It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingers extinct in 100 years, say scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

REDHEADS are becoming rarer and could be extinct in 100 years, according to genetic scientists. The current National Geographic magazine reports that less than two per cent of the world's population has natural red hair, created by a mutation in northern Europe thousands of years ago. Global intermingling, which broadens the availability of possible partners, has reduced the chances of redheads meeting and producing little redheads of their own. It takes only one red-haired parent to produce ginger-headed babies, but two redheads obviously create a much stronger possibility. If the gingers really want to save themselves they should move to Scotland. An estimated 40 per cent of Scots carry the red gene and 13 per cent actually have red hair. Some experts say that redheads could be gone as early as 2060, but others say the gene can be dormant for generations before returning. National Geographic says the gene at first had the beneficial effect of increasing the body's ability to make vitamin D from sunlight. However, today's carriers are more prone to skin cancer and have a higher sensitivity to heat and cold-related pain. Read more: www.news.com.au...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link
edit on 14/1/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

I have always said we need to put them on a wildlife preserve to protect them in their natural habitat. Now, due to poaching, it may be too late
edit on 13-1-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

with dna engineering and such i don't think red heads will ever become extinct although i also read that sperm banks refuse people who have ginger hair or the ginger gene it is a form of racism lol
edit on 13-1-2012 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
lol were all mutants your just a redheaded mutant
but if it makes you feel better alot of the ancient gods had blue eyes and redhair

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
HA!

Good.

Soulless Heathens!

Kidding aside, yes it will be a sad day, but this is also the same thing happening to minority races such as whites. As we intermingle those sorts of things will disappear.

~Tenth

edit on 1/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Redheads will not go extinct as long as it still comes in a bottle. Just ask my wife.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've heard similar stories about blonds. And I think blue eyes as well.
Basically if I understand the thought process, people think we will breed out recessive genes.
Personally, I don't think it's going to happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeah, I have heard this before. Apparently they are pretty rare and are only going to get more scarce

Which sucks for me because I do love the red headed girls.

I wonder though in the upcoming world of genetic engineering, will we be able to save the redheads? In a world where people will potentially be able to one day, pick their babies hair and eye color etc.... Maybe we will still have red heads.

I hope so. Red heads are hot.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Redheads will not go extinct as long as it still comes in a bottle. Just ask my wife.

true, thanks to that magic little bottle, we may see grey hair go extinct. My mom could tell you about that one.

link   
That would suck!! Red heads are awesome!! *says the blue eyed redhead*
I have four boys though and three are blond like their father and one is brunette. They all four have my eyes though, which is a really light crystal blue. I'd hate to think of the world without red heads though, how boring with that be!

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How are whites minority races lol.we make up 20.25% of the worlds population. considering their is Chinese Indian Japanese African we equally match them,

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Damn, I knew I should have bred more in my youth.

Welp... guess I'm going to have to tell my daughter it's up to her now to keep the species alive and flourishing.

Long live the red-haired jezebels of biblical lore !

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Nah, that's not real! Red heads from a bottle are so easy to spot as a fake red, even a good hair color done by a stylist can be spotted as a fake. There is just something about coloring your hair red that is damned near impossible to do without it showing that it isn't quite real. I have seen really 'good' hair color done by a stylist and I could still tell it wasn't a real red head.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How are whites minority races lol.we make up 20.25% of the worlds population. considering their is Chinese Indian Japanese African we equally match them,

Brown is genetically dominant. Mix them up and the result is statistically more likely to be brown.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Nah, that's not real! Red heads from a bottle are so easy to spot as a fake red, even a good hair color done by a stylist can be spotted as a fake. There is just something about coloring your hair red that is damned near impossible to do without it showing that it isn't quite real. I have seen really 'good' hair color done by a stylist and I could still tell it wasn't a real red head.

I think you're claiming a skill you don't have. If you looked at my wife you would not be able to tell. If you look at George Costanza;s Mom, it's obvious, I grant. Fortunately, my wife doesn't look anything like her.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

2/8ths is still a minority, and that's dwindling.

As the poster mentioned above, eventually we all be a soft hue of brown or beige..

Other races are out breading Caucasians, it's not a bad thing, but it's the reality.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I was looking for the Kids in the Hall sketch where the queens of England says that redheads used to be considered demons and killed. Turns out the witch-hunting manual, Malleus Maleficarum, says that red hair, green eyes and freckles are marks of a witch.

Some other interesting facts from here:
www.monstrous.com...

-Redheads don't get grey hair
-Redheads require more anesthesia than non-redheads.
-Redheads do have more sex than the average person.
-According to greek myths, redheads turn into vampires when they die.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
heard this before, obviously impossible to know, as it is in the future- but one thing is for sure, "diversity" is an attempt to eradicate difference, I say vive le difference, the red heads, the blondes, the browns and erm the rest

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

2/8ths is still a minority, and that's dwindling.

As the poster mentioned above, eventually we all be a soft hue of brown or beige..

Other races are out breading Caucasians, it's not a bad thing, but it's the reality.

~Tenth

Well brother, the reality is I think it is a bad thing, I have two caucasian children, beautiful they are, and they will be instilled with pride that will laugh in the face of the globalists

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

20? Where did you ever figure that number from? The highest percentage I have found was 15% for Whites but that is failing to exclude Turks, Mexicans, and Jews (genetically close to Arab/Palestinian) and probably non – White immigrants in White nations so we would drop even lower to around 10% of the world population at best. At the dawn of the 20th century Whites made up roughly 30 – 35% of the global population but this number has been rapidly decreasing, especially in its percentage share of the population, for decades now.

By century’s end we could be around just 2% or less of the world population. That is not even factoring in loss due to interracial mixing, an economic depression dragging the fertility rate even lower, and all of this will combine with unprecedented migration from the third world on a scale never recorded in world history. To put it kindly, the White race is going the way of the dodo.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join