It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Shut Out Of Canada For Lying!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Ed Schultz is so envious of Fox News ratings.

Nobody is watching the Ed Schultz poorly rated TV Show.

He is talking to himself.
---------
Comcast will probably fire him next.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by real_one

Are you really that ignorant? Unless you live in Canada, you shouldnt even be commenting something so asinine. You're country is going to hell, I just hope we don't go down with you.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Only1King because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yet one more reason to move to Canada.. However..

Its is quite refreshing to see ministers and officials actually abiding by common sense. If Canada holds and maintains that its airways are to inform and advise correctly and truthfully. Then i can think of 6 mega media corps who will have to shape up to do business in the future..

Now if only we can retro act that for the rest of the north america.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If this happened in america too, there wouldnt be any news outlets left. Truth hurts.
edit on 14-1-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Only1King

Are you really that ignorant? Unless you live in Canada, you shouldnt even be commenting something so asinine. You're country is going to hell, I just hope we don't go down with you.

If the USA is going to hell, why are you sending us the Keystone Pipeline?

It looks like you need us.

Just watch The Factor with Bill O'Reilly. It's a great show. Bill has millions of viewers for
a reason.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
here's an email from a canadian friend of mine:

"Fox News sucks but that article is not true. Fox News has been in Canada since 2004 and they will stay there. There was a proposal to by the CRTC to change the broadcast rules and regulations to allow false news as long as it was not knowingly false and it didn't harm anyone. The public outcry was loud that they didn't want the change, saying it would allow "Fox-style" news. It's not that Canada has banned Fox News but they have kept their standard of not allowing false news."

So even articles that claim to be calling out the BS, are in fact - laden with BS.

We live in an MC Escher painting friends. Up is down - down is out - and out is in.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DresdenCodex
here's an email from a canadian friend of mine:

"Fox News sucks but that article is not true. Fox News has been in Canada since 2004 and they will stay there. There was a proposal to by the CRTC to change the broadcast rules and regulations to allow false news as long as it was not knowingly false and it didn't harm anyone. The public outcry was loud that they didn't want the change, saying it would allow "Fox-style" news. It's not that Canada has banned Fox News but they have kept their standard of not allowing false news."

So even articles that claim to be calling out the BS, are in fact - laden with BS.

We live in an MC Escher painting friends. Up is down - down is out - and out is in.

Just allow Fox News everywhere. If you don't like it, use your power of free will and change
the channel. There is no reason to rule Canada with an iron fist.
Keep an open mind ,not a closed mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
For those of you that get all their info and news from ATS, there is plenty disinformation posted here as well,

Take this thread for example.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Only1King

If the USA is going to hell, why are you sending us the Keystone Pipeline?

It looks like you need us.

Just watch The Factor with Bill O'Reilly. It's a great show. Bill has millions of viewers for
a reason.

I think it's because of the energy component in NAFTA.

Guess we need China too, they're getting the Northern Gateway pipeline.
business.financialpost.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
For those of you that get all their info and news from ATS, there is plenty disinformation posted here as well,

Take this thread for example.

Specifically like what?

Why would you even do that? Why would you come into a thread, call it a lie, and just run away?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
DresdenCodex...

There are many of us the believe Fox News and we disbelieve ABC, CBS, and (especilly) NBC.
You know what???? I REALLY don't believe YOU!!! You're posting is such a bunch of Liberal Crap,
Do you work for Obama or are you Obama??? If you're a real person, living in Canada, just stay there.
We have our quota of Liberals and I was hoping we could con more of them to move to Canada but nobody's taking the hint.....just gets too cold up there.

edit on 14-1-2012 by pistolerooo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

I do not know who Stephen Harper is as i am not from around but reading all this i think this man should wherever his name is mentioned automaticly be attached to what he is trying to do her and forever be known as "the man who tried to remove the law that prohibits news networks to lie!".

In fact they should raise a statue of him in a prominent place in canada with a description of this.

Really,ridiculous this is.

The audacity to stand up in public lobbying publicly to remove a law like that so that fox news can operate according to their regular 'standards'.It is quit laughable really and i commend canada for even just having this law in place.Now all canada needs to do is hold on to it.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

I almost forgot , S & F

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I went to repost this on another group and realized they amended the OP's article. It's not true, Fox I guess has always been in Canada. It's some other news group that was banned or something like that. Plenty of posters in the comments on that OP link pointed out the error and the person who originally posted that article is now fired I guess.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
about time

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vrlsh6
about time

People should really try and read through the comments, it makes a difference.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Just allow Fox News everywhere. If you don't like it, use your power of free will and change
the channel. There is no reason to rule Canada with an iron fist.
Keep an open mind ,not a closed mind.

This... ^^^^

I'm Canadian and I have enough free will to just not watch Fox news, or a Fox news wannabe. I'm not a fan of their brodcasting (lackof)standards, and as a result I don't watch them. It's pretty simple really. My government has no right to block, ban, or reject anything on my behalf. The CRTC has be getting out of control in my opinion and they need to be dismantled.
edit on 14-1-2012 by PollyPeptide because: I'm Dyslexic

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You could have expanded on that, Reuters, Thompson group, AP, but you didn't.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In a world where so much gets censored I'm not happy about this.
Even if its Fox I still don't like "my" government to determine what I can or can not see.
Especially if based on something utterly irrelevant in modern MSM like truth.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
“a licenser may not broadcast … any false or misleading news.”

But, that's most of it. Forgetting all about bias and propaganda for a second, how about accuracy? In the race to get it on the screen, there is no chance to sufficiently research the background of breaking events. Often the loudest voice at the onset of an event is not the one providing the clearest details, just the most emotional version of the story. First impressions matter, and the public is left with those impressions, rarely seeing the full story, assuming it ever emerges.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join