It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing footage of 30 giant Japanese hornets slaughtering 30,000 tiny honeybees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Awesome. Bee's as well as hornets and wasps are vicious stinging annoyances. I wish that they would ALL become extinct. It seems that they just look for ANY reason to dive-bomb a person to sting them. Be gone, ALL of them stinging bastards!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Awesome. Bee's as well as hornets and wasps are vicious stinging annoyances. I wish that they would ALL become extinct. It seems that they just look for ANY reason to dive-bomb a person to sting them. Be gone, ALL of them stinging bastards!!

Are you a troll? or just ignorant?

Without Bees you wouldn't even BEE here to talk rubbish.

I wish that all ignorant people would go extinct.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
imagine being the beekeeper...
"what the... THEY'RE ALL DEAD!?"

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
People are wondering where
all the bees went?

This must have a huge impact
if 30 hornets can kill all them bees.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Amazing. Fascinating. Disturbing.

Thank you very much for sharing!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Are you a troll? or just ignorant?

Without Bees you wouldn't even BEE here to talk rubbish.

I wish that all ignorant people would go extinct.

You appear to be the "ignorant" one here for not 'getting it'. If you cannot sense a touch of facetiousness with a rant, then whose the actual "ignorant" one here?.

And yes, ignorant people SHOULD become extinct...

SIGH.

edit on 13-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Incredible,thanks very interesting ,how an earth did they evolve to do that? What happened? Did one day one of the bees say "look here chaps ,we can't have these bloody hornet blokes coming in here slaughtering us all ,therefore I have devised a cunning plan."
edit on 13-1-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

You sound creationist to me.

If you paid attention at the 1st video some hornet was being attacked by more than one european bee simultaneously. There was even one dead hornet on the floor. So the trait to gang up against the intruder is there.

Those colonies with a stronger ganging instict, especially against one scout, have better chances of survival. These stronger trait get preserved, the others go extinct. With time the size of the ball can only increase in dimension until it involves the colony as a whole. That's how evolution by natural selection works.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

Originally posted by tarifa37

Incredible,thanks very interesting ,how an earth did they evolve to do that? What happened? Did one day one of the bees say "look here chaps ,we can't have these bloody hornet blokes coming in here slaughtering us all ,therefore I have devised a cunning plan."
edit on 13-1-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

You sound creationist to me.

If you paid attention at the 1st video some hornet was being attacked by more than one european bee simultaneously. There was even one dead hornet on the floor. So the trait to gang up against the intruder is there.

Those colonies with a stronger ganging instict, especially against one scout, have better chances of survival. These stronger trait get preserved, the others go extinct. With time the size of the ball can only increase in dimension until it involves the colony as a whole. That's how evolution by natural selection works.

No not in the slightest, Darwin was spot on in my book. Just amazes me how they all work together to smother and heat up the hornet to death pure genius clever little critters.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
wow. not only was i amazed at how vicious they are but all i kept thinking "how the heck did they film that??!!!" beautiful footage. creepy and violent but beautiful. thanks for posting it!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have a question? Were these Japanese hornets a native of the area or were they introduced into the environment? Obviously from the video, the japanese honey bees have a defense mechanism built in for this predator, so back to my original question, where were these honey bees attacked?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
[yvid]

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Scary stuff !
Is this documentary a few years old ?
I`m sure i watched the full version here in the UK.
Fascinating .

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
we have been loosing honey bees for a while now...maybe this is why..i dont like the hornets...LOL..i wish the the other honey bees would teach the us honey bees to fight like that....this is so interesting..never new such a thing..thank you

top topics

<< 1   >>

join