It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama czar proposed government should 'infiltrate' social network sites, chat rooms, message board

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
It's bad enough with these guys hanging around here, now we have Obama's goons too?

We get TONS of infiltrations here ... seriously ... they come in waves ... they come in pods .. .they come in flocks ... and many times they are really, really obvious. It's like they find this place and then tell all their friends/coworkers or something. BOOM ... huge tidal wave of people all at once with the same agenda. Right now, I'm pretty sure we've got at least a handful of Iranian government agents trolling here ...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

That aside, this is yet another disturbing bit of info that turns my stomach and has me contemplating life elsewhere.

What's the point? With the NDAA, they can come into any country and just "get" you anyway.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
all the folks who signed up in 2011 talking about 'the newbies' seems weird to me..................

.............just

you aint been around long enough yourself to be making such judgement calls, IMHO

I'm sorry if I upset you, but you misunderstood, I was refering to newbies as people who have signed up THIS year ie in the last 2 weeks.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There are quite a few who have come here in the last few months with very high post rates
that when you break it down into averages seems to be more like a job than anything else.
Certain 'nameless' posters have over 2,500 posts to theyre name in just under 3 mths !
Thats some going ! To me anyways ?
No doubt there are Govt paid shills and disinfo agents spread across the boards here and I'm
beginning to notice quite easily now who they are !

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

This isn't any big surprise or even news. Who hasn't proposed something like this and who thinks it doesn't happen already, everyday - as we speak?

Do you think the FBI, CIA or Homeland Security doesn't cruise all these sites looking for keywords? Looking to head off the next Ft Hood gunman or another Jared Loughtner right now?

Not to mention assassination attempts on the President. (using those 2 words in a sentence probably got me flagged - and if it didn't they are working on a time when it will)

I recall the largest criticism of our security agencies after 9/11 was there was all kinds of chatter online and on telephone conversations back and forth between operatives that should have been picked up and red flagged.

Now it should come as no surprise this is being done at an alarming rate in the interest of "National Security" which apparently takes precedence over individual privacy rights. I don't think National Security takes precedence over individual privacy rights and most lefty-liberals don't either.
They (we) think this is way beyond the bounds of necessity but here is what happens...you get a business that becomes good at breaking security and infiltrating these types of sites, sometimes the sites themselves are gathering information for sale to various interest groups that want to capture "target" audiences and market to them directly and covertly.

This is "free market capitalism" and people are allowed to capitalize on the commodity of INFORMATION.
The business itself that gathers this information is protected by the "millionaire friendly right" and then National Security is a sacred cow to who again? The dependable billionaire protecting, defense spending shopoholics on the right. The Patriot Act only flung the doors wide open so this information (previously fiercely guarded and protected) was now the domain of security agencies. It is presumably in the best interest of the country and to prevent another attack. That's a crummy bill of sale and a bad action giving up all of our personal privacy rights.

It is only the actions of groups like the ACLU and various liberal watchdog groups that keep the Feds from tapping your phone lines and getting all up in anyone's business without trying to hide it - without cause or provocation.

If it were not for their tireless effort on our behalf we might all have a government agent monitoring our every purchase, movement online and google Earthing the house in Realtime. It is only a matter of time before this becomes a reality anyway.

Where do you think they are going with the Street View technology?
You think they don't already have our license plates matched to the residence (blurred to provide the illusion of security) They can see if you have guests over or an unregistered car.
With our SS# you think they don't already have our entire work history? This is why you can't work under the table - you are off the radar.
Your cellphone already pinpoints your location at all times. Bet someone is working on a program to make THAT a running stream of information visible anytime for a price right now.

Facebooks new story format is even going to give whoever cares a little booklet detailing our lives, our interests, family, friends and associations (right down to how much we like them) from the moment we were born.

That should be fun. The only thing protecting us from being stark naked in front of BIG BROTHER is our clothing and those can be removed at the airport. Otherwise BIG BROTHER sees everything we have, think and do now including what may or may not be in our underwear.

We call ourselves FREE?
The Swiss, the French and the Germans, probably many more, are more "free" (ie less like sitting ducks on the radar of their governments) than we are.
America is one great big mostly British experiment in effectively controlling the unwashed masses from the smallest possible seat of power and influence. And they have us right where they want us...by the DNA in our short hairs.
edit on 14-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This shouldn't really be a surprise to anybody.

I would expect a certain amount of monitoring. This is a public forum after all.

Even a certain amount of participation in the debates isn't necessarily a bad thing. Often the conventional answer is the right one.

Where it could become worrisome is if debates get deluged by sock puppets to the point where only the 'approved' point of view gets heard. Thats a kind of 'social network jamming' and should be illegal. Its no different to driving a tank with a huge speaker system to a town hall debate and simply deafening everybody when an unpopular candidate gets up. That wouldn't be allowed in real life and shouldn't on the web either.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Though Obama is the first Israeli funded POTUS...

This has been going on long before we even heard of Obama....here on ATS.

I came here in 2007 as a result of a Google Search to inquire and discuss 911 Conspiracy Theories years ago and soon noticed that there are at least 5-6 full time 911 anti Truther Trolls there who only frequent these specific areas.

They gang up on Truthers using classic disinfo tactics of demeaning,discrediting and deflection as well as the Delphi technique.

Where they garner apparent support from their peers who are really all on the same team...working as sock puppets making the Truthers appear to be outcasts for seeking answers.

When I called them out on it ....I subsequently was relieved of all of my applause points...

Tis nothing new My friend....welcome to the New World Order.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
It's bad enough with these guys hanging around here, now we have Obama's goons too?

We get TONS of infiltrations here ... seriously ... they come in waves ... they come in pods .. .they come in flocks ... and many times they are really, really obvious. It's like they find this place and then tell all their friends/coworkers or something. BOOM ... huge tidal wave of people all at once with the same agenda. Right now, I'm pretty sure we've got at least a handful of Iranian government agents trolling here ...

Wow, I know what you mean dude. I think I found one of the Obama infiltrators last night. I won't post their username but look at one of their posts. I was discussing Iran in another thread and this person came in spewing this tabloid propaganda, it was pretty bad.

Names are edited out:

Originally posted by edited

Originally posted by edited
Iran is doing what Iran wants within it's own borders and leaving other countries alone.

Iran in Cyber War Against USA From Latin America

Iran - We Export Terror

Iran Sponsors Terrorist in Lebanon.

Wikileaks NY Times - Iran Armed by North Korea - thus supporting repressive N.K. regime

Tuscon News - Iranian Plan to Bring Terror Across US/Mexico Border

Iranian Book Celebrating Suicide Bombers Found in Arizona Desert by Border Patrol

Iran's Proxy War (In Iraq) Continues

Iran's Proxy War from Gaza

Iran's Proxy War Against the USA

Bloomberg - Ahmadinejad Woos Chavez-Led Allies as He Hunts Influence in U.S. Backyard

ETC ETC ETC ETC

What logic are you using to arrive to the conclusion that Iran is getting a free pass in the tolerance department?

What logic are you using to arrive to the conclusion that Iran is leaving other countries alone?

edit on 14-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: edit

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

maybe this was in response to obama's "jobs program"...to pay lots of folks minimum wage to come on these websites and post the most distracting and nonsensical comments possible. maybe that's what he did with all of the ACORN workers???

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You people on this site make me absolutely sick. You call other shills for no reason and then star comments that do the same. Be ashamed.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
You people on this site make me absolutely sick. You call other shills for no reason and then star comments that do the same. Be ashamed.

I see your account is from 2011, you must be one of the shills the OP was talking about

Just joking

edit on 14-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I absolutely agree. I think it's worse than we think. I made this account after deciding my old one was too revealing of who I am. I think I will just watch more and say less. I was considering just not joining any alternative news site or conspiracy site. I think it's out of control the way we are being manipulated by people we think are just like us.

I only made this account so as to give my 2 cents and not feel like a complete tool for cutting and running. I promised myself I would take more of an active effort in promoting what truth I think I found. If not what's the point, self revelation and then what. "enlightenment" yeah right, get bent. I want to enjoy my community and talk to people of like minds. "They" can be here all they want. I will not surrender this or any other thing to them. I just dont care anymore. I only worry about my family.

but yeah. People lurking on the same threads or comment boards. Here on ATS I think it's more of a debunking role and a political/ agenda pushing. Other sites usually get more into the "opinion" swaying. I think it's funny they respect members here on ATS enough to think things through, and supply "proof". They tend to use our sometimes over analytical minds to feed us a carrot on a string. It's better than the drool they push on places like face book or YouTube anyways.

I dont know. I have been very uneasy about the level I am thinking it's at. but hey, I tend to let my heart burn a hole in my logic. worth keeping your eyes open though. When in doubt, be a skeptic.

P.S.
dont reveal too much about yourselves, I really regret having to start from scratch. It's better than being more paranoid than I am already though.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Sick. You are a sick and arrogant person. Seriously, when someone is "Not like us" then they they are a shill. Shows how much you can handle honest discussion.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

what. dude. what the hell. The Government people we think are here are here to spread the truth?
please take it down a notch. what exactly are you talking about. You like big brother?

???? jesus'???? damn bro, what exactly is that about. SICK?
edit on 14-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

then leave . you people on this site? we are a conspiracy community. we are natural skeptics. what did you expect?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

The Government people we think are here are here to spread the truth?

Who the hell are these government people you are talking about??? Or is just simply that you" feel" they are?

You like big brother?

No, but i am not paranoid enough to call others shills for no reason. It is sickening.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
you just singled me out for no reason. you are not that tolerant in my book. a little edgy

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Do you honestly think it's that far of a stretch to consider that certain organizations may use sites like these to influence public opinion?

There are many groups who openly admit this for various causes. It's been happening for a long while and for you to get so bent out of shape when someone merely mentions the possibility certainly makes you look suspect.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: think

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately

then leave . you people on this site? we are a conspiracy community. we are natural skeptics. what did you expect?

No, you are the exact opposite of skeptics. You need no proof for your assertions. You throw around the word "shill" based on nothing more than a feeling. No, you are not skeptics.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

please provide some info rebutting the facts that conspiracy theorists can be violent.

Over 250,000 ATS members. A major discussion board for people who don't waste their lives on sport or entertainment. An unknown number of members with hidden intents and purposes. There's bound to be some violence somewhere just like there's some violence from time to time in any area.

The definition of 'conspiracy theorist' has always been a sticking point for me. A conspiracy is two or more people covertly plotting a harmful act. A theory is a supposition. In my book this makes the label 'conspiracy theorist' suitable for anyone who has ever considered the possibility that a harmful act was quietly planned by more than one person.

I'd be interested to hear about other cultures take on the concept of the 'tin foil hat nutter conspiracy theorist'. Is it a universal human concept or just an invention used to reduce questioning?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join