It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas GOP House Speaker 'Prays' That Obama's 'Children Be Fatherless And His Wife A Widow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Kansas GOP House Speaker 'Prays' That Obama's 'Children Be Fatherless And His Wife A Widow

thinkprogress.org

ThinkProgress reported last week that Kansas House Speaker Mike O’Neal (R) was forced to apologize to First Lady Michelle Obama after forwarding an email to fellow lawmakers that called her “Mrs. YoMama” and compared her to the Grinch.
Earlier that same week, the Lawrence Journal-World was sent another email that O’Neal had forwarded to House Republicans that referred to President Obama and a Bible verse that says “Let his days be few” and calls for his children to be without a father and his wife to be widowed.
Nick Sementelli at Faith in Public Life notes that Psalm 109, which
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Where's the secret service?
Where's the calls for labeling this disgusting excuse for a human being a terrorist?

No because he's a conservative republican nothing will be ever done.

And wishing for kids to become fatherless. That's just low.
I thought republicans loved children?
I guess not if they are already born. They only love the fetuses.
bleargh

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Obama disgusts me
But I'd never wish that on his precious daughters or his wife.
smh

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

This is deplorable, I don't care which side of the aisle you're on. And while I am not so much of an Obama supporter, I think the man has done his best in good conscience. I think once you are elected as president of this nation you find out how little you really have to do with the decision making process. High ideals don't translate to "change" in reality. It's a thankless job and no matter who gets in there it will be the same story. I don't know why they campaign so hard.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thats some funny schtuff
I wonder what Anwar al-Awlaki would have to say about that

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
LOL! What ever happened to the freedom of speech? It may be ugly and disrespectful, but it's still his freedom to do so, albeit in poor taste. When we start prosecuting others for their opinions of us, who really suffers?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Dammit Kansas, why do flagrant elected idiots have to tarnish your name so

edit on 13-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

How thoughtless can one person be!? I understand it is his "Right to Free Speech", but that was a careless and ignorant statement none the less.
edit on 1/13/2012 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
By following the links (money trail ) in the article, we find this thinkprogress.org...
And look who owns this site!
Ah yes, this is brought to us by Center for American Progress Action Fund, who has joined hands with MoveOn.org
www.moveon.org...
www.moveon.org/augustrecess/town_hall_materials.html
We all know the shady practices of this lobby. But wait, there's more!
Anna Burger, former SEIU Secretary-Treasurer, who is now the board of directors at the Center for American Progress Action Fund (CAP Action).
www.moveon.org...

Hmmmmmm.
Like my dad used to say," figures don't lie, but lyres figure."
edit on 13-1-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Way to go! Keep making the GOP look bad with religious/freedom of speech! It's not wonder people might want four more years!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

It doesn't take guts or fortitude, brains or any quality admirable to simply wish someone dead. It is a child's response. It is also a cowards response to something they personally can't handle. The man is a coward who says stupid things.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by grey580

It doesn't take guts or fortitude, brains or any quality admirable to simply wish someone dead. It is a child's response. It is also a cowards response to something they personally can't handle. The man is a coward who says stupid things.

I quoted you, so the sociopaths could read it again. Well said.

Where have our morals gone?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Isnt the GOP pro life? This seems a bit hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

The GOP couldn't care less about anyone's life. They just pretend to be pro-life for the evangelical vote.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
reply to post by TsukiLunar

The GOP couldn't care less about anyone's life. They just pretend to be pro-life for the evangelical vote.

...And aren't evangelicals the biggest supporters of the death penalty. Along with the GOP?

I am so confused... so they are pro life AND pro death?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Kansas
GOP
Deplorable acts

whats new?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This is awful. Who would say that, or wish that?

I wouldn't wish that even to my worst enemies. Deplorable.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I agree 100%. Yes, it is free speech to denounce him but with some people, that free speech is leading to calls for more than impeachment. Some people want to turn fiendish thoughts into action. Obama isn't ruining our country all by himself, the President doesn't have any real power anymore. The world is going through a transformation which was set in place by TPTB a long time ago, and Obama just happens to be the one at the helm.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Republicans and their silly bible verses and asinine religious beliefs. Only religion can make a somewhat ordinary idiot say EXTRAORDINARILY idiotic things.

Just one reason that I hope a religious extremist republican NEVER gets the office of President. People in a position of power who have strong religious beliefs are DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!
edit on 14-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't care much for Obama at all but I would never wish that on his wife or his kids.
Comments like that are terrible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join