It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas GOP House Speaker 'Prays' That Obama's 'Children Be Fatherless And His Wife A Widow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Well. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater.
You can't say bomb in on a plane.

There is speech that's protected and then there is speech that isn't.
IMO wishing someones kids to be fatherless is the most un christian thing someone can say.
That's just low and disgusting.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Gseven

Well. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater.
You can't say bomb in on a plane.

There is speech that's protected and then there is speech that isn't.
IMO wishing someones kids to be fatherless is the most un christian thing someone can say.
That's just low and disgusting.

True, but false alarms that hurt the public safety and drain response resources are one thing. Unchristian behavior is quite another. If Michelle Obama felt his statement was a lethal threat, then that's up to them, but I didn't take it as such. People say stupid things every day out of frustration and anger, and NOBODY comes to that kind of opinion of someone who is a great, lovable, kind and caring individual. That statement was obviously provoked, and we don't know the whole story. It's still freedom of speech, and people have a right to be anal sphincters in their private life, if they choose to be.
I'm not defending it, mind you, but there's two sides to this coin. When we go down that slippery slope of holding people accountable to the deplorable gossip they say to another in private, then where will that lead us? Censorship will be taken to a whole new level. And whom here is innocent? We ALL will be crucified!! Worse yet, we'll be living in a society where we'll be policing each other for our very opinions, whether they be good or bad...certain types of thoughts and opinions will no longer have the freedom to cross our lips. Then the ugly mutation of that will be when we say things we ultimately mean to be good, but others interpret as bad, and then things will get really crazy.

My feeling is, so what? He has his opinion, he was stupid about it....life goes on. Live and let live, and move along. I saw we look in the mirror first before we throw stones at another. Humans are very good at gossip!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
Obama disgusts me
But I'd never wish that on his precious daughters or his wife.
smh

Any person who has created fatherless kids and widows via assassinations, torture, murder and a-moral violence.. would be deserving the same returned upon them imo. Eye for an eye, widow for a widow.

People who call themselves politicians shouldn't be immune from well earned Karma.

Sticks & stones break bones, words don't.. I fully support the DC mafioso wishing ugly horrific karma misery upon each-other.. the more ill will & disrespect congressional crips & bloods fling, the better!! the stress alone should hopefully cause alcoholism, disease, mens room tap dancing and or early retirement.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'd love to see how the unlearned in Biblical theology at ThinkProgress would interpret this one from
Matthew 24:22

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I bet they don't know what "The Elect" means. lol

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
remember when the Israelis spoofed the US and they killed Gahdaffi's children....then years later they murdered Gahdaffi while he was under truce?..then insatalled alCIAduh who are bringing about Sharia law in Libya?

yep, get ready with those GOP sponsered Burkas America

I think TEoH is refering to "Trick" as in elect TRICK...like the mainstreen coverage of Ron Paul....in the gop leadership race
edit on 19-1-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 19-1-2012 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join