It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Shut Out Of Canada For Lying!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What kind of research did the OP do? Perhaps he too could be accused of lieing.

News Corp is owned by Quebecor Media. NOT Rupert Murdoch or his cronies. If were going to hop of this misleading bandwagon, perhaps we should demand the shutdown of CBC, a blatantly left-wing station funded by tax dollars.

And where is the link showing how Harper wanted to "legalize lies". That sounds fishy to me. Googling the subject turns up nothing. Is this whole post a left-wing lie?
edit on 16-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by charles1952

No no, this actually happened.

blogs.marketwatch.com...

Fox News North, was coming to Canada.

Kory Teneycke, former communications director to Canada’s Conservative Prime Minister, Stephen Harper.

The deal was not put through as Fox was attempting to get the laws changed so they could lie.

It's not a hoax.

~tenth

Did you even read your "source" before you posted it? Did you not read the line that i quote here:

This week’s announcement that Montreal media mogul Pierre Karl Peladeau is planning a conservative all-news cable channel to launch next January – a channel most agree will be similar to Fox News here – is causing quite a stir in Canada.

So yeah. NOT owned by Murdoch, NOT Fox North. Its what people speculate MIGHT be like a Fox North. This OP lied and misleaded no less than the Fox News your raging against and your backing it. What we must remember is if this is a privately owned media source, they can tow any line they want, as long as they do not lie.

Ps. After continuing to read through the post i see this has already been hashed out. So yeah.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

News Corp is owned by Quebecor? I think you made a typo or your info is just wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

News Corp is owned by Quebecor? I think you made a typo or your info is just wrong.

Your right, my bad. Misread somthing so ill retract that. The intent of my post still stands, this OP was misleading and this is in no way affiliated with Fox media. Similar, perhaps but not the same. And again, id love a source showing how Harper wanted to legalize lies. Seems odd to me. If this new media could lie, then could not also the CBC, which is decidedly liberal? Goes both ways.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No, it's not FOX itself, but it has been called "Fox News North." The OP should have clarified but that is what it is referring to.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If the Canadian's are saying their government lies to them then to me the headline should read, FOX NEWS SHUT OUT OF CANADA FOR TELLING DIFFERENT LIES THAN ITS GOV IS TELLING THEM! What's the Canadian equivalent of Fox news?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have to say I do watch some foxnews now and then but it is a little to to right for my taste.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is so wonderful to hear!!
I can't believe the news here in the states. I do not watch tv and will not be brainwashed by them. I don't roll with sheep so the shepard can't herd me.
Seems like Canada has it together for the most part. Im not far away in MN so i might have to get my passport in order and get the hell out of here before they don't alow us anymore. Thanks for the post!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i used to have lots of us channel, im in canada, and i noticed some dissapearing
bye bye!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Seven pages, ninety-nine flags, and the OP is a hoax. I'm not even upset anymore, it's gone to an entirely different dimension.

I may have missed it, has anyone said they were happy with a bureaucrat banning things for being "misleading?" What standards would be applied, and would commercials for news channels be subject to it also?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Sad, isnt it?

People are so ready to crucify the conservatives and Harper that they will believe any lie spoon fed to them, no questions asked or research done. Losing faith in my fellow Canadians fast.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well thats free speach in canada for ya might as well just ban weekly world news while there at it lawls!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
finally! Someone takes a stand against media bullsh*t...
Very good thing to hear indeed.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
CBC is the only news I watch as I find it's not glorified and still is decent journalism, a lot mor decent than global and the rest of the junk out there. Good job CRTC never thought I would say this.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 4mypeeps

Just out of curiosity, what are you applauding CRTC for doing? In other words, what did they just accomplish in your eyes?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
First off, did anybody here actually read from the sources provided? Or the sources the source provided? Leave it to Fox news haters to provide sources to blogs and call it fact. Also this never happened to Fox News. I work for them. It is a different organization.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is the first good thing that Stephan Harper has ever done!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join