It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

friday the 13th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
With out doing any research myself,I was curious if the ATS family had any theory's as to why we note this date.I have been informed by an outside source that it is actually religious.Here's what i was told."Friday the 13th signifies the torture,crucifying and burning of the last 13 Templars by the catholic church on a Friday"...no date given.

What do think?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yes, Friday the 13th is noted due to the Templar history. It is the day when the Templars were executed in France by the king, because he owed them money, in which he didn't want to/have the money to pay them back, so he got them charged with blasphomous deeds (worshiping other gods, spitting on the cross of Jesus for their initiation ritual) and had them killed. It must be noted, that originally, the Pope, stopped the charges that were placed on the Templars, by saying that the initiation rituals were just a test of moral character and nothing bad, however, when the Pope was directly confronted by France and the king, he later reversed his opinion, thus leading to the execution of the Knights Templar.

Then, for the conspiracy theorists, some say that the very last remnants of the templars went to Switzerland where they had all the banks, others say that they fled to Scotland and joined with the Freemasons. Of course these are theories, however, the Freemason-Templar connection was pretty much proven in a documentary i saw.
edit on 13-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

thank you,i bet a lot of people do not know this and just consider it a "bad luck" day.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan

thank you,i bet a lot of people do not know this and just consider it a "bad luck" day.

The same could be said about Christmas these days.

"oh Christmas is about santa and presents"

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan

No worries mate

Yeah, it's amzing how heaps of people don't kow the history behind Friday the 13th, as it is very interesting, and in my opinion, needs to be known, as it is marked as the end of one of the most prestigious military organisations in history.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

Your right,it is mainly based on"what are we gonna get for xmas this year dad"greed.Not religious,although i do respect all people's beliefs.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Friday 13th was quite lucky for me this year - I found a half price ice hockey mask, AND the queue for rowing boats at the lake vanished as I arrived!
edit on 14-1-2012 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

It never has been a bad day
Only a superstitious one.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

And as i don't do superstition any more it will always be a normal day to me!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I read an article on MSN yesterday on this with different reasons. One was because Judas, the deciple that betrayed Christ was the 13th and last one to show up to the last supper and it was on a Friday.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Then, for the conspiracy theorists, some say that the very last remnants of the templars went to Switzerland where they had all the banks, others say that they fled to Scotland and joined with the Freemasons. Of course these are theories, however, the Freemason-Templar connection was pretty much proven in a documentary i saw.

In Portugal they changed their name to Military Order of Christ and kept on living in Tomar's Convent of the Order of Christ.

new topics

top topics

join