It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vs. Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think the following sort of thing will have to be factored into the Israel/Iran issues.

www.howardbloom.net...

Osama bin Laden may soon have his hands on three Agosta 90B next-generation stealth submarines capable of carrying sixteen sea-to-land cruise missiles each. Those missiles can deliver atomic warheads. And Osama, I suspect, will have access to the forty nuclear warheads constructed by Pakistan.
Washington and New York, two primary targets for Al Qaeda, are near bodies of water from which these nuclear-tipped missiles can be launched. So are many other major American cities.
Here are the skeletal details:

In 1994, DCN, the government-owned company that builds France's naval vessels, agreed to help the Pakistanis build and learn to operate a rather amazing shipyard. It was a next-generation facility building next-tech, Agosta 90B stealth submarines. As of today two of these subs have been built and a third is scheduled for launch by 2006.

Each Agosta 90B is able to carry sixteen Harpoon Stand-Off Land Attack cruise missiles. According to the Pakistani Navy Captain Iftikhar Riaz Qureshi, who commanded both of these subs in their test phases, Pakistan purchased its Agosta 90Bs to provide itself with "second strike nuclear capability." Qureshi's words imply that from day one, Pakistan's intention has been to tip these missiles with atomic warheads. And guess what? Since Pakistan tested its first nuclear bomb in 1998, every nuclear device it's made has been a missile warhead.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how the globalist controllers are scheduling this WWIII thing.

I could imagine several scenarios. They could order Iran and/or North Korea to light off the festivities.

They could provoke or order Israel to strike first.

I read somewhere today some story about an estimation that Iran won't have nukes until 2012. I don't believe that. I believe Iran has a few nukes already. But such a story could be a hint that the globalists have decided to delay WWIII.

---------------------------------------------------

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
ISRAEL IN A WAR WITH IRAN DONT MAKE ME LAUGH ISRAEL IS ONLY GOOD IN A DEFENCE WAR. IF ISRAEL ATTACKED IRAN LETS SEE 60% SHIA OF IRAQ AND HOW COULD WE FORGET THE GREAT HIZBULLAH THAT SHOWED ISRAEL HOW WARFARE IS MENT TO BE FOUGHT TO ALL FANS OF ISRAEL IF YOUR HERO,S ARE SO GOOD WHY DID THEY RETREAT FROM SOUTH LEBANON IN 2000. IF IRAN IS EVEN HIT IN AN AIRSTRIKE THE NORTH OF ISRAEL WILL BE PULVARISED WITH EVERY ROCKET UNDER THE SUN. I DONT THINK I EVEN HAVE TO GO INTO WHAT IRAN CAN DO JUST AS A IRANIAN GENREAL SAID IF MY ONE GO,S THEIR ONE GO,S AND THEN THEIRS THE OIL WEAPON. AFTER THE LAST OIL CRISIS IN 73 THE HOLE WORLD HATED ISRAEL EVEN THE ONES WHO SUPPORTED IT BECAUSE OF THE CRISIS. I THINK I DONT HAVE TO SAY ANY MORE.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

My friend let me teach you something if Israel could not defeat Hezbollah with a full army force in 33 days how can it distroy Iran who is fully equiped. Israel will be wipped of the world map

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ease up on the capital letters bruh.

Originally posted by bosnianwarrior
ISRAEL IN A WAR WITH IRAN DONT MAKE ME LAUGH ISRAEL IS ONLY GOOD IN A DEFENCE WAR. IF ISRAEL ATTACKED IRAN LETS SEE 60% SHIA OF IRAQ AND HOW COULD WE FORGET THE GREAT HIZBULLAH THAT SHOWED ISRAEL HOW WARFARE IS MENT TO BE FOUGHT TO ALL FANS OF ISRAEL IF YOUR HERO,S ARE SO GOOD WHY DID THEY RETREAT FROM SOUTH LEBANON IN 2000. IF IRAN IS EVEN HIT IN AN AIRSTRIKE THE NORTH OF ISRAEL WILL BE PULVARISED WITH EVERY ROCKET UNDER THE SUN. I DONT THINK I EVEN HAVE TO GO INTO WHAT IRAN CAN DO JUST AS A IRANIAN GENREAL SAID IF MY ONE GO,S THEIR ONE GO,S AND THEN THEIRS THE OIL WEAPON. AFTER THE LAST OIL CRISIS IN 73 THE HOLE WORLD HATED ISRAEL EVEN THE ONES WHO SUPPORTED IT BECAUSE OF THE CRISIS. I THINK I DONT HAVE TO SAY ANY MORE.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sp23

a#ingmen

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by taibunsuu

males age 15-49: 12,434,810 (2004 est.)

Iran don't have the means to move this amount of people around! Iran are a defensive country, not built to attack or invade. Besides that its all about quality not quantity! Ever watched 300?

Israel couldn't possibly invade Iran. But they have the power to soften them up. They have long range missile capabilities just like Iran but they could Attack and defend better if it came to a few missile exchanges! If worst comes to worst they could also bring Iran too its knees with a few nukes.

Air superiority is key for any invading force, Israel would have that. They have some of the best fighter pilots in the world. Look back to the 1982 Lebanon War they downed 100 enemy aircraft with not one returned downing. Yep Iran have some F14's, most of them are grounded though and this is not worth discussing IMO.

I don't see any invasion happening but Israel could soften the Iran military up greatly. There soldiers are highly trained and they have some of the best special forces in the world.

There would be no outright winner, and i think no war. It would not be in both countries best interests.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by skeppo]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by skeppo]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ISRAEL would decisively defeat IRAN if there was an all-out war. Reasons:
1.Israel has more than 200 atomic devices vs Iran which may have 1 soon.Even if Iran bought nuclear devices from other rogue states, the retaliation from Israel would be the equivalent of 2,000 plus hiroshimas.
2.The 200 plus Israeli atomic devices are unstoppable by Iran i.e. up to 80 can be launched by submarines and the rest by ICBM or F-15s or F-16s
3.Israel has the world?s most advanced anti-ICBM missle umbrella which may be impenetrable by Iranian Shahib missles . Iran can only deliver their 1-2 atomic warheads by ICBMs with no other delivery capabilities.
4.Israel has a satellite system with multiple types of spy satellites which have reached the limit of possible resolution (defraction limit) generally thought to be about 10 centimeters and their satellite system is all weather. Together with their advanced UAV capabilities , this allows Israel to possess the most detailed photos and real-time imaging of all Iranian military installations .
5.The military technologic difference between Israel and Iran is wide.
Israel has about 10% of the world-wide arms export market which based solely on merit and immensely competitive. IF anything, it is nothing short of a miracle and a tremendous tribute to Israel (jewish ) expertise that they sell to so many countries which never take the side of Israel in any dispute. There are those ,who imply much of Israel?s technological edge is due to massive American aid. However, that aid also has restrained the development of Israeli military technology. American military contractors regularly and understandably, attempt to undermine Israeli sale of military technology when it is in direct competition with American contractors? efforts to sell abroad.
Israel might have double the foreign military technologic sales if the US had never blanketly prohibited Israel selling directly to PRC. This is understandable.
Iran sells nothing in world wide arms market. Their highly publicized Shahib 3 missle is nothing but a supped up version of the the 63 year old V2 Nazi ballistic missle. Israel supplies Israeli-developed military technology to most of the world?s top militaries including the USA, India, and China. China's J10 fighter is thought to be modeled on Israel?s Lavi.,the Israeli developed Jet fight.
In terms of MBTs, Israel possesses 1500 consisting entirely of the modern highly regarded Merkava. Iran has approx. 500 all obsolete models including the T 72. In front-line aircraft Israel has approximately 800 with more than 500 being upgraded F15s and F16s. Israel also possesses in air refueling capabilities. Iran has about 250 front-line combat aircraft consisting mostly of obsolete older US and Russian fighters. It has no known in air refueling capability.
Israel also is way ahead in production and use of UAVs and sells various models to many countries including Great Britain. There are other areas of military technology Israel is far more advanced than Iran.

In response to the last Lebanon war, it is clear Hezbellah was defeated but not destroyed. Militarily, all their expensive assets were pulverized, the Israeli's took over the area south of the Latani and Hezballah and their Iranian masters had to beg for peace. On top of that they've been emasculated by having foreign troops now patrolling their counrty and hence no longer sharing a border with Israel. Typical arab strategy though is to clearly lose the war but claim victory. Iran spent a lot of money having to replenish Hezbellah supplies which I'm sure weakened their economy considerably. It is a credit to Israel with the pathetic weak government they had during the war that they still came out on top. Don't count on Iran making that miscalculation again if Netanyahu gets elected which is likely.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by jhale]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

oh israel victore
Haa haa

the pussy army
they only can kill childeren
but they run from iranian lion
l is victor
my country vs iraq 8 years --- Erupe , USSR , USA support Iraq
T72 , mirag2000 , mig29 , ...... & 12000000 soliders
but they cant capture 1m
oooooooooh
israel deafet war in lobnon is 30 days vs 2000 commandos
I realy wait for That time israeal open war with iran
and they # the israel great

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In response to the above, neither Iran nor Israel would fire ICBMs at each other. ICBMs are for great distances. An ICBM from Israel or Iran would overshoot the other country by thousands of miles.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think if you took Israel and Iran and put them in a big field and let them duke it out Israel would win. They have a battle tested, high tech, good sized army with the reserves and supplies to win. Its just the issue of all the space in the middle. The US could look the other way or be "totally surprised" by an Israeli air strike like Operation Opera in to Iran, but there is no way Israel could invade Iran like we invaded Iraq.

Also on the international front, the US wouldn't risk Oil over Israel. Saudi Arabia might take money over principles and still sell us oil, but I doubt it. Israel would lose what ever non-US support it has the minute they fire the first shot.

Plus when we look at the Israel-Iran situation we see what a powder keg it is. Israel has US backing, the US has NATO and bases around the world. Iran is part of OPEC, so is Russia, Saudi Arabia, and other critical "allies". It could be World War 3.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This thread makes me laugh.None of the planes would make it. Iran has S300 and S400 from Russia. Those jets would fall down like flys from the sky.
www.spacewar.com...

RIA Novosti said the S-400 "has been designed to intercept and destroy airborne targets at a distance of up to 400 kilometers (250 miles), or twice the range of the MIM-104 Patriot, and 2.5 times that of the S-300PMU-2."

Nothing can equal that, you guys want a bunch of F16s
to just fly by.
They would be shoot down before they enter Iran.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by taibunsuu

tai, if there's one thing that history teaches us clearly, and without any doubt, it's that numbers mean nothing.

Israel would never engage in a land war with Iran. The only way land forces could possibly meet is if Iran somehow was able to engage Israel near Israeli territory.

Iran is full of military idiots.

Israel is not so burdened.

It would be by air, and what ordinance would be used will depend on the BS Iran continues to spout.

If it is nuclear conflict that Iran wishes, it is likely nuclear conflict that Iran gets.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
This thread makes me laugh.None of the planes would make it. Iran has S300 and S400 from Russia. Those jets would fall down like flys from the sky.
www.spacewar.com...

RIA Novosti said the S-400 "has been designed to intercept and destroy airborne targets at a distance of up to 400 kilometers (250 miles), or twice the range of the MIM-104 Patriot, and 2.5 times that of the S-300PMU-2."

Nothing can equal that, you guys want a bunch of F16s
to just fly by.
They would be shoot down before they enter Iran.

Think so? If you got a spare minute, how about working the Google on the internets machine and looking up something called SEAD or J-SEAD?

I doubt anyone would just fly over a country that they were at war with and not have some sort of plan.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow, in stead of sending me on goggle why don't you post it here.
I wonder how you are going to suppress something that fires before you can do anything. They are mobile platforms and can move, on a second notice they can;t get anything as in ground troops and vehicles near Iran or in Iran. I fail to see how you are going to suppress something that has that range. How are you going to drop bombs or fire missiles from the airplane if you can't get in range and fire to disable the defence.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Wow, in stead of sending me on goggle why don't you post it here.

Sorry, do your own work.

I wonder how you are going to suppress something that fires before you can do anything. They are mobile platforms and can move, on a second notice they can;t get anything as in ground troops and vehicles near Iran or in Iran. I fail to see how you are going to suppress something that has that range. How are you going to drop bombs or fire missiles from the airplane if you can't get in range and fire to disable the defence.

Oh, I don't know. NATO got a look at the S-300PMU at Trial Hammer 05. I think they might have a few ideas up their sleeves. Remember, the S-300 or 400 haven't been tested in combat yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
One thing I haven't seen discussed much is the issue of fuel. Fighter jets eat up a ton of fuel. During Operation Opera in the 90's where Israel attacked Iraq's nuclear plant the jets had to carry large unwieldy external tanks. Any long range attack to Iran would require mid flight refueling. Although they do have the capability (www.globalsecurity.org...) tankers are notoriously slow and easy targets. If Iran were able to down a few of even a large force, then Israeli operations could be greatly disrupted.

Iran has no nukes and probably won't have one for a while. Israel has some, but I doubt they would use them. Any international support would vanish with a mushroom cloud.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
israel with there superior technology would be able to disrupt and finally conquer irans military forces they may have numbers but as u saw in iraq outdated equipment just doesnt cut it these days

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join