It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is something that you will NEVER do again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This will be a short and sweet thread.

What is something that you have done in your life that afterwards, you said" I'll never do THAT again!!"

As for myself:
it was 2 years ago in a college town in west Texas. There are several rivers that run through the town and at on of them there is a local college kid river hangout. There is a 2 story tall waterfall that kids jump off of but to the side there is a adjacent cliff another 15 ft higher than the waterfall itself. If you get a running start you can jump off the cliff and clear the boulders below for one hellava rush into the water. But by the end of the day I was getting tired, and alittle drunk, and I didnt quite jump out as far as I should have. As I hit the water at 3 story speed my entire back scaped down one of the huge rocks leaving my back covered in blood. It didnt hurt but I knew I hit that rock. If I was just a few inches back I would have probebly been seriously injured.

So I will NEVER jump off that cliff in San Marcos, Texas again.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My reply will be short and sweet. One thing that I'll never do again....get married!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
My ex

second

Ba dun ton (symbol crash)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

When I was 14 my friends and i got drunk and climbed over the barrier to a 180 foot water tower. We climbed the outside metal ladder to the top. No protective gear. I will never attempt that again, or anything like it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I will never again base my opinion of something on the perceived value that society gives it

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I will never watch that video of a cliff diver that smashed his face on the rocks and split it down the middle, (all the way) again.

Seriously it's a harsh vid, and then you see docters trying to place it back together agian but it's just limp and loose, think the opening of a book.
Ooh his teeth were all loose too.

Please be extemely careful if and when you cliff dive.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

When I was 14 my friends and i got drunk and climbed over the barrier to a 180 foot water tower. We climbed the outside metal ladder to the top. No protective gear. I will never attempt that again, or anything like it.

Sounds like something I've always wanted to do. Ive wanted to climb aone of those super tall radio antennas but I know by the time I got half way up I would have to go back down due to my feet slipping from the pee running down my leg.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Have another kid and I wish I could unwatch that Mexican be.ing chainsaw vid

edit on 13-1-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
After a one time go around...I'll never chop jalapeños and pick my nose right afterward!

I was really young...but that little experience will be with me for life!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Good thread idea Tex

The first thing that came to my mind was, I will never stand on top of a mountain to watch lightening storm roll in!

I was at Smith Rock trekking along the top rim, when I saw and felt a storm moving towards the park. How cool the lightening looked, and the intensifying wind and mist felt. The air seemed electric with negative ions and I felt a charging sensation. Little did I know that feeling was literally from electricity in the air! Suddenly every single hair on my body stood straight up. Then a flash of light went off next to me, followed by a crack DOH! I ran to cover and fared okay, but man, that was close and I will never do it again!

spec

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTooLong
I will never again base my opinion of something on the perceived value that society gives it

Hell yeah!!!

Thats pretty good. My boss has a dry erase board that every day people around our office/shop put up words of wisdom or lack of wisdom is usually the case.

I know what Im putting up there come Monday morning

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I changed my mind, nm.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"As I hit the water at 3 story speed my entire back scaped down one of the huge rocks leaving my back covered in blood. It didnt hurt but I knew I hit that rock"

ouch !! i feel your pain from here , and how many years later lol.

Yea if that happened to me that would def be off my list.

Pain in water is so weird , so painful but it holds back most of it till your out of the water lol

for me has to the the scariest things ever , it happened to me once but i will never let it happen again...

wake up while driving.

my god man , to wake up on the highway with two trucks beside you , and you realize you passed out for some amount of time is scary . First thing you say is , I SHOULD NOT BE BEHIND THE WHEEL of the automobile!!!! loool

If you feel drowsy pull over and sleep lol .

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Long story very short with no identifying details - I will never again fall for any sad stories that lead me to make stupid decisions that result in me driving armed friends to unnamed locations to take things that aren't theirs, regardless of justifications presented or insurances made against said things to prevent their proper owners from facing loss in said situation.

And a few other things I don't care to mention as I'm not sure about statutes of limitations and the jurisdictions involved. Thanks for asking.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Good thread idea Tex

The first thing that came to my mind was, I will never stand on top of a mountain to watch lightening storm roll in!

I was at Smith Rock trekking along the top rim, when I saw and felt a storm moving towards the park. How cool the lightening looked, and the intensifying wind and mist felt. The air seemed electric with negative ions and I felt a charging sensation. Little did I know that feeling was literally from electricity in the air! Suddenly every single hair on my body stood straight up. Then a flash of light went off next to me, followed by a crack DOH! I ran to cover and fared okay, but man, that was close and I will never do it again!

spec

Well glad to hear your okay.
Yeah Ive been caught in more than one "moment of awe" and then realize, OH [snip]!!! I gotta get out of here.
Oh and to add, I HAVE been struck by lightning. I was talking to a neighbor while standing at the edge of my garage when CRACK!!!! The next thing I knew I was on my butt and my neighbors jaw was dropped. I got up and asked him dang!! where did that hit? And he said " Dude!! It hit YOU!!"

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

I will never watch that video of a cliff diver that smashed his face on the rocks and split it down the middle, (all the way) again.

Seriously it's a harsh vid, and then you see docters trying to place it back together agian but it's just limp and loose, think the opening of a book.
Ooh his teeth were all loose too.

Please be extemely careful if and when you cliff dive.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

DUDE..you just brought back vivid, visual images of that video.

I remember watching it for the first time..Real intense & pretty gory..Apparently he died later..

As for the OP, I will never try chatting up ladies who're outta my league at a bar, when I'm drunk off my face..again.

The looks of contempt & the rejections just simply aren't as fun as they used to be anymore..

edit on 13-1-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I will never again tell anyone, anyone, that their husband is cheating on them. No matter how good of a friend they are. If they want to know, they'll know, the signs are everywhere. They don't need to hear it from me. It was dumb of me to interfere.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Man I can only imagine!!!

Were you a fan at all, or first timer to Gwar?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join