It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you Ron Paul supporters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I did some digging into Ron Paul. What I found I did not like. Now while I still agree with him on serveral subjects, he cannot take the whitehouse. This is a man who disagreed with helping the victims of katrinia, said it was robbery. How many of you live in an area that is prone to hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfire, blizzards, or tornadoes. Well if he gets in office I hope for your sake and mine that none of them are to severe. No help from the fed. its your fault that you lived there, why should the tax payers pay for your choice.
This is what you vote for if you vote Ron Paul.

sorry for not posting the link. www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2470799
this is the one directly for katrinia. other links are in my blog listed in my signiture.
edit on 13-1-2012 by jmotley because: supply link to comment in question

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

He says that we should go back to allowing people to volunteer to help during natural disasters, not using Fed money to fix it via FEMA because they end up doing more harm than good. Have fund raisers much like we do now when these disasters hit. Stop looking for the government to throw money at you because even when they do the problems still never get solved.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

I did some digging into Ron Paul.

Come on motley...since 2009..?

You know you need to provide a link; that way, we can look at it and decide if you are full of BS or on to something...

So - link us..!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"Give me liberty, or give me Death!"

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmotley
I did some digging into Ron Paul. What I found I did not like. Now while I still agree with him on serveral subjects, he cannot take the whitehouse. This is a man who disagreed with helping the victims of katrinia, said it was robbery. How many of you live in an area that is prone to hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfire, blizzards, or tornadoes. Well if he gets in office I hope for your sake and mine that none of them are to severe. No help from the fed. its your fault that you lived there, why should the tax payers pay for your choice.

Good. I hope you are in the process of sourcing what you "found".

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

That you Mitts?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Oh, so a reknowned doctor, who took an oath to protect human life suddenly has a change of heart at the age of 70 and decides not to help the people of Katrina who are dying?

Give me a break, we have seen Ron Pauls patients on camera stating how much of a brilliant doctor he was, even helping those other doctors refused to. Taking people into his home to help.

Please, go throw the muck elsewhere. We have seen time and again Ron Paul vote against war, vote against taking away peoples rights, and you are saying hes a bad guy?

Complete rubbish

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

Link or it didn´t happen.

There is always two sides to every situation.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm voting for Ron Paul no matter what disinformation you've read or what kind of talking head you follow. I've actually done the research from multiple sources. I find I can get to the real truth of things if I visit at least 5 different sources and try and get away from any party affiliated news source. Most of the MSM is biased to one party system or the other in which the end result is keeping us divided.

By the way, who are you pulling for Jmotley? It's only fair you say.
edit on 13-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
C'mon these Romney supporters come on here and say "Oh I liked Ron Paul until after a little digging found out he worships the Easter Bunny & fornicates with chickens."
lmao

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

What People seem to oversee is the fact that when Ron Paul makes statements that are controversial like getting rid of the education dept and not throwing money out the window because of foreign policies, he is speaking in terms of FEDERAL government. He, from what I am concluding, is pro republic. He wants each states to be most independent of federal hand downs. I would also venture to say that if your "findings" are accurate, which I seem to have heard Dr. Paul say that as well, It would not change the fact that I believe that he would be the first person to volunteer aid to support his fellow american. Just not out of the federal budget. When he says freedom and independence, I'm sure that he means it., I am also pretty sure that he would not live somewhere that is prone to natural disasters. it is a big world with plenty of land. Pick a spot above sea level and out of the path of destruction of tornadoes. Common sense isn't that common anymore.

Bottom line, each state should assert their independence in times of hardship and prosperity. We should volunteer to help each other and this god damned planet would be a better place to live.

If only people would stop nit picking and digging for faults that are insignificant in comparison to ANY other option whether democrats or republican. HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO MAKES SENSE 99% OF THE TIME. Everyone else wants to perpetuate wars, waste money and continue on as if there is nothing wrong with the current government and socioeconomic situation.

I say hogwash! Ron Paul is NOT A BETTER OF TWO EVILS type candidate. HE IS (his ideas that is) THE ONLY DAMN HOPE THIS COUNTRY HAS TO SEE 2013
edit on 13-1-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
here is the link about katrinia. other links can be found in my blog listed in my signiture.

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2470799

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

So uhh, jmotley - when was the last time I got any sort of taxpayer relief? Have I ever or my girlfriend ever taken student aid, food stamps, WIC, or anything else? No.

So, thanks. Nor do we want it. I live in Oklahoma, in an area prone to tornadoes and wildfires. If I don't have insurance or a plan for disaster, I'm not going to try to require that people in Illinois or some other more-benign area to subsidise my relief. I'll reach out to friends, family, and charity as needed, or otherwise suck it up and get back on my feet.

People don't need to rely on the government to help people out - especially when the government is corrupt and inefficient and generally terrible at what it does. How long did it take them to get water to the Superdome?

Charity should rely on will and love, not government force and failure. I can appreciate your thought and concern on the matter, but it's quite misplaced and short-sighted in light of serious consideration of the facts.

Take care.

edit on 1/13/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
TO THE THREAD POSTERS - yes, jmotley is correct - Paul is opposed to FEMA, in addition to all other unconstitutional and wasteful government programs and agencies. This is not misinformation.

Paul even opposes federal subsidies and aid for his own congressional district - and was reelected 12 times. 'Force of government' does not equal 'good of man', and quite often fails impressively at that which is supposedly sets out to do. Paul believes people should help people - not just give even more money to a government that generally just helps themselves.
edit on 1/13/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

here is the link about katrinia. other links can be found in my blog listed in my signiture.

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2470799

Using a ranter's personal view as a source is kind of looking in the mirror and asking "who's the prettiest on of them all".. It's worthless.

Your source is simply a blog of personal opinions of some character who seems to be unable to put Dr. Ron Paul's position in context of real life.

That is where most rants and junk comes from. People taking things out of context. For example, the racist comments that were dug up. He didn't do it, he recanted the statements; yet, people were taking it out of context and using what they wanted to see to their advantage.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

No not since 09. before 2011 he never was a serious cadidate in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by facelift

No not since 09. before 2011 he never was a serious cadidate in my eyes.

Not a serious candidate in your eyes? Perhaps you had something stuck in you.. ... ears???

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hi All
Look what I found

Explain yourself OP

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
reply to post by jmotley

He says that we should go back to allowing people to volunteer to help during natural disasters, not using Fed money to fix it via FEMA because they end up doing more harm than good. Have fund raisers much like we do now when these disasters hit. Stop looking for the government to throw money at you because even when they do the problems still never get solved.

Volunteers? Ok lets look at Katrina. Charities were able to raise aprox 587 million. This is the highest figure I was able to find.
www.singlearticles.com...
The government gave 100 Billion This is the lowest figure I was able to find. articles.moneycentral.msn.com...
The actual cost of Kartrinia has been estimated at well over 200Billion. (Same link as above)
So if we add these figures up we come up to 100,587.000,000. to fix a 200 Billion dollar problem.
Now FEMA did not make matters worse it was the idiots that decided to do things like give fake SSN to get more money, spend the money on non-essenial items. Yes things need to be done to prevent this from happening again But these people would have been in far worse shape if it had not been for FEMA.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Oh, so a reknowned doctor, who took an oath to protect human life suddenly has a change of heart at the age of 70 and decides not to help the people of Katrina who are dying?

Give me a break, we have seen Ron Pauls patients on camera stating how much of a brilliant doctor he was, even helping those other doctors refused to. Taking people into his home to help.

Please, go throw the muck elsewhere. We have seen time and again Ron Paul vote against war, vote against taking away peoples rights, and you are saying hes a bad guy?

Complete rubbish

Check the link I provided. Sorry for not providing eariler.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join