It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Shut Out Of Canada For Lying!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Harper is an ass , TPTB have been trying to changes laws like the radio act in Canada for a whie , those $%^^* just never quit till they get what they want . What ever the media here is owned by the same people as it is in the sates , Harper just wants to make it official .
edit on 14-1-2012 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

from the article you posted !

Harper’s proposal was timed to facilitate the launch of a new right-wing network, “Sun TV News” which Canadians call “Fox News North.”

ohh I love this Part in the Article that the OP Posted

I am the only one posting here as of roughly seven months ago and I insofar as I believe propaganda spread by Fox and the U.S. corporate media is literally a threat to our democracy, .

Fox Shut Out of Canada Because of a Law Against Lying During Newscasts

March 2, 2011 at 4:14 PM
sayitaintsoalready.com...

well here is what Ive threaded a while ago about Toronto Sun doing the same thing as Fox News
as usual not telling the whole truth and absolute lies ! and leaving out bit and pieces!!

Mohawk Warrior Society Occupy Toronto Canada Park , page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ezra Lavent is Like Bill Oreiley and Glenn Beck all trapped in one body !

see for your self !

Toronto Sun is just like Fox News!!

Ezra Levant On The Warpath Against Occupy Toronto Mohawks

see my thread the provides the Truth about the Mohawk Society Involvement of what Lavant Slanders about personally I think hes a Racist Pig ! i was in total shock !and PISSED!! at the same time when i saw this Clip a Big Uproar in the Mohawk Community let alone Toronto Occupy

As Lavant slander's, Disinfo and leaving out bits of truth of the OKA Crisis & Grand River land dispute

Toronto SUN

Fox New isn't Needed in Canada they have One Already its called Toronto SUN!

edit on 14-1-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

Yeah... Fair and one sided! I quit listen to them when O reilly continued to speak un true words of many people. The one that really got me is whem he speaks of Ron Paul. Dam , here is a prefect American and he cannot say anything positive about a guy who's record stand by it's self alone to be a statement of truth and the direction to save us. That to me means is paid for , on the cuff...sell out. Lyer and BS the spin starts here. I don't care for his opinion. Shut up goof ball. Go read your books and try to impress us with or BS. I use to respect you but now find you a Insult to the free mind and you sir have been bought and paid for. Wish you would come back and practice what you preach but to late now 6 foot idiot. I don't trust a word you say. Now that sad. You put everyone down on a list you must have ,or your just stupid and don't live or see real life and want us to beleive you are the correct spew point and we should listen. Well I am not some stupid elder who caters you crap. You should be talking to the internet boys that tell it with documents to back them up. ex Mike Church, Alex Jones...even George Noory tells us the real story. I hope you #in read this cause I just shout you off unless I'm at a airport get my balls scratched by the TSA. Quit the Nazi Party and tell us omly the truth...not what you think or beleive is truth but fact. Ron Paul is kicking the ass of these phoney Balony," Man- curion poops" canidates.. And get Carl Rove off never to come back along with Newt...Dicks.That the name of my friend penis..the Newt..lols huh....just #in dicks, you and Hannity love this # worthless crap speaker of lies about they view of the repubicans. Now there is a worthless topic... Republickins...what a out of tune ,don't no when to strike bunch of loosers...Get McCain back in there to show em how to fail and keep some kind of lying job with Lieberspam. That a real work of crap...he's a Nazi right? Jewish Nazi. Interesting... I had a scab on my butt I named after him. They are so out of tune with anything, I just can't listen to a word & Carl Rove esspecially. What a Drip of the end of the member. Good god Man!!!... What a POS. Newt is just hanging himself..oh Mr Speaker...what a jokester...BS artist. He is the most undisirable profiteer to come along and Bull# everyone with a Stink Record that will follow him to his GRAVE....his name will go down in history like yours for being a Sell Out of whats left of the trueblue American way of life. Your a sad pathic snakeoil salesman and your memory will be disscussing on you pee stone. WAKE UP DUMBASS. Get on the side of Americans like Dr. RON PAUL. Think he's crazy , well most of us in the real world think you and your are the crazy ones who cannot stop the wars and get free energy ,[ which we all know is aviable] and help the stupid free loaders get the life style that needs to be taught,[kicked into thier heads] and get them off the Gov free load plan ...unless they are Vets or really deserve our help. Sew there baby maker closed...stop breeding dip #s. Sorry got off track some there. Now....help win this election away from the Bull# PipePiper,Barry ,[SSN won't pass E-Verify], Obuma!.
Romney is thier boy picked by the NWO fellowship..obvious. Damit O'Rielly... Bill , I use to think you were what you said but your a "Stugge &,Iimp-poster". Enjoy your money cause in the next life you will pay for your actions "Bad Krama" Boy. You do know what Krama is right....I hope so.
THE End. Glad I don't listen to Fox anymore , RT news tells more that you could possible spew in a month. Or listen tor any of the radio real people,EX: Wilcow, Church, Alex , C2C, Dr Paul.
Its so sad to see you on the BS tracks... I use to look up to you....dam. Enjoy your lunch with Carl and Newt or Dinner...slap those asses in the face will ya....What a PIGs

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Can we get a law like that here in the USA? I mean, who would vote against a bill that says you can't lie in your news cast?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Read this post by charles1952 from the first page of this thread. This should be in hoax forum.

Funny part? The thread title bashes FOX news for lying yet does it itself, straight from the title.
Sad part? You got a mod here arguing his points, providing links without even reading them apparently, with each and every one of them reinforcing the negative opinion.

ATS Used to be good.
edit on 14-1-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
sorry nvmd
edit on 14-1-2012 by Littikani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Good job charles1952, you seemed to have actually had a "fair and balanced" look at this thread and found out it was a Hoax! Now whether or not the mods will move it to the hoax bin will be a good test of their character and the motives for this site.....

Although I am not a fan of FOX as I prefer alternative media, I would like to see a list or documentary. on the "lies" that FOX supposedly says. Is there such a list, besides a Utube creation?
edit on 14-1-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't know if Canada is completely banning fox news, but from my own observations (living in Canada) I noticed that our Canadian news if boring and is just about bad news or about some people doing good in the community. What i did notice is American news is far more interesting and "epic" from commercials announcing the news reports in USA when watching the American channels.

I don't tend to watch the news as much, especially after Libya united, since they were waving India flags instead of Libyan. don't want to go into it.

Whatever s going on though, I noticed Americas commercials are much more focused to the audience watching t.v. and jobs and things that they can "do" for there country. While in Canada the commercials seem much more relaxed.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
We get Fox ( and CNN, MSNBC ) from the US, we just don't have Fox Canadian.

Well ... If Canada is so tight with it's controls that it censors any news source that has inaccuracies on it's airwaves .. then it had better shut down CNN and MSNBC and it had better shut down the Canadian news sources as well ... ALL OF IT is full of inaccuracies. If they just go after FOX then that is nothing more than the left wing hitting the right and their excuse that Fox lies ... that's lame. Go after them all or else it's just see through partisan left/right bunk ..

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
All the people blindly believing the OP source without reading anything further, and then arguing the case of the source are hilarious. Chadwickus? Really broseph they fooled you too?

Pretty sad. You wanted it to be true so badly you just went ahead and assumed they were being honest to you.

Before I get spotted as the enemy, I don't care about any news source over the other. I think they all lie and push their agendas.

I just happened to read the comments below the source that quickly and obviously pointed out the lies in the source. Knowing is half the battle...
edit on 1/14/2012 by sputniksteve because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by masqua

Not quite a doppelganger, if by doppelganger you mean identical or owned by News Corp...?

UPDATED 1-12-12 @6:47 p.m. ET: Thanks to all for the lively, well-informed and thought-provoking comments. I would like to say a few things: The person who put this post up is no longer with me. After reading some of what has been said here, I followed the links through and I believe this is where the (inaccurate) assertion that News Corp. owns Sun News came from:

Check the update in the OP source...

Did your read that Chad? I will bold it for you.

What that translates to is: The person who originally put this story up got fired for misleading our audience. I actually followed the evidence this time instead of believing whatever because I hate Fox news and I think this is where the lie happened that led us to believe that Sun News was owned by News Corp. (FOX owners).

**edit**I got on a high horse for a minute here, but I should not have been up there. Chad was indeed pointing out the falsehoods of the source I just didn't see it that way. After re-reading about 100 times I saw it for what it was supposed to be.

I left it in there but wanted to clarify.

edit on 1/14/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DresdenCodex
finally!

source

something we all suspected, eh?

Canada’s Radio Act requires that “a licenser may not broadcast … any false or misleading news.”

from the article:
"Fox News will not be moving into Canada after all! The reason: Canadian regulators announced last week they would reject efforts by Canada’s right-wing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, to repeal a law that forbids lying on broadcast news."

sweet victory.

Wow, EPIC! So let me get this straight, only FoxNews lies??

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Only FOX News went to court, fought for, and won the right to tell lies and call it news.
That kind of means something.
You think that was so other channels could lie? They were just being helpful to others?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani

Only FOX News went to court, fought for, and won the right to tell lies and call it news.
You think that was so other channels could lie? They were just being helpful to others?

Might want to reread this thread and then go back to the OP's source and reread the comments and update on it. You were mislead.
edit on 1/14/2012 by sputniksteve because: then not they

Nevermind ya'll, keep arguing about how much you hate Fox news instead. I understand it is much more fun and fulfilling.

Why bother.
edit on 1/14/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani

I think I understand now, if a Conservative tells a lie it's very bad, but if a Liberal does it's totally cool?

Thanks for clarifying!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Before I get spotted as the enemy, I don't care about any news source over the other. I think they all lie and push their agendas.

Yes, thank you. That is the truth.

News organizations for decades have prided themselves on trying to form public opinion, rather than reporting the news and letting the cards fall where they fall.

Why I don't watch the news.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This thread is a testament to how good of a job they have done as well. I would say 99% of the people in this thread just assumed what the OP source was telling them was right instead of try to find out for themselves. A majority of people believe that the government and news channels wouldn't lie to them, and well a blog is a news outlet so they must not lie either.

Everyone but you is out there to lie to you, take advantage of you, and try and destroy you. The quicker you understand that the better off you are. They don't care about your well being, your financial stability, or your personal code of conduct. You are completely alone and fighting for your life at all times.

Get smart or die.

(I made up my statistic, but everyone else does it too so why not me. Probably most won't even read this line and assume I really researched it. I was trying to prove a point by doing it.)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yeah... I know this and was pointing it out, also pointing out that the blogger updated this fact too.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Yeah... I know this and was pointing it out, also pointing out that the blogger updated this fact too.

Oh sorry must be opposite day =) I'm not trying to single you out Chad, I just thought it was odd you were mislead so easily. If you tell me what you said means the opposite I will believe you, but I still don't see how your comment means that you knew it was false.

Someone said they are a dopplganger to Fox. You claimed if doppleganger means identical and owned by fox.

It certainly appears you are arguing that they are in fact owned by fox. Maybe you should edit so no one else makes the mistake I did......if it even matters to you.

By the way I don't care either way, I just wanted to point it out. I admit I think I felt superior for a second seeing something a gold member didn't see. Apparently I am just slow all around though.

I know this all sounds terribly condescending, but I don't actually mean it that way. IM not sure how to express myself in this case.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
yay not FOX lies in Canada, just keep the good and old lies.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join