It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping pods dream is now a reality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I dreamed of these pods about 10 years ago. Imagine how surprised I was when I was browsing the mainstream media news and saw them. In the dream the soft blue lights, the minimal amenities, the stacked arrangement, its all there.

The video clip is about how in Hong Kong rental space is at a premium. These sleeping pods are an alternative to full apartment rentals and a way of economizing the cost of living space.

hope this embed works, we'll see.

video.msnbc.msn.com...

ok embed didn't work this time, but there is the link
edit on 13-1-2012 by SunflowerStar because: add link

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I can remember seeing something like you are talking about on Blue Peter a TV show , but it was in Tokyo this would have been about 10-12 yrs a go so its possible you seen something similar and then dreamed about it .

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Don't know what Blue Peter tv show is, but your picture is also unfamiliar. But they are interesting, your picture looks like they could be like the sleeping quarters they used to have on passenger trains, or the overseas flights, way back in the day. They are interesting concepts, wonder if we could get something like that going here in the states? Hard economic times, ways of affording a safe place to sleep, etc?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
kawaiikakkoiisugoi.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>reply to post by SunflowerStar

Its actually a hotel believe it or not ,i think the idea has been about in Japan since the mid 90s .
So do you now think you can dream the future ? I think you should start a dream diary
edit on 13-1-2012 by shambles84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

I don't think so really. That was just a snippet, and didn't understand why I was seeing them anyway. But, I was amazed this afternoon, I really was, it's like it jolted it from its little memory storage and said hey, remember this? But when that synapses fired, it was right on. Will try to lucid dream tomorrow when I can get the house to myself, see if I can pull the rest of the dream back up, hopefully, I have recalled dreams before, trying to remember them.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Your dream is now a reality the idea was a reality since 1979

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wisper

Thanks for the link wisper. It is a new reality to me, though. Had never been exposed to the concept except in my dream until now.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I get claustrophobia just by looking at it

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

No, shambles, I don't think I dream futuristic ally as a standard. I will start a dream journal though. Mostly my dreams, the ones I can remember, are usually symbolism that the sub-conscience is trying to work out. This one though just surprised me so. The other day when I saw this on the news that the memory of having had the dream was so powerful. So I guess this really is just a nugget in the greater scheme, but one I won't soon forget.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

They have had hotels like this in Japan for a looong time.
Basically it's a little cell to sleep in for business men that get really drunk and just need to crash until work.
They even sell business suits if they don't have a change of clothes there.

edit on 15-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
I dreamed of these pods about 10 years ago. Imagine how surprised I was when I was browsing the mainstream media news and saw them. In the dream the soft blue lights, the minimal amenities, the stacked arrangement, its all there.

The video clip is about how in Hong Kong rental space is at a premium. These sleeping pods are an alternative to full apartment rentals and a way of economizing the cost of living space.

hope this embed works, we'll see.

video.msnbc.msn.com...

ok embed didn't work this time, but there is the link
edit on 13-1-2012 by SunflowerStar because: add link

These have been featured on tv shows for the past like 5-6 years.

It's cool that you just discovered it and thanks for posting as they are neat, but this is = to you making a post asking if we have heard of beanie babies.

top topics

join