It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pointless Future Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Unfortunately my first thread is one I imagine will make me look a little silly. For the past 12 months once a week I will have a dream of a subject that will come true. I never know when it will. And the event is usually of no importance. Generally it will be the following day. I dream a lot. More than most people I know. Therefore I think about my dreams the next day. I will make an example of one event. However I would ask the comments are made not on the example but more on the subject.

I dreamt one night that I lost my phone. I remember all my thoughts during the dream about the consequences of losing my phone and was obviously bummed out. When I woke I thought about the dream and recall thinking would be a pain if that happen. Late that afternoon I left my phone at the pool where it was stolen. I was in so much disbelief as the coincidence of dreaming about it and it happening I thought was to far fetched. I searched everything realistic or unrealistic spots it could be. But to no avail.

That was one of the first times it happened, but from there on it continued. At first I tried to work out when it was going to happen and see if it could be of use to something. But always pointless stuff. Sometimes 3 or 4 things could happen. However always clearly been dreamt and thought about before it happens. (not deja vu like scenarios).

No I don't think I am a prophet or anything like this. But am curious if this happens to anyone else? If you know someone who this happens to? Furthermore some sort of explanation.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

Yes it has happened to me. Some of the dreams are pointless, as you say, and some were so uncannily accurate that it was freaky. For example, many years ago on the night before a job interview, I dreamed that I got the job, and the new boss said, "You'll be working with a girl named Marsha. She's not here today, but she's around your age. In fact, her birthday is next week." And he pointed to a calendar of March, and pointed to the 24th.

That is exactly what happened the next day, and when he did and said those exact things, I sat there with my eyes bugged out. It was beyond freaky. And that co-worker named Marsha? She turned out to be a real pain in the butt.

I have gone through times where I am absolutely clairvoyant in my dreams, and other times, none of my dreams happen and it's all just a jumble of nonsense. I started having these dreams when I was 10.

My youngest daughter also does this from time to time and it freaks her out. It happens to her when she is under stress, usually.

It is my belief that our brains are like radio receivers, and sometimes we are on the exact right frequency to pick these things up. It makes sense if you look at time as happening all simultaneously (past, present and future) and not in a linear fashion.

WHY it happens is not something that I know. But you're not alone in doing it. I think we're all capable of seeing the future in our dreams when we are in deep REM sleep, but we have to be in a vibratory state that is just right....kind of like a radio which has to have the dial tuned to exactly the right frequency to catch a faraway radio station, or else the signal doesn't come in.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yes, I've had the same experience. I told my daughter about one such experience and asked what would be the purpose/meaning of it?"

Her response "why would you assume there is a purpose/meaning?"

I love my daughter. Her comment put it in perspective for me. It still leaves me with the question of how do I "know" future events. Are they predestined or is it an elaborate coincidence.

As you said I don't think this makes me a prophet but it an interesting experience that raises questions and convinces me that I still don't understand the reality I inhabit.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thank you for your replies. @FissionSurplus I think you are correct in all that you said and in your theories. As you say, we probably are all capable of it however most people do not let themselves be aware or pay attention to anything past their basic day to day living. It would be great if there would be some way to harness such ability, however I have heard a hypnotist say that it is uncommon, but people at peace with their lives can often be hypnotized to such a state. Still with little control however a window nevertheless. Encourage your daughter to take note. But obviously not to the degree of taking every dream literal. That could be alarming for her

@villagesmithie - Your daughter is correct haha. Kids amaze me with their knowledge simply by not over-complicating situations. I often think what result people could get if they focused on a task while not paying attention to what they have learnt from someone else. Eg: Trying to create time travel with out reading anything from Einstein or Hawkings.

Thanks again
edit on 13-1-2012 by groundy056 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by groundy056
I dream a lot. More than most people I know.

No you don't. You just remember your dreams more than most people.

I'm fairly certain dreams are responsible for Deja Vu. Or Deja Reve as some people call it. Do a google search for "Deja Reve" and you'll find lots of accounts of the same thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

Not silly at all,that has been happening to me as long as I can remember.I have always remembered my dream upon awakening too.They are very vivid,full of color and very realistic.I love it when I can awake from a dream,and then go back to sleep and continue.Anyway,enough about me.I just want to say that there are no limitations in dreamland.

Dream on

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

Dreams are indeed good fun. I don't practice lucid dreaming. However I found myself doing it the other day. I was real tired after work so I laid down. While I was sleeping I was talking with family in the dream about investment options. I would say to them "to go into this in more depth I would have to wake up but I really need the sleep. Hold on and I will go check if I have had enough sleep." I would walk into the room I am sleeping in and half wake up. Realizing I am still really tired, I go back to deep sleep. My dream self walks out to my family and says. "no still to tired, however I think i am conscious enough to talk about this in more depth" I talk about the subject for some time.

Fun fun. Was interesting to say the least.

top topics

join