It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Principal Charged After Hypnotizing Students Who Committed Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Came across and wanted to share this news.

NORTH PORT, Fla. (CBS TAMPA) – North Port police have charged the town’s high school principal with two counts of second-degree criminal misdemeanors after students he hypnotized ended up committing suicide.
Over six months, the North Port Police Department conducted around 70 interviews with students claiming to have been hypnotized by Dr. George Kenney and 100 adults either from among the school’s staff or parent community after receiving a complaint from the Florida Department of Health Services. In documents provided to CBS Tampa detailing the Sarasota School Department’s internal investigation, Kenney routinely hypnotized students in one-on-one sessions and in group settings. They often involved the school athletics teams or ROTC programs. Kenney told investigators it allowed students to relax, improved their performance in tests and helped some with anger issues

Documents show, however, that Kenney occasionally raised tempers and eyebrows within the school’s community.

Please see link for rest of story:
tampa.cbslocal.com...

I'm very much into learning about the mind and hypnosis so this caught my attention.
Think it's a coincidence?

Or was he truly trying to help those students? Bless his heart if so.

I noted that he flared some tempers and raised a few eyebrows at that school....don't think I would have signed a permission slip for my child. Would you?

Honestly don't know what to think but that is kind of suspicious.
What do you guys think?

My heart OF COURSE goes out to the students and families! Bless their dear souls. I can't imagine anything worse than losing a child to suicide .
May God bless and help all of you whos lives have been touched by it.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Did the sessions contribute to the suicides? Hard to say. But I'm definitely with you on not signing a permission slip for anyone to hypnotize my child.

The teacher comes across as sincere in the short article, but that doesn't mean he might not be a total buffoon when it comes to hypnosis and the suggestive state. Especially when dealing with teens.

That's my old neck of the woods so thanks for sharing the story, SeekerLou.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

This is my guess. This principal used hypnosis to have his way with some of the students sexually. When the memory of what happened surfaced in some students they killed themselves. This is speculation on my part but it is a good hypothesis.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuxFestinus

This is my guess. This principal used hypnosis to have his way with some of the students sexually. When the memory of what happened surfaced in some students they killed themselves. This is speculation on my part but it is a good hypothesis.

interesting, but is that possible ?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There is some discussion on this from when the story first broke before the principal was actually charged

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting to hear now that he has been charged. Thanks for the update

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

From the article:

They were not enough, however, when Kenney eventually admitted to hypnotizing two students who committed suicide shortly after one-on-one sessions that were explicitly against Cantes’ orders.

He was prohibited from having the one-on-one sessions but did so anyway. Think about why he would do that. Yes it is possible he sexually molested them under hypnosis. You can be programmed to do things against your will. If you have done any amount of research on MK-Ultra and Project Monarch you will know this is possible. The so called experts will tell you it is not but they lie.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LuxFestinus

Hypnosis is a very powerful tool that conventional medicine does not like. It definitely works, but it is shied away from as if it is part of psi talents which for the most part are completely denied by main-stream science. Milton Erikson did some amazing work with hypnosis, but since it is not a skill that any doctor, for example can achieve simply by x number of credit hours at a medical school, it has fallen by the wayside. I suspect part of that falling away has been purposely done.

Most UFO abduction cases involve the ETs using telepathic hypnosis to control the subjects. And absolutely no one wants to hear that is possible. So you see, it is part of the psi talents, Humans have some capabilities in those areas, but those that express it get beat down or burnt at the stake.

And yes, I would suspect also that guy may have used this power in ways contrary to social standards. Even if he didn't, he will be figuratively burnt at the stake because he still will have violated social standards of the norm.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Aliensun because: added couple of words

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

This is my guess. This principal used hypnosis to have his way with some of the students sexually.

Most UFO abduction cases involve the ETs using telepathic hypnosis to control the subjects. Most UFO abduction cases involve the ETs using telepathic hypnosis to control the subjects.

Sometimes i wish this site was more about serious discussions instead of CONSTANT wild and unfounded speculations.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Possible yes but extremely hard, and complex and if the students did had a memory recall of events (something the hypnotist would be aware as a possibility) they could have left some written note to the fact. Making it highly implausible, he could however easily exacerbated suicidal tendencies or lingering depressions, in fact no hypnosis would be necessary only a talk with someone of perceived authority would work ...

edit on 13-1-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Sometimes i wish this site was more about serious discussions instead of CONSTANT wild and unfounded speculations.

So you wish it wasn't a conspiracy site?

I too think the only motive for the principal to do this was to cover something up. If he doesn't make a statement saying what his motives are, I think it's fair that we speculate. I don't buy that it was to improve the performance of the students. He was instructed not to continue it, but did so anyway. Sounds like desperation to me.
edit on 14/1/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Sometimes I wish this site was more about serious discussions instead of CONSTANT wild and unfounded speculations.

I sometimes wish that I didn't have stomach another hypocritical poster with a bad attitude. From the link in your sig:

"For Immediate Release: This is not another “sky is falling” warning like y2k...
It's not some rallying cry for the lunatic fringe. And it's certainly not
 something dreamt up for a Hollywood movie... 

2012 is real and everyone is lying to you about it."

...The Mysterious Planet X will shift into earth's rotational path and collide with our planet! All life that isn't immediately destroyed will be flung from the surface and into space!

An explosion of gravity will drag the planet earth to the center of the galaxy where it will be swallowed up by all the other planets and possibly even a massive black hole!
www.2012officialcountdown.com...

Sheesh!
I found the author bio HILARIOUS as well!

I doubt the principle was MK-ULTRA too, flexter, but your house...it's made of glass.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

This is my guess. This principal used hypnosis to have his way with some of the students sexually.

Most UFO abduction cases involve the ETs using telepathic hypnosis to control the subjects. Most UFO abduction cases involve the ETs using telepathic hypnosis to control the subjects.

100% agree.

That type of constant nonsense gets sickening.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
From my very limited knowledge of hypnotherapy ( I did a diploma course, purely for interest), the one thing I'm sure of is that if the hypnotism was linked to the suicides, then he certainly wasn't trying to help them to relax and achieve better exam results. He's either innocent of any blame, or he was intentionally up to no good - there's no middle ground.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Wild and unfounded speculation? I think not. Four words to google: "Trauma Based Mind Control". I suspect you won't look into it though because you seem to have already made up your mind. This site is about denying ignorance which the only ignorance you seem to deny is your own.

I can say from first hand experience that this is very real and most likely what has happened.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Lost my long replying post... arghh lol So sorry...now making this shorter.

Thank you iforget for the link to your thread! I had missed the initial story and now have a little more feel for the case, so much appreciated!

To all: Thank you for your input. Appreciate your sharing your thoughts... an interesting read.

Short my2Cts: Not saying the man is guilty or anything: He could very well be innocent and bless him if so!

BUT I tend to disagree with those that say the hypnotists can not make manchurians out of folk, by bypassing their morals and conscious.

Side note: If the man iS innocent, it would be horrible to be in his shoes to have such accusations. What an unecessary stress upon him, who was only trying to help. Honestly, that sounds like MY luck.

But who is to say what was his true agenda?

Anxious to see how this turns out- as I imagine you are too.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
But, Doctors DO learn hypnosis, especially General Practitioners in the UK.

Mine uses it to help eople stop smoking with good effect, lose weight with not so good effect but it still works, etc, so to assert that its ignored by science, and not learned by proper doctors, is totally incorrect.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

If this is truly the case and it was one of my kids, I would like that prick on fire and put him out with a sledge hammer.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Not such a good hypothesis I think.

It has been proven time and time again that Hypnosis cannot cause a person to be controlled or to do anything against their will. Under hypnosis suggestions are made but the subject will never carry out suggestions they are morally opposed to normally.

This man had nothing to do with those students death at least as far as hypnotizing them is concerned.
edit on 15-1-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I believe that you could put someone far enough under to easily take advantage of them while under hypnosis, this could be very similiar to drugging or anestisizing a victim.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
An update from The Associated Press.

The Associated Press NORTH PORT, Fla. — Criminal misdemeanor charges have been filed against a former southwest Florida high school principal accused of using hypnosis on students. The Sarasota Herald-Tribune (http://(link tracking not allowed)/xdQcKO ) reports George Kenney informed school district officials this week that he'll resign his job, effective June 30. Kenney was reassigned during a months-long investigation into his use of hypnosis. Prosecutors decided not to file felony charges of unlicensed practice of health care. The misdemeanor charges of unlicensed practice of hypnosis carry a maximum of up to a year in jail. Officials say Kenney hypnotized two North Port High students before their separate suicides last year. Kenney had been warned by his boss to stop using such one-on-one hypnosis with students. A state attorney's investigation included interviews with hundreds of people.

www.wftv.com...

Another :
www.nydailynews.com...

Police investigators found no link between hypnosis and the boy’s death.

The most he still could get is up to one year on the misdemeanor charges for unlawful hypnosis practice.
edit on 15-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join