It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Unions to shut down the Superbowl!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I can see it now...100,000 drunk tail gate partiers beating the crap out of a bunch of union guys....it would go down in history as the great super bowl slaughter.

I don't think this will happen. The unions can't be this stupid.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I doubt that any sort of nonsense would be tollerated and would be quickly dispersed. So much money involved and of course the security of the fans and players is paramount. H0mel@nd security will be all over the place on game day.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When I was young, I got a job at 5$ an hour, and a little more than 2 years later, I was at 12$ an hour.

Then, a moron who wanted to make money, he was a moron I said, decided to bring in the union. For the next 13 years, we got less than 3$ an hour of augmentation...

I hate Unions. They are doom-bringers alright.

The friendly atmosphere of the enterprise immediately went under the rug, and soon enough, everyone was barking at his co-worker for whatever reasons. Many became openly lazy...

I quit because I couldn't stand to work in a stupid environment.

EDIT: I was in the moment an forgot... I guess the Union could do it, blocking the Superbowl, seeing everybody wants his share of public money... If its public, it belongs to ALL, no?
Grrr!
edit on 13-1-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by NowanKenubi because:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
I doubt that any sort of nonsense would be tollerated and would be quickly dispersed. So much money involved and of course the security of the fans and players is paramount. H0mel@nd security will be all over the place on game day.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

I don't doubt the union protesters are this stupid. To them ( I'm a Hoosier, seeing the craziness first hand ) this is a Holy War, and where better to get your message out than the Super Bowl? They've stated openly to the media they are hoping to embarrass the governor and the legislature.

I do agree that it isn't a good idea. The security grid they have set up in Indy is scary. 75 new cameras, cops with iPhones to capture things " at street level " and a brand new security facility called The Rock that coordinates, in real time, officer GPS, traffic cameras, scanners and 911 calls across the entire city. It's been all over local media how secure and technologically advanced this event is. Add to that how important this event is to Indy and to the governor's future political hopes ( remember, he gave the GOP response to the SOTU address and there had been talk of a presidential run ) and things may just get a little insane this weekend.

This, of course, ignores the deep, DEEP, Masonic roots that Indianapolis has. That's really a whole other, larger, topic.

The question really comes down to which strings are being pulled here? Is it the larger NWO agenda or the lower level of partisan politics? Will the police state kill the protest by any means necessary? Or will the Democratic party ( including Obama ) sheild their union foot soldiers from the worst of it?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
As a teacher in Indiana I'm feeling the effects first hand of this NASTY political agenda that the Republican party is pushing through legislation while they still have control of the house. As I read most of these posts the only conclusion that I can come up with is that there are a lot of people who are uniformed about Indiana's current state of crisis. As of last year when the Republicans essentially disbanded the teacher's Union they've left a bad taste in even the most conservative Republican's in the teaching field. First, teachers now will never make more then the base salary of a first year teacher ($33,000 in my school district) and are then expected to earn merit pay based on student achievement and whether or not you are deemed a highly effective teacher. Merit will be an extra $3,000 tops if they even have the funds to give the corporation money which I highly doubt. We haven't had a raise in over eight years! With the current rate of inflation it's nearly impossible to sustain any size family. Yet Tony Bennet (Superintendent of Schools and our boy Mitch) Believe our children should be treated as products. They all need to succeed despite what baggage they come to school with i.e. beaten at home, homeless, parentless, starving, sexually abused etc. the list goes on and I see all of those everyday. Yet my lively hood is dependent on those children to pass a single test. Insane. And now a year later the Unions are going to take it to the streets of Indy on it's wedding day. The only day all eyes on Indiana home of the Super Bowl! I say what better time and place to show our boy Mitch that we are sick of being railroaded by him and his agenda. I apologize for the lengthy rant however, it disgusts me every time I see a new legislation being passed on this supposed short session, I for one look forward to see how this plays out tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SteffieJo

Well being how #ty our school systems are a pay cut is the right motivation to get you teachers to focus more on the kids and less on your paycheck.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

I'm not really sure how to take your post. If you believe teachers choose to go into teaching profession for the paycheck you are sadly mistaken. Why does any person work? The same reason any person does... to earn a paycheck and to provide for their family while having the opportunity to make a difference in a person's life. So if you believe that adding a merit system to student growth will improve student achievement then you are as misguided as the administration that has implemented this absurd system. Merit will not foster teacher collaboration, nor will it motivate the student to achieve. Motivation is an intrinsic trait that is learned and fostered through their parents, teachers can motivate and are not miracle workers. I do not dispute the fact that their are poor teachers who do not foster student achievement and do only worry about a paycheck, but that is a small number and those are the teachers that should be dealt with. Not the majority of teachers.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SteffieJo

You can complain all you want but the union itself is to blame. Basically they now have become their own worst enemy. How many of the high ups are or were actual teachers??? Lots of people complain about the lobbying and there is a group that spends tons of money to lobby. Maybe if there was a sense of realism in leadership things would be different. But in truth the unions are guilty now of the same thing that they blame corporations for, greed. No dues no money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join