It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: The Lake Havasu Lights Return (Lake Havasu, AZ, 1/7/12)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Pulsating red lights appear at 1:17 and then move behind the foothills, according to the couple in the car. What are your thoughts?

I searched "Lake Havasu" and found numerous threads of previous sightings of balloons, orbs, etc. including similar instances with low flying red orbs.

Are there any airports, military bases, weather stations in the area?

YouTube
edit on 13-1-2012 by yamother44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yamother44

Hmmm...not really much to go on...but it was interesting for a few seconds!

I wish they would have kept filming...or stopped sooner and grabbed a shot while the car wasn't in motion...would have made it easier to analyze for sure!

ETA: Seems there are a number of airports in the area!

Airports
edit on 13-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

You're right and Twenty Nine Palms USMC Base is about 60 miles away. Do you know of any type of commercial aircraft or balloons with only red lights?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamother44

You're right and Twenty Nine Palms USMC Base is about 60 miles away. Do you know of any type of commercial aircraft or balloons with only red lights?

I really don't...that is not to say that I am well versed in aviation lights though either...I mean really who knows what the military may use?

That close to the ground...I would expect to see forward landing lights (if it is as close to the ground as it looks)!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Like I said before, it turns out the area is not new to UFO sightings. One interesting report from 2009 about very similar lights:

They report that the jet aircraft used "extremely bright, strobing lights" as they flew north of their location at high speed moving east to west. The jets then turned around and moved back, flying east to west. But during this return trip, the couple noticed "a bright red light ahead of the conventional aircraft."

"At one point the red light made an abrupt and complete stop and then changed directions flying back in the direction it came from," the reporting witness stated. "The other aircraft made their turns and began following."

Source

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Keep in mind...this is not far from area 51!

A lot of experimental aircrafts...and top secret developments in aviation going on there.

Lake Havasu would be a short journey in a military jet (and whatever else they may be testing)!

I don't know...it's too tough to tell from that video.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Another video of similar lights:

3/30/12 - Lights Over Highway 40 (3:30)

Comments from video:

These are the same lights I've seen at Lake Havasu. They did that same exact thing where the go out and then come back in a different location. I've seen them disappear and reappear at farther distances. Finally someone got it on tape!!!! Thank you!!

I have seen several lights over Havasu over the past as a kid and an adult. From the California side of the lake we watched several red lights very high in the sky all moving in ridiculous patterns. They almost looked like they were chasing each other. I

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
wow...I live in Lake Havasu City, and I know exactly where this is. My husband has been here since the sixties, and says strange lights have come around many times. That seems to be common knowledge.We do have military bases nearby, who, often send their jets over to "play"....these do not look like those jets...and, they made no noise, as far as I can tell. I will post back if we have a repeat, out here in Havasu!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
100% countermeasure flares from a military aircraft.

Edit: Please disregard, Doryinaz beat me to it.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Nice call. Thanks man.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by yamother44

Another video of similar lights:

3/30/12 - Lights Over Highway 40 (3:30)

I am assuming you mean 3/30/11? This video is neat aside from the loud music. I thought it was funny when she said. "they know us now" These lasted to long and was to straight to be flares in my opinion.

edit on 14-1-2012 by LerroyJenkins because: Typo

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

seriously? Its 290 miles from Area 51
And 262 from Edwards/Palmdale

You really think that they would make a top secret test site in Nevada then test the stuff over Lake Havasu?

Oy
edit on 14-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by jerryznv

seriously? Its 290 miles from Area 51
And 262 from Edwards/Palmdale

You really think that they would make a top secret test site in Nevada then test the stuff over Lake Havasu?

Oy
edit on 14-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Seriously...another attempt at a jab by you?

Let's play a math game...see if you can keep up!

At mach 2 (1,500 mph) at a distance of 290 mile...how long does it take said aircraft to get there?

Give up? How about 11.6 minutes?

Aircrafts from area 51 very well could be in the area...thanks for playing again zorgon...your reputation precedes you well!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I was kinda wondering with all these night time lights in the sky and everything... Does anyone know if experimental (military) aircrafts are required to have the same navigational signals as regular airplanes? Or can they just float around with any kind of light configuration they have on? Always puzzled me that question...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lithops
I was kinda wondering with all these night time lights in the sky and everything... Does anyone know if experimental (military) aircrafts are required to have the same navigational signals as regular airplanes? Or can they just float around with any kind of light configuration they have on? Always puzzled me that question...

The military has no rules as to what they can and can't do...but the use of standard aviation lights is common to avoid accidents.

This article describes the different types of lighting that appear on general and commercial aircraft in the US. The location, color, and use of each light is described in detail, as well as when each light is utilized. Most notable are airplane landing lights and aircraft navigation lights.

www.brighthub.com...

Here is some general information on aircraft lighting!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Can someone help provide some more information on our military's countermeasure flares? How long do these remain ignited during their deployment? I ask this because they was no mention in either videos of seeing an airplane. Granted, it was nighttime and the flares were low to the ground and any aircraft could have been swallowed by the foothills next to the lake.

Also, it seems odd to me that the military would be testing these flares away from a military installation or test site. Especially for the fact that there are numerous commercial airports scattered around the Lake Havasu area. Is this typical of the military?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

edit on 14-1-2012 by yamother44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I live in Havasu...I hear several large triangles have been witnessed by lots of good folks., red lights, as well..so...can you please re-download this youtube clip? thanks!

top topics

join