It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Florida to host CNN primary debate. No tickets for students though.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Maybe this should be in the rant forum because I'm angry. CNN will be hosting a debate at my school, 5 days before the primary election and I can't get tickets.

Source

While UNF is the venue for the Jan. 26 event, CNN and the Republican Party of Florida are putting on the event and will control tickets to attend the event.

After calling around the school, I was told CNN was controlling all of the tickets and the best I could get was tickets to a room where I could watch the debate on TV. I can do that at home.

By having the debate at UNF they are making it seem as though the students will be involved but they will not even be allowed to attend.

Just another instance of the media trying to control the election.

edit on 1/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Changed quote to EX, please use EX not QUOTE in place of external content.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Not surprised. Televised debates are cleverly crafted to include only a certain kind of people.

They wanna prevent any "crazies" from showing up and asking real questions and such things.

OR, they want the tickets for actual republican voters, delegates etc...

Probably the first one though.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Perhaps the student body and Alumni can show their feelings about being used for facilities without at least a block of tickets being set aside for the students PAYING those facilities in tuition and more. The University should have the self interest and courage to at least stand up and say XX number of tickets WILL be set aside for those who attend school here and might want to watch. That's just wrong.... If this happened at my college and we were universally shut out of it, I'd be irate.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, I am a Republican voter.

I'm a Ron Paul Republican.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My guess is that they are attempting to quiet the students that will be shouting "Ron Paul For Prez".

Can't have that on TV for the World to see right? It just might sway some viewers to Ron and that is exactly what they are trying to avoid...IMO...

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I know right. The media is out of control these days.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thats because the majority of college students support Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
reply to post by jude11

I know right. The media is out of control these days.

I think the real problem is that the media is in FULL control.

They know exactly what they are doing.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

My question is, how exactly will the ticket sellers know whether or not you are a student there?

I doubt they have a list of every student and are going to force everyone to show ID or something....

Id try to go and just not make it obvious I am a student there, but that is just me.

Now, that said, I have a huge problem with them not wanting the students to come. I would think the school itself would have a problem with that.

I think this shows that your school cares more about getting national attention than it does about it's own students.

I personally would have a problem with this should I be in charge of that school. Id be the type to say "If you wont let our students in, then we wont let you have your debate on our property."

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Since you asked yesterday where you could get tickets and I U2Ued you telling you where, now you're mad?

Are you registered as a Republican in Florida?

If not, why not, since you have lived there for more than 3 years?

Why knowing when the debate was to be held since the end of December, did you only inquire yesterday?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I'm sorry I didn't get your U2U.

Please send it again if you know where I can get tickets.

Oh and yes, I am a registered Republican here.
edit on 13-1-2012 by IndieA because: addition

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I would go to your next student government meeting and ask why?

I would write a letter to the Spinnaker.

I would contact the Young Republican group on campus and ask what they are doing about it.

As a registered Florida Republican, you are eligible to apply for tickets.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I'll see what I can do but these kids these days are clueless.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I thought u were a student there?

Did I misread something?

I assure you, there are many Dr Paul fans at UNF. All it takes is one with gumption and a voice to start the ball rolling!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I'm not typical college age, I'm a part-time student and I work a fulltime job.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
vems.unfcsd.unf.edu...

CNN Republican Presidential Debate
Event Type: Special Events
Location: Building 45, Fine Arts Center Lazzara Performance Hall

Thursday, January 26, 2012
8:00 PM
Calendar:

Calendar of Events
Sponsor: The Republican Party of Florida

UNF will host the 2012 Republican Presidential Debate, Thursday, January 26 at the Lazzara Performance Hall.

CNN will control all tickets to this event.

This event is sponsored by the Republican Party of Florida and the Hispanic Leadership Network.
Cost:CNN will control all tickets to this event.

I wonder if they are all operated this way?.. Sure explains a lot.

Was really hoping to attend this.. Guess not.. Gonna try to get to RP HQ when he's down here then. Least I won't be filtered out by these chumps.

top topics

join