Challenge: Ultimate Name For a Blues Band?

page: 2
4
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy
 


Ok, how about an nifty vague reference to one of the great blues songs of all time:

Cooling Board

Or, how about

Cerulean Sky

Blue Tomorrow

The Nightriders




posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Cheese Between the Couch



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by flipflops
Fundershlitz blues Orchestra
My Mud Pie
Wendy Left Yesterday
Plastic Dirt Bucket
Last Nights Whiskey


That sounds like a personal experience to me.

A bad breakup combined with a bad after breakup binge like the movie the Hangover?
edit on 13-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)


I had a night exactly like that once in Memphis. LOL



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by flipflops
Fundershlitz blues Orchestra
My Mud Pie
Wendy Left Yesterday
Plastic Dirt Bucket
Last Nights Whiskey


That sounds like a personal experience to me.

A bad breakup combined with a bad after breakup binge like the movie the Hangover?
edit on 13-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)


I had a night exactly like that once in Memphis. LOL


I have been to Memphis a few times and can totally relate.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My old Blues band was "Blue Manner."

"Someone and the Somethings" was a possibility for us at one time.

I would use a few different methods to find band names.
The happenstance method: Watch a movie, or see a sign. i.e. My buddy found a "Cold dial" on a washing machine he was repairing- hence our band name Cold Dial.
(Q: Dirtiest sign in Disneyland?
A: Big Thunder-trail to Fantasyland)

History method: I was learning about Opera for a job I had. We ended up naming the band Ring Cycle

Found method: Start looking at anything. A trip to the kitchen can net you "ZERO calories from fat" or
"Bake at 450"



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by flipflops
Fundershlitz blues Orchestra
My Mud Pie
Wendy Left Yesterday
Plastic Dirt Bucket
Last Nights Whiskey


That sounds like a personal experience to me.

A bad breakup combined with a bad after breakup binge like the movie the Hangover?
edit on 13-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)


I had a night exactly like that once in Memphis. LOL


I have been to Memphis a few times and can totally relate.


Yeah I'm from Memphis, I think more goes down their than in Vegas



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A Fat Guy in Spandex.. It's a play on my idea for an air karaoke band.. We would play air everything at local bars.. Even have roadies come in and set up all the "air" instruments.. Then we the band, Fat Guys in Spandex would take the stage in 80's hairband wigs and overly tight fitting spandex of all different prints... And rock some metal band karaoke... Never got off the ground though.. Don't know why



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy
 


OK here you go.

The Dirty Birds
Black Eyed Blues Review
The Bender Boys

By the way now you have to share what your instrument is brother.
(guitar here)



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
here's a few more:the fusion blues band,harmonic sliders,the utensils



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflops
A Fat Guy in Spandex.. It's a play on my idea for an air karaoke band.. We would play air everything at local bars.. Even have roadies come in and set up all the "air" instruments.. Then we the band, Fat Guys in Spandex would take the stage in 80's hairband wigs and overly tight fitting spandex of all different prints... And rock some metal band karaoke... Never got off the ground though.. Don't know why


In the late '80's I lived in Germany. I totally think that would have been a hit in Berlin. Seriously.....lol



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Someone and the somethings.. BAH!



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
River Bend

Slow Blue Roll

Blue Horizon

The Bluebirds

Last Train

The Blues Brothers (oh snap!, scratch that!)

Sons of the Delta



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by flipflops
Fundershlitz blues Orchestra
My Mud Pie
Wendy Left Yesterday
Plastic Dirt Bucket
Last Nights Whiskey


That sounds like a personal experience to me.

A bad breakup combined with a bad after breakup binge like the movie the Hangover?
edit on 13-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)


I had a night exactly like that once in Memphis. LOL


I have been to Memphis a few times and can totally relate.


Yeah I'm from Memphis, I think more goes down their than in Vegas


Memphis was the right city for me, but it contained the wrong girl.

Now I have to go and write a poem called "Last Night's Whiskey"

and to keep this on topic:

Whiskey and Lime



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Some Smelly Feet



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2
 

And we all know what that leads up to.......

Memphis was the right city for me, but it contained the wrong girl. Now I have to go and write a poem called "Last Night's Whiskey" and to keep this on topic: Whiskey and Lime


Whiskey Sh!ts

Or Blue Lola.

Or the Limestone Blues.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy
 

Sexual Donkey Disposal Unit



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by tsawyer2
 

And we all know what that leads up to.......

Memphis was the right city for me, but it contained the wrong girl. Now I have to go and write a poem called "Last Night's Whiskey" and to keep this on topic: Whiskey and Lime


Whiskey Sh!ts

Or Blue Lola.

Or the Limestone Blues.


Now that made me laugh!

Now back to the naming....

Is The Derek Darkly Band out of the question, because that is the obvious choice, if not you can combine that with:

Derek Darkly and the Blue Horizons

Derek Darkly and Slow Blue Roll

etc.

edit on 13-1-2012 by tsawyer2 because: three too many e's



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy
 


Sweet Virginia

The C Notes

Earth & Wood



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Shuffle Kings

Daily Bread

Groove Merchants

The Blevies

Bluz ala Mode

Amigos Barrachos

Have Groove Will Travel

The Twine Spankers



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dezertdog

The Blevies



I like that a lot. Something about it sounds right.

Many great suggestions here!!





top topics
 
4
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join