It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help please. Can I exchange AED (Dubai currency) into British pounds in any UK travel agent/bank?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Basically I went on a cruise last year and was a bit silly and held onto foreign money thinking I would be there again soon (I wish!) Anyway I've started an awesome new job, but I have 6 weeks to pay day so am a bit short and realised that I have a couple hundred quid in AED's lying about!
My question though is can I exchange it easily in the UK? When I tried this with Indian currency nobody would accept it and I really could do with the money rather than leaving it in my drawer until I make enough for another big holiday (which will be some time!)

I looked online but nowhere answered this question for me so can someone help me please?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
not everyone.marks and spencers exchange wouldn,t change indian or thai currency for me so you might be better going to a bank,maybe ask to add it to your account then withdraw it at the atm.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
you should be abel to.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Apparently the Indian currency is a 'closed currency' for one reason or another, maybe due to the level of fake notes around. I would have thought that AED would be ok but I just wanted t find out before I go to town and get a kick in the balls when I can't claim back all that money.

new topics

top topics

join