It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my crazy neighbors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They live right next me unfortunately the economy being the way it is I can't move or I would. Their "crime" noise the constant playing of loud music although I know they're aware we object to it. How's that?
They moved in the month of June and since then I've called the police on them at least a half a dozen times and still they persist. I try to get away from it (because I know police have better things to do) but Saturday afternoon they had it on so loud at 2:30 I wound up calling the police. After the police left she came over and banged on the door and demanded to know if I was the one who callled I looked at her and didn't say anything (I didn't want to incriminate myself) as I suspect her man is dealing at the very minimum pot out of the apartment (I've seen some tenants smoking it afer visiting their apartment but am afraid of these people) She said that I was to come over at knock at her door and tell her the music is disturbing me (she has two pit bulls that she lets run all over the complex) and if I didn't she had plans for both me and my older friend Our property management is useless because they don't live here they told us the offending couple was moving so far nothing they have two other people living with them in a small under 600 sq ft apartment two dogs, constant company (one woke us up at 5:10 am because she had the wrong apartment) and are outside laughing and talking nearly every night of the week til 1:00 in the morning.! Anyway she is not bossing me around I'm old enough to be her mother!
So that's my wonderful life how about yours, anybody?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
As a wise man once said: Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever call the cops.

Learn to be a neighbor. Go over and approach the neighbors, ask them to be more courteous. Apologize for calling the cops on them and explain you'd just like to get along. Be the one beating on the door at 2am, it'll embarrass them more then the cops will. Oh, and if worse comes to worse, light a bag of # on fire on their front porch.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sounds like quite the situation

dirty ways

1) Next time you hear them really loud with music , you should walk over and throw a baggy of dope on there front porch , then go quickly and call the police and file a noise complaint. Police will come find the dope and have probable cause to search the house , hopefully finding more drugs
don't get ur finger prints on the back !

2) set up speakers and blast it right back at them see how they like it . at 2a.m when they are not partying . You are

3) get something to knock the dogs by feeding them some tainted food . Once the dogs are sleepy , Kidnap them and drop them off in a animal shelter a few states away
when they ask wha happen say i unno's

4) see if you can video them , doing drugs , and selling drugs as evidence

5) make a diary of the events

6) write them a personal letter of plea

7) keep calling the cops

eventually the police will be tired of responding and file charges. Which should get there attention.

8) hire a few bouncers , to deal with them. and have them go knock on there doors and tell them to turn it out

9) maybe u can find another location in your street thats available and far from them.

10) gas line explosion accident
j/k :p

good luck

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
you need a karate monkey..

but seriously ..it sounds like someone needs a good slap in the face.

you must know someone that will go over there and lay the smack down

tell them you know Chuck Norris

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Oh my gosh...I think your my neighbor!

Kidding...anyway I am going to have to agree...calling the police should be a last resort when dealing with the neighbors!

Face to face...man to man(man to woman, woman to woman, etc...) conversation should be the first step...and probably the most effective step.

If my neighbors called the cops on me...there would be a unrepairable grudge against them...certainly if they called the police first before talking directly to me.

I understand your frustration...but calling the cops is the last thing I would have done!

Of course that is just my opinion!
edit on 13-1-2012 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Buy a pair of ear plugs or kill their dogs, lay them on the porch with a message telling them who's next unless they keep the noise down.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
hate breeds hate. some of this advice is really bad....
leave the cops out of it, go knock on their door at 2am and be nice.

my neighbors are very wierd too. i introduced myself once, then stayed away. (I'm in the country)
someone came and burned their meth lab down (in a shed, i had no idea) obviously some kind of revenge crime they must have ripped somebody off.
but I don't care for the details.
now he's in jail, I see her tooling around in a new mustang from time to time.
i stay away from them, and so far they stay away from me.
if they are druggie neighbors you're better off staying out of their lives as much as possible, IMHO

I'm not afraid of them I just avoid conflict. and hope their friends stay away from me too.
oh, and I'm sure to fire off my shotgun even if it's just in the air, at least a few times a week. just cause.

edit on 13-1-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This happened to a friend of mine. The neighbours were ALWAYS playing loud music and having those huge mexican parties that get loud enough to wake the dead.
I told him not to call the cops so of course he did call the cops.
The cops went there and I guess they told them to shut up but they just continued the party after the cops left. So my friend called the cops again but they didn't bother going there a 2nd time.

Anyways, to make a long story short..
His car was completely ruined and 2 of his apartment windows were smashed. Which of course made him do the same thing to them but since he got the cops involved now, guess who got in trouble? guess who's in jail now.

Turns out those loud partying neighbours were drug dealers who got a pass from the cops, they could do whatever they want.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You both clearly come from different background, have different interest and all round, have a very different life style. Personally I dislike getting the police involved in minor things like this, which if approached correctly, could be sorted out after a good long chat and getting to know each other.

I know its easy for me to say this, not fully knowing the persons character and how she would behave if you approached her, given the amount of times the police have been involved and the disputes you have had..But, you always have to be the bigger person -always. You say she has 2 dogs? Maybe the best way to get to her would be away from the house? If you see her in the street just ask if you can have a chat, explain that you didnt know how to deal with asking them to quieten down due to you been a (shy?) person and that your sorry for calling the police but you feel that its the only way for them to acknowledge that they have to respect you - and not in a sense of authority but as a neighbor.

Explain that the stress that you seem to be causing them, their also equally causing as much stress for you and that finding an equilibrium in the matter at hand would be beneficial to both parties. Nobody likes the police getting involved in small domestic cases, you really do need to try find some time to talk to them or it will just get worse.

Im a marijuana smoker my self and have been approached several times due to the places iv been smoking it, I understand not everybody wants to smell this sht and i respect them the most when they talk to me like a normal person, not a 'criminal'.

Wish you the best of luck anyway lady x

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've suffered with noisy neighbours and no amount of tactful requests for a bit of peace and quiet in the early hours would persuade them to tone it down.

I've had to deal with several neighbours and without fail if you complain about noise, however reasonably, you'll get their backs up. In my experience it always made the problem worse.

People like that are very good at telling how you 'should' have dealt with them, but they know that they would just have carried on whatever you said or did.

I don't know what to suggest to help you but I do offer my sympathies. My life was ruined to the extent that I wanted to end it - lack of sleep really does do things to your mind. Sleep deprivation isn't a form of torture for nothing.

I think you need to be inventive, I didn't have anyone who could really help me, a couple of people tried but it made no difference since they took a reasonable approach in the same way I did.

I wanted to call in the heavy mob, and I might have if i knew anyone heavy. The problem is, would you really want people like that knowing where you live? And once the trouble starts, you have no control over it.

I resisted moving because I wanted to keep my home but circumstances changed and leaving became a more attractive proposition. My life improved dramatically. I couldn't have imagined that at the time I was suffering from the noise, I clung to the idea that I didn't want to lose my home because of neighbours who might be gone in a few months. Hard as it is though, moving may be your best option.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I have a simple solution for you....ear plugs...they work (if you get the right kind)...I think calling the police on your neighbors for loud music is extreme...by doing that you may be making more trouble for yourself. If they are drug sellers and they have pit bulls...I wouldn't mess with them...chances are they are gun owners too. I'm just saying.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
^ oh, you beat me too it. Didn't click fast enough.

What you don't want to do is escalate things with the neighbor. From the sounds of those people, that you live near, YOU NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL AT WHAT YOU DO. I know it may be hard. But, the more you escalate things, the more they are more likely to attack you. They sound like fighters, and you don't want light the flame to that fire.

I hate noisy neighbors too.

But, if this guys dealing out of house, then he most likely has a weapon.

Hmm, maybe I would call the drug department and tell them to keep a watch on them. And eventually, they will get themselves in trouble.

If you call the pound on them, you best be sure they be knocking on your door. So, be careful on your judgement.

I wish you the best.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by badfish420
As a wise man once said: Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever call the cops.

Learn to be a neighbor. Go over and approach the neighbors, ask them to be more courteous. Apologize for calling the cops on them and explain you'd just like to get along. Be the one beating on the door at 2am, it'll embarrass them more then the cops will. Oh, and if worse comes to worse, light a bag of # on fire on their front porch.

Are you CRAZY!!!

that will get her killed, please do not listen to this guy, Call the police every single time, call them and say they threatened you, trust me Cops will see the pitbulls and the trash these people are and take your word for it, seriously please DO NOT GO BANGING ON THEIR DOOR, they already proven they are loser and violent unreliable and scum bags.
OH WOW every response is rediculous, they have drugs, pitbulls, they are banging on this persons door, all of that is criminal!, again I repeat, call the cops every time, get a paper trail, get them kicked out!, that will do it, paper trail, restraining order, police reports.
edit on 13-1-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

OH WOW every response is rediculous

Wow...don't hold anything back...just tell us how you feel...nobody will be offended!

I am glad you came along with the only sound advise in this whole thread!

Whew...I was awaiting an expert in all things domestic to offer up professional advice on this matter!

Ridiculous because you don't agree...or think you have better advice...just ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Buy a pair of ear plugs or kill their dogs, lay them on the porch with a message telling them who's next unless they keep the noise down.

Buying a pair of ear plugs ( I agree with)...but seriously...killing their dogs...I don't agree with that at all...animal cruelty will not help the situation. The dogs have not done anything....and should not be killed.

I just can't believe you are serious about killing the dogs....and if you are....I have to wonder why.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Contact the Mayor and City Council regarding the neighbors. Check into the zoning laws, chances are even in an apartment, multiple families are not supposded to live in "single family" spaces.

You also might consider a call to the DEA hot line.

Sorry to all the stoners, doing drugs does not excuse you from considering your neighbor and not dealing out of your house (dumb) or being party animals. I doubt the poster cares about what his neighbors do, so long as it does not create stress and mess for him.

You might want to set up a camera and capture license plates of those who visit and use a camera phone when being confronted by your neighbor. Evidence is very helpful.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I once when I was much younger lived in an upstairs apartment. I worked night shift so I slept during the day. Invariably, every day about 3:30 or so..when school would get out the kid that lived downstairs would turnhis music up very very loud.

Like shaking my floors loud. I complained to the apartment manager multiple times. There was a deputy who lived in the next building over...I told him. I even asked the kids...and their parents multiple times....nothing ever stopped this kid from blasting his music

Until,.....

I went out of town one weekend.....

I myself owned a quit powerful stereo system, but played it low out of respect to others. Before I left that weekend, I went to the music store..this was way before iTunes...and bought a Slim Whitman album. The vinyl kind. I took my speakers, which were pretty big and laid them on the floor facing down. I put on Slim Whitman, turned the volume way up, and left. I was using a turn table to play the album which would repeat the album every time the side ended.

If you aren't familiar with Slim...he was an old country music star...and I use the star term loosely there. The music sucked!
Now I don't know how long the music played before the needle on the turntable built up too much dust from the vinyl and stopped playing.....if you don't know what I'm talking about...Google
vinyl records...lol, but it had the intended effect.

I never once after that had any issues with the guy playing his music and waking me up during the day time....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thank you all for your suggestions I will consider everything seriously except for two unfortunately as much as I would like to I really can't afford to move, and I would never kill an animal unless it was a complete and total neessisty as in self defense in other words it would have to be something of that nature. I do like dogs but they let their dogs run lose in the complex and don't pick up after them, and then keep them in the bathroom if they're "doing" anything possibly because they don't want the dogs getting high to. As to the people who are living withem forgot to mention they used to live on the other side of us and were court ordered evicted. We told our "management" who manage to collect the rent and they said it was taken care of and the dudes still over there with a new girl friend also.
so you an see we have no "management" either on or off the property.

top topics

join