It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German priest admits 280 counts of child abuse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
German priest admits 280 counts of child abuse

BERLIN (AP) — A Roman Catholic priest in Germany has admitted to 280 counts of sexually abusing three boys over a several-year period.

The 46-year-old priest, who has been suspended, went on trial Thursday at the state court in Braunschweig. The dapd news agency reported that he showed no remorse.

The man who was not identified was arrested last July after one victim told his mother what had happened. He was charged with abusing three boys aged between 9 and 15.

Hildesheim diocese spokesman Michael Lukas says the defendant's actions were "a catastrophe for the victims and for the Catholic church." The trial continues through Feb. 2.

The priest also faces church disciplinary proceedings.

Germany, Pope Benedict XVI's homeland, was shaken in 2010 by revelations of abuse by clergy going back decades.

Wow, 280 counts of abuse.

The number is staggering but hardly surprising. It makes you wonder how many bigger cases of sexual abuse have gone on without the public ever being made aware. If 280 counts is possible it’s realistic to think some priests may be responsible for maybe 500, 1000 or even more counts of abuse.

With the amount of covering up that the church and Vatican does I am surprised a case this big actually made the news. No doubt they would have offered many millions to keep this one under wraps, but I guess some victims can’t be brought.
Congratulations to the victims for standing up and exposing this sick freak.

When you understand how these paedophiles work it’s obvious that the position of a spiritual leader (i.e. a priest) is a dangerously easy way to corrupt young minds.
The normal paedophile works by almost brainwashing a child’s mind so that they can be easily manipulated and less likely to expose their sick acts.
When a child is told by family members or friends that someone like a priest is a very smart and respectable man and that they have a better connection with god, we are laying down the groundwork for the paedophiles grooming and making it easier for them to do the stuff they do.

I’m not saying that all priests are paedophiles. But tell me, if you were a pedo; what job would you want? I mean not only do you get easy access to many needy and vulnerable children but you get and organisation with millions of dollars who will safeguard you from getting in any trouble.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i wonder if he gets 560 years like that other dude..(a thread has recently been posted)..

well actually i dont wonder..i know he wont

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I read this earlier today..It's pretty sickening.

How people like this are allowed to even come close to children is beyond me.

& this is only one case that has been brought to light..imagine how many other countless victims there have been over the years..

It's hard to comprehend.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

It’s unlikely he will get very long in jail. 20 years at best.
Even then the church will probably make sure he gets very good treatment.

I love how it says:

They will probably bend him over a chair and get all the other priests to spank him.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The title should really read "German homosexual charged with 280 counts of child abuse".

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

If I wasn’t so use to hearing about abuse in the church I probably would have vomited when I read it.

I don’t get it either. People really don’t care what happens as long as they get their emotional fix from going to church.

I think it’s pretty rational to think that there are hundreds of thousands of cases that never came to light and many thousands of paedophiles actively working in the church.

As I said in my OP the position of spiritual leader is just too powerful when it comes to corrupting vulnerable minds.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
The title should really read "German homosexual charged with 280 counts of child abuse".

I'm sure if he did something good you wouldn’t mind him being referred to as a priest would you?

I wonder what kind of person can read something like this story and only have something like that to say.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Seeing how his "job" enabled him to come into repeated contact with large numbers of vulnerable children, I think we can safely say the title is correct and part of the story.
edit on 13/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: changed to a quote for readability

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Seeing how his "job" enabled him to come into repeated contact with large numbers of vulnerable children, I think we can safely say the title is correct and part of the story.

Thanks for that LightSpeedDriver (I hope you have good steering, brakes and suspension
),

You are exactly right.
I thought I made it fairly obvious why he should be referred to as a priest in my OP even tho I didn’t actually say that.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTooLong

I drive just fine

I notice a lot of reactions against anything to do with the church, priests etc. Some people see it as unholy and needless religion bashing but I saw nothing in your post to indicate that. Just facts. It does seem to be coming more to light lately though, almost as if people are finally daring to speak out about such atrocities.

If we could group them all together and try them, I am sure crimes against humanity would not be far from the truth, if not the truth itself.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Uhh, like condemned to hell maybe!
Surely the church cannot have exclusive punishment for this guy over the state. he will go to jail right?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I notice a lot of reactions against anything to do with the church, priests etc. Some people see it as unholy and needless religion bashing but I saw nothing in your post to indicate that. Just facts. It does seem to be coming more to light lately though, almost as if people are finally daring to speak out about such atrocities. If we could group them all together and try them, I am sure crimes against humanity would not be far from the truth, if not the truth itself.

That’s good to hear, I can’t imagine how much you pay for gas going at those speeds

Well I don’t think its religion bashing to hold them to a high standard of care when they have such an influence over young children and the emotionally vulnerable.
If they took responsibility and tried to fix the problems I wouldn’t be so bothered, but it’s obvious the church and Vatican do not care one bit.
Not only that they are always paying off the victims so that dangerous paedophiles are not exposed. In my mind it’s just as bad to cover it up then to actually be the one committing sexual abuse.
I don’t think anything about those views is biased, discriminatory or anything of the sort. Many people would disagree, but the bottom line is we are letting one of the most powerful and influential groups in the world get away with the most disgusting of crimes.

It would seem to be coming to light more now a day. Which makes sense, because when one person speaks out it often encourages one or more to also speak out.. So the growth would be exponential.

I think for many victims the problems lies in the way it was so easy for priests to do it in the first place. This is a social influence to accept the church and all its aspects, not to question and to be a good Christian. It’s one thing to speak out about a priest but I bet many feel they would damage their religion and its followers.

Let’s hope one day we find a solution to the sick world we live in.

Have a good day!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Uhh, like condemned to hell maybe! Surely the church cannot have exclusive punishment for this guy over the state. he will go to jail right?

Knowing how sick the bible is they probably say it’s ok somewhere in there

The punishment the church gives would be strictly limited to his operations and standing in the organisation and it couldn’t affect anything out of the church.
So it could not override the state’s decision.
Although money is a different thing. I’m sure if they gave a million dollars and a 'suggestion' he not be prosecuted, he might not go to jail.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
it furthermore begs the question...what parents in their right mind would let their children become acolytes?....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Doesn't surprise me a bit, the R.C.C. employs the largest number of homosexual pedophiles in the world. Theyre not just homosexuals but pedophiles too and the kids they hurt will suffer their entire lives.

The Pope knows all this yet he refuses to turn these criminals over to the local authorities, there must be a whole lot of blackmailing going on for them to be able to keep him silent about their crimes...maybe because he's done it too.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

I'm not surprised at all. What all of you never seem to ask or care about is......WHY these rape these boys. (queers).

Look into Satanic rites and rituals and you will find out. Catholics have no idea what religion they are part of.....

I've been doing research on their rituals and what i have learned gives me the willies. Idol worship, paganism disguised as christianity, goddess worship (Queen of Heaven Astarte/Hera), sun-god worship (Apollo), tran-substantiation of the bread and wine into Christ's actual flesh (cannibalism, consumption of blood). In their rituals they literally break every command given by Christ and the Apostles. They are alcoholics and were not supposed to engage in drunkeness because it leads to debauchery.

Then you delve in the history of the R.C.C. and you see consorting with civil powers, them gain worldly power and worldly wealth, all that gold and jewels they collected from the Mayans and Aztecs, the Spanish Inquisition where hundreds of thousands of protestant christians were accused of heresy and brutally tortured on demonic devices like "the rack" and "the wooden horse", and burnt at the stake at the hands of the Jesuits with the Pope's consent and none of this was given permission by Christ. They are not christians but pagan worshippers and the saddest thing of all is most catholics probably do love Jesus and they cannot see the evils they do that negates that love for him. Its like telling Jesus you love him and then spitting in his face and telling him to F*** off.
edit on 14-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It should have said....

Yet AGAIN another preacher USES his position in the CLERGY to abuse children.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus
it furthermore begs the question...what parents in their right mind would let their children become acolytes?....

Because just like pediophila involves brainwashing, so does religion.

Whats the chance some of these (or the thousands of other abused children), have brought it to their parents, only to hear the parent accuse them of lies.

If the parents are brainwashed, they are not going to believe the children. That leaves the kid with what options.....a teacher perhaps.

Not if they attend a catholic school.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Glad you agree. The Catholic religion is full of child rape cases, almost always involving young boys for "some" reason. My original post was removed by donttreadonme, a mod with a hypocritical name apparently

Why do catholic priests always seem to take the homosexual route with these young children who always seem to be boys?? I do know that Satanic rituals involve homosexuality with children....SO I wonder if there is a connection. Which I am sure there is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join