ha! You're funny.

I guess it's only fake if it's fake to you. To me, Angels are very real

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
One of my friends told me years ago that she was driving and she was trying to turn left onto a street, but the steering wheel just wouldn't turn left! It was like it was stuck. So she pulled over to the right hand shoulder of the road and a car whizzed by on her left. She said that if she had been able to turn left that car would've hit her. After that she never had another problem turning left.

I think that a lot of things in our lives that happen were "meant to happen"... and if it's not meant to happen, someone will make sure it won't.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Ha ha! You're funny.

I lived in hell for the first 3/4 of my life. then one day it all changed forever, it hasn't been the same ever since.
I now live like a lone king, in my palace. if there are angels, they made sure of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by angellicview

Ha ha! You're funny.

I lived in hell for the first 3/4 of my life. then one day it all changed forever, it hasn't been the same ever since.
I now live like a lone king, in my palace. if there are angels, they made sure of it.

WoW! Was it some particular thing that happened to change your life? Or your life just seemed to turn around?

Either way, I'm glad to hear it

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Why are some people saved and helped...and other people and children die?
I don't understand it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a friend of mine is a professional storm chaser who was there in Joplin the moment of the Tornado but couldn't get through to the affected area directly after the storm, but what he told me he seen along with other storm chasers was a large triangle shaped object thousands of feet in the sky hovering just above the tornado track at the clouds he said it was the weirdest thing, and to know this guy you would never expect to hear anything out of his mouth that could suggest UFO, hes an extreme deny'er
but non the less he claims whatever it was, was there

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Why are some people saved and helped...and other people and children die?
I don't understand it.

Well, I believe we all have a life plan. Some people plan to die that way. I mean, everybody has to die somehow and some way. So that was just the way they planned to go out

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
a friend of mine is a professional storm chaser who was there in Joplin the moment of the Tornado but couldn't get through to the affected area directly after the storm, but what he told me he seen along with other storm chasers was a large triangle shaped object thousands of feet in the sky hovering just above the tornado track at the clouds he said it was the weirdest thing, and to know this guy you would never expect to hear anything out of his mouth that could suggest UFO, hes an extreme deny'er
but non the less he claims whatever it was, was there

That is amazing!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

The tornado killed 161 people.

Did they not have enough Butterfly People to go around so 161 ended up not surviving? I don't doubt the stories but I do wonder why the 161 who died were NOT protected by the Butterfly People?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

what was weird about it was the fact that he had to call me and tell me about it, where him and i have had arguments over the last 15 years about even the remote possibilities of ET, he said he tried filming it with his wide angle HD camera he uses to shoot storm footage for the weather channel but he said it just came out as a black speck. i asked him if he thought it might be storm debris, but he was adamant that it was a black triangle and it was hovering extremely high just below the weird puffy clouds that came after the storm.

I tried showed him a UFO on a camping trip one time and he wouldn't even look at it because he said they didn't exist

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, based on my studies, we all have a plan for how our life is going to go. We have certain areas of our lives - like certain challenges - marked out. Then we judge ourselves at the end of our lives as to how we handled those challenges. Just like our birth, we also plan our death.

Really, though, I find it amazing at how many people survived considering the devastation there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Since then I had driven through the area several times. I was amazed at the devastation. Yes, very surprising that more did not die.

Every occurrence that transpires in our lives does so due to some sort of cosmic plan. I do not believe that anything is set in stone but, that we plan for a specific outcome and events unfold in such a way for it to be realized. That's why most were saved and some were not.

Call it the butterfly effect. (pun intended) We may not see the end result of these events as they may continue unfolding well beyond our life span but, rest assured understanding will come.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Beautiful story.
I wish the angles/ aliens would help my life.
no building falling on me. just a very bad life.
they do keep me alive? but why the misery in my life?

why dont angles/aliens help us stop the evil and psychotic people?
why do we live in a world that lets some one microwave a kitten?
what is the point of doing same good as a angle.
but to let even More evil happen???

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Awe
The purpose of my thread was to make you feel good - not to depress you

Maybe they are helping us more than we even realize

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join