It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingers extinct in 100 years, say scientists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dodger13

lol i have seen the original to that video that remix was funny though

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
SHHHHH...............Don't tell the Chinese. Anything rare and on the brink of extinction is a delicacy to promise virility in China.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by blueorder

Why?

What does it matter what color of skin your children, or grand children are? Will it make any difference int he love you have for them?

My kids could be purple for all I care. Besides, "white" heritage is really a nasty thing if you look at the history, I suppose that's true for any race.

We should really drop this whole, race purity, race patriotism type stuff. It hurts us more than anything.

~Tenth

Hells to they yeah. Thats why I don't plan marrying with in my own race. I'm looking forward to the days when racisms is no longer a problem.

OT: I'm going to miss red heads!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Sorry but as it's 2012 we will all be extinct by the end of the year if you believe the 2012 nutters on here and elsewhere on the net

edit on 14-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

I have always said we need to put them on a wildlife preserve to protect them in their natural habitat. Now, due to poaching, it may be too late
edit on 13-1-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Lol!!! Did you know we redheads can tolerate more pain then others and many other fascinating feats! I have red hair married a guy with dark brown hair, we had a son with dark brown and a daughter with strawberry blond she got my green eyes though...the rarest color on the planet :-)

If we are so darn unpopular why do so many people dye their hair red? Especially old bar babes over 60!!
I wonder what is the most popular hair dye color.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Char-Lee because: add

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Red headivism in my family ran with my mom and pop being two gingers....all of the five of us were too.....
But or children were more speckled with brunettism....though they mostly started out ginger and changed early to darker hair....
My grandson however is the spitting image of me hair and all(dad called me carrot top...red hair turns white early as well i think......(my experience and that of my siblings....)
So the gene has the ability to submerge itself in a strain of human DNA and re emerge from generation to generation.....
edit on 14-1-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Red headivism in my family ran with my mom and pop being two gingers....all of the five of us were too.....
But or children were more speckled with brunettism....though they mostly started out ginger and changed early to darker hair....
My grandson however is the spitting image of me hair and all(dad called me carrot top...red hair turns white early as well i think......(my experience and that of my siblings....)
So the gene has the ability to submerge itself in a strain of human DNA and re emerge from generation to generation.....
edit on 14-1-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

May not be due to the color. Most people my age have a lot of gray all my sisters do but I the redhead in the family have only a few strands at the temples.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
this is a lot like the "Blondes going extinct in 200 years". This was quite a lot quoted in 2002, but it turned out to be totally false.

one of the blondes going extinct stories :
news.bbc.co.uk...

and the snopes article on it.
www.snopes.com...

So, for now, I wont comment any further on it, until I've done some more research.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Why?

What does it matter what color of skin your children, or grand children are? Will it make any difference int he love you have for them?

My kids could be purple for all I care. Besides, "white" heritage is really a nasty thing if you look at the history, I suppose that's true for any race.

We should really drop this whole, race purity, race patriotism type stuff. It hurts us more than anything.

~Tenth

Also purebred anything is weaker then mixed, we gain strengths from mixing.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the Ginger gene needs to be spread around Asia more. Nothing hotter than an Asian girl with red hair.

Goes with their "Anime"

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
nm
edit on 14-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: delete

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I want to keep every race, every ethnicity, and every culture alive, unique, and distinct from each other.

Here Here!

This big old melting pot of every culture is just blending everything together.

For me, I'd love to be able to (for example) walk down the main street of Tokyo, London, Edinburgh, Beijing, Melbourne, etc. and see the traditional culture, lets say anywhere from 1400 to 1700's (lol).

Knights, Samurai, Cowboys, Bush Rangers, Scott’s, etc.

just my 2cp worth, it may be expressed a little skewif, but I think I conveyed my message.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I would hate to see a lovely natural chestnut color go the way of the dodo, however it probably will.
Then again so will the white race and who will pay those gov supporting taxes then?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've never understood why some people treat redheads as if we are another race. It's a damn hair color! What's next? People with purple hair are sent to prison? I personally find it extremely pointless. I have red hair and I've done more amazing things than 75% of my old high school. It's not a disability or handicap.

A few years ago on the "Kick A Ginger Day" that some punk made on facebook, all of my buddy's for fun were yelling that it's "Protect A Ginger Kid Day". So anyone that actually decided to kick me, we would all run after them and kick them back!
It was all good fun! I've always found the insults people come up with about gingers quite amusing.

I will agree that we are slowly fading into the mist. The gene is just disappearing. If I have kids with my future wife, there is a higher chance that they will have red hair considering that I will pass that gene on. Except there is always that possibility that none of them will adopt the gene. So yes, I can easily believe that in the next 100 years there will be little to no red haired humans. Kind of disappointing really.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join