It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On 20/20 now: Women who obtain sperm over the internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Was watching this on 20/20 about how women are obtaining sperm from men on the internet. This lesbian couple is using this one guy who has posted his medical records online and works out etc... to supply the best (ahem) product.

Source

So anyway, I had to laugh. The FDA has actually issued this guy a cease manufacturing order! Lol! Okay...

Artificial insemination costs women/families thousands of dollars. They've cut out the middle man and the FDA is worried about this? So a woman can go out and have sex with any man they want to get pregnant, but they can't get their sprem from a donor they choose that isn't direct deposit? Man, the government just tries more and more to control what the populace does. Does anyone else really care where some woman that wants to have a baby gets her donation?
edit on 13-1-2012 by SumerianSoldier because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
IMHO, as long as they can live and care for the child, who cares? I'm not talking rich either. Good people who are lower income or have made stupid mistakes in their past can't afford the procedures, or adopt. It's more responsible than sleeping around and getting pregnant with a "mabey baby"

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Im hoping the FDA is really just trying to stop more poor parenting choices.

"hi, I have two mommies. And they bought me over the internet" - great opening line for their child at pre-school!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Sounds better than "I don't know who my father is because my mom is a....."

Not being snarky. Just saying. Love your pic btw

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Gives added meaning to the "Internet went down again phrase" ? or not

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That-could-get-messy
Better-have-some-tissues-handy
On-the-other-hand-it-might-clean-up-the-gene-pool
edit on 13-1-2012 by 12voltz because: of-the-missing-space-key

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SumerianSoldier

If they have an issue with the FDA there is always the more .. erm .. traditional route. So far as I know sex is still something we can enjoy with out a government agent holding our hands while detailing the safest positions.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Not saying that you're wrong about bad parenting choices, but I think it's a little out of the FDA's jurisdiction and definitely impinging on these people's personal freedoms.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier
reply to post by Six6Six

Not saying that you're wrong about bad parenting choices, but I think it's a little out of the FDA's jurisdiction and definitely impinging on these people's personal freedoms.

Ahhh but you forgot one important factor in this equation.

This is Obama's America and that means personal freedoms are a mere myth.

Seriously though, when you are dealing with a potential human life to be (this child) a more responsible attitude is needed. I am more concerned with the rights, life and potential effect on this poor child's life than the rights of these two wannabe mommies. Creating a child is a privilege and a gift but now same sex marriage and adoption is allowed the gift of child rearing and the PRIVILEGE has been banded around like a Burger King coupon.

And Yet Americans have "in god we trust" on your money. But the god you speak of never intended his creation to be circumvented. He believed in the creation of man to be through the union of man and woman. You can not have it both ways. Man can not change what god wanted, just to fit in with ideologies.

It is one of the reasons I do not worship a god. For man will always preach from one side of his face and change the rules from the other.

You either believe in gods will or you don't.

Rights are a myth. Life is made up of levels and everyone needs to know their place. If they don't like their place do something about it. Buying sperm on the internet is cheating. It taking the miracle of creating life and just saying "fu** it, i do not care as long as i get what I want".

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Wasn't there a song about a woman going out and hooking up with some guy just so he could get her pregnant? That isn't illegal so why would just asking for the sperm and paying a donation fee be any different?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I will volunteer my services for any "lipstick lesbians" that are in the market.

Of course, it has to be done the old fashioned way....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Under SOPA he'll probably have to copyright his ahem
'produce' ???

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier
reply to post by Six6Six

And Yet Americans have "in god we trust" on your money. But the god you speak of never intended his creation to be circumvented. He believed in the creation of man to be through the union of man and woman. You can not have it both ways. Man can not change what god wanted, just to fit in with ideologies.

The reason why Americans have ''in god we trust'' on the money because the money is the God for them.

top topics

join