It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Seen It ALL Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I’ve really seen it all now. I remember getting a note from a doctor so I could miss school when I was a kid. Apparently now a note from a doctor can get elites out of trial??

This guy is such a tool. I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep pushing this back for months or years. This is how the legal system in America works if you’re a millionaire. I wonder if this doctor’s note would have helped you or me in the same situation?

John Edwards has a life-threatening heart condition that requires surgery and his trial has been delayed, according to reports Friday.

In Greensboro, N.C., U.S. District Judge Catherine Eagles revealed that two cardiologists wrote to her that the former presidential contender and senator has a medical procedure scheduled next month and starting his trial on Jan. 30 would “reduce the chance for success,” WRAL reported. The doctors said Edwards is currently on medication for the heart condition, the details of which weren’t discussed.

He is facing a series of charges related to his alleged involvement in a scheme in which two of his political supporters paid about $925,000 of Hunter’s expenses. At the time, she was pregnant with Edwards’s child.
link

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm sure if anyone other than an 'insider' tried that they'd get their head thrown in to a table and their back broken on the floor (while in handcuffs).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Surprising what money and connections will buy these days…

OJ anyone?

If they do end up going to jail that’s a joke too in many cases. Ever heard of a designer jail?

For over a decade suburban jails in Southern California have been renting upscale cells to affluent people convicted of crimes in Los Angeles County. These pay-to-stay programs, also called self-pay jails, cost wealthy prisoners between $45 and $175 a day and include such amenities as iPods, cell phones, computers, private cells and work release programs. Some even let prisoners (who are referred to as “clients”) bring in their own food.

This nicer-jail-stay-for-pay scheme not only allows the rich and famous – as well as the more modestly affluent – to avoid the brutality, squalor, abysmal medical care and other unpleasant conditions typical in public jail systems. It also highlights the inequities of a two-track system of justice in the United States in which the wealthy enjoy privileges and perks behind bars while the poor are resigned to less comfortable and more dangerous conditions of confinement.

link

I'm sure Edwards will reserve a room in one of these joints one day!

edit on 13-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I find your second post more disturbing than the first. I;ve heard of minimum security "plush" prisons before but this is ridiculous! How is this considered punishment at all?

Typical though, and just what I'd expect from the well-heeled criminal class. Gotta watch out for your own ya know - you never know it might be YOU that gets caught or has to take the heat for the upper crusters.
Funny how not long after we ensured that everyone had equal civil rights that some people seemed to get "extra" rights.
Small wonder so many otherwise intelligent working-class people drink themselves in to a stupor every night - they don't want to have to admit the reality of just how much inequality exists in the US.
Few others would get a medical "out" from a trial due to a medical condition. Only those with the kind of money Edwards has - lots and lots of blood money.

S&F for you Seabag
edit on 13-1-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Remind anybody of noble captives in the medieval days?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Now you see why Edwards ran for office he has what it takes crooks liars and theives the lot of them and that dude could have been 1 step away from running this country.

Edwards needs to spend time in a qualty for star hotel that Madoff is the irony is the heart condition proof positive that politicans do not have hearts.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the irony is the heart condition proof positive that politicans do not have hearts.

Strike that.

Hes getting a transplant.

Nancy Pelosi's Heart.

Chalk it up to Healthcare reform.

Edwards is a scumbag,MHO

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Perhaps it is all a ruse to avoid trial but, then again, it could be simple karma.

This man was unfaithful to a spouse who would soon pass of disease. His behavior is arguably a contributing factor to the way it ended because there is little doubt anymore that emotional injury can and does often affect our physical ability to fight off illness.

Karma... when life and nature visit back upon us what we so carelessly, and thoughtlessly dish out upon others... especially those closest, and most dependent upon us.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by neo96
the irony is the heart condition proof positive that politicans do not have hearts.

Strike that.

Hes getting a transplant.

Nancy Pelosi's Heart.

Chalk it up to Healthcare reform.

Edwards is a scumbag,MHO

That's some bad healthcare if you get a Pelosi replacement heart.

Does she even have one to spare?? Oh wait...it was her SOUL that she sold, not her heart. My bad!

I wonder what condition his heart will be in when the jury says "we the jury find the defendant guilty on all charges"?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

That's some bad healthcare if you get a Pelosi replacement heart.

Does she even have one to spare?? Oh wait...it was her SOUL that she sold, not her heart. My bad!

I wonder what condition his heart will be in when the jury says "we the jury find the defendant guilty on all charges"?

Judging from the Healthcare reform,and what Doctors are going to get paid,I wouldnt doubt if they ripped it right out of Nancys chest,and glued it to Edwards!!!!

Can you sue a Veterinarian?

Madoff agrees with my post,BTW

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sorry should responded sooner but here is what people are missing:

Congressman get free healthcare for life even tho they may only serve 1 year which means all his medical bills are paid for by us.

Secondly if he is indeed convicted means another all expenses paid vacation on us again and considering the nature of his crimes which means all his bank accounts will most likely be seized congressman always get special dispensation when it comes to crime but when it comes to other politicians not so much case in point Blago.

So.......

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I knew about the "different" healthcare congress receives.

I was just having fun with it.

top topics

join