It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it Make Sound Economic Sense to Vote for Ron Paul (even if you don't agree with him on everyth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is going to be a pragmatic post.

I'm afraid that most analysis fails to focus on the practical reality of a Ron Paul victory.

Here's how it breaks down, in my opinion.

A vote for anyone besides Ron Paul will equal a continuation of life as we know it, ie., unsustainable deficit spending, war in every corner of the earth, runaway money printing and inflation.

A vote for Ron Paul will equal a peel back of some of that. Not all.

That's the point that I think most who oppose Ron Paul miss.

If you oppose Ron Paul because you like some government. You like some entitlements. You like somewhat of a safety net. If you dislike Ron Paul for all of those reasons, then you should probably vote for Ron Paul.

Because the only way to keep some of those things intact long term is to roll back spending. And Ron Paul is the only one who will do that.

No one else will go head-to-head with war profiteers and reduce that waste. Some of which would be used to fund social programs back home.

You see, people who are scared of Ron Paul's libertarian principles aren't thinking things through.

The reality is, most of what he wants to do, he will never be able to accomplish.

And that's why a Ron Paul presidency should be music to EVERYBODY'S ears.

Because everybody else will keep our government growing and going in the wrong direction.

Ron Paul will fight for a lot but win a little. That little will be a peel back from where we are today.

A peel back which we so desperately need to assure the future for our kids and grandkids.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquitesure
This is going to be a pragmatic post.

I'm afraid that most analysis fails to focus on the practical reality of a Ron Paul victory.

Here's how it breaks down, in my opinion.

A vote for anyone besides Ron Paul will equal a continuation of life as we know it, ie., unsustainable deficit spending, war in every corner of the earth, runaway money printing and inflation.

If you really want to be pragmatic about it, let the next president let the house of card collapse. RP will only prolong the inevitable, he's not gonna be president forever. After him, the next president will destroy america anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I kind of agree. I think Ron Paul could do a lot of good for this country but even if he makes it two terms I feel it will not be enough and the next guy to get in there will just ruin america again. I truly feel we cannot change this country without revolution.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

Well, I think it's worth a shot.

It may collapse ultimately, but I'm the kind of guy who won't go down without a fight.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Vote Ron Paul if you want to save the country.

top topics

join