It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Lies From Iran...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
IAEA Preparing to Send Delegation to Iran

english.farsnews.com...

It looks like the IAEA is planning a visit to Iran from January 28th - February 1st (?)

So, what does Iran have to say about the IAEA?

Tehran has repeatedly said that it considers its nuclear case closed as it has come clean of IAEA's questions and suspicions about its past nuclear activities.

A 2008 report of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) by the then Director-General, Mohamed ElBaradei, thanked Iran's honest cooperation in removing ambiguities about its past activities and confirmed that Iran has answered all the six outstanding questions of the world body about the nuclear material and activities that it had had in the past.

Really?? I looked up that 2008 report and here's what it says:

www.iaea.org...

Q: What does Iran need to do so the IAEA can optimally monitor its nuclear programme?

ELBARADEI: In addition to our work, to clarify Iran´s past nuclear activities, we have to make sure, naturally, that Iran´s current activities are also exclusively for peace purposes and for that we have been asking Iran to conclude the so called Additional Protocol, which gives us the additional authority to visit places, additional authority to have additional documents, to be able to provide assurance, not only that Iran´s declared activities are for peaceful purposes but that there are no undeclared nuclear activities. On that score, Iran in the last few months has provided us with visits to many places, that enable us to have a clearer picture of Iran´s current programme. However, that is not, in my view, sufficient. We need Iran to implement the Additional Protocol. We need to have that authority as a matter of law. That, I think, is a key for us to start being able to build progress in providing assurance that Iran´s past and current programmes are exclusively for peaceful purposes. So we have the Protocol issue and we have the weaponization, alleged weaponization studies.

What else does Iran have to say?

The US attempt to push for stronger Security Council sanctions has been undermined by the country's own national intelligence estimate, published in late 2007, which said Iran is not pursuing a weapons program. Washington's push for additional UN penalties also contradicts reports by the former IAEA Director-General ElBaradei - including a report in November 2007 and the other one in February 2008 - which praised Iran's truthfulness about key aspects of its past nuclear activities and announced settlement of outstanding issues with Tehran.

Now, let's take a look at a few excerpts from the report dated November 2007 that Iran wants to bring to light.

www.iaea.org...

43. In addition, Iran needs to continue to build confidence about the scope and nature of its present programme. Confidence in the exclusively peaceful nature of Iran’s nuclear programme requires that the Agency be able to provide assurances not only regarding declared nuclear material, but, equally importantly, regarding the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran. Although the Agency has no concrete information, other than that addressed through the work plan, about possible current undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran, the Agency is not in a position to provide credible assurances about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran without full implementation of the Additional Protocol. This is especially important in the light of Iran’s undeclared activities for almost two decades and the need to restore confidence in the exclusively peaceful nature of its nuclear programme. Therefore, the Director General again urges Iran to implement the Additional Protocol at the earliest possible date. T

And the highlight of the article from the Iranian Fars News Agency linked above...

The UN nuclear watchdog has also carried out frequent surprise inspections of Iran's nuclear sites so far, but found nothing to support the West's allegations.

So, when the Mehr news agency reported that the Iranian nuclear scientist that was killed on Wednesday had just met with inspectors from the IAEA just a few days prior...was that a surprise visit that went terribly wrong???

The Mehr also reported that Ahmadi-Roshan had met with International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors a few days before he was assassinated.

www.tehrantimes.com...

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I don't see how the content you posted suits your thread title.

Perhaps I missed it, but please show where this is proof of "More Lies From Iran"?

I truly apologize for asking you to do this but I just can't find it.

Thanks.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Oh lordy, Iran may or may not be making nukes. Lets send more American kids to die over there at once so that Israel can be safe. I don't think her stockpile of nukes will deter any attacks.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You know ..

A simple "Iran is bad and must be bombed" would have sufficed.

What was the thread about again ?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
please show where this is proof of "More Lies From Iran"?.

I see it .. it's more of a misleading and speaking out both sides of it's mouth kinda thing.

Iran is going to do whatever Iran wants .. and it'll say whatever it wants to say to get their agenda done. Most every country in the world tries to do that, but for some reason the countries in the West get nailed for it and get called 'intolerant' or some other PC label ... but others get a free pass.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I see it .. it's more of a misleading and speaking out both sides of it's mouth kinda thing.

Both sides of the mouth kinda thing...... Ya , I see it too, if you move this word over here , take this outta context, then misquote that sentence, add a little biased opinion, throw in a little personal hatred , ..there it is, More Lies

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yep according to you Iran has lied yet again.

Do you also think Iran lied when it said a few days ago that the USA and Israel has murdered one of its nuclear energy scientist? I dont think that they lied .
I bet you also think that the USA and Israel should be the only countries to have nuclear capabilities too as they are the only nations that dont tell lies.
edit on 13-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: Israel made me change it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Maybe a link to ALL of the IAEA reports will help a few of you. There's even responses from Iran included.

www.iaea.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Iran is going to do whatever Iran wants .. and it'll say whatever it wants to say to get their agenda done. Most every country in the world tries to do that, but for some reason the countries in the West get nailed for it and get called 'intolerant' or some other PC label ... but others get a free pass.

Iran is doing what Iran wants within it's own borders and leaving other countries alone. You say countries in the West are "being nailed for it" but it's Iran who is under constant threat of war and sanctions. What logic are you using to arrive to the conclusion that Iran is getting a free pass in the tolerance department?

Honest question BTW^

The West has had a free pass since after WW2.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Looks like a case of Islamophobia.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I have all those links, please highlight some content from these reports that proves Iranian lies. There are several lies in the recent IAEA report, but it's not Iran doing the lying.

Once you show me one Iranian lie from that report I will then show you two lies from the IAEA. Does that sound fair? You started it so you go first

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I'm only going to post information and let everyone decide for themselves who is lying. I have my opinion and you have yours. Neither one of us has enough information to make a formal judgement, but unlike you, I consider withholding information lying.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I consider false accusations from the IAEA based on outdated information that was already known to be incorrect lying so I guess we may not agree on the situation. As for Iran withholding information, they never started doing this until unfair sanctions were put in place while they were still following NPT protocol.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I consider false accusations from the IAEA based on outdated information that was already known to be incorrect lying so I guess we may not agree on the situation. As for Iran withholding information, they never started doing this until unfair sanctions were put in place while they were still following NPT protocol.

So Iran were not performing undisclosed nuclear work for nearly 20 years before the IAEA busted them in 2003? That is a pretty serious breach of the NPT - a treaty that they're supposedly following like good little angels. When the UN demanded they stop their uranium enrichment work (which they had never declared by the way, in direct violation of the NPT....) they threw a tantrum

I'm not just bashing Iran. Just pointing out that they're not all innocent and squeaky clean either. I trust the leadership of Iran, the US and Israel all about the same, i.e. not very much!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Economic sanctions, threats of war, neighboring invasions, drones buzzing overhead, intelligence operatives running around doing god knows what, and a US fleet sitting off your coast is hardly a 'free pass'. Holding the alleged moral high ground precludes a certain responsibility especially if you're planning on killing people to keep it, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
Do you also think Iran lied when it said a few days ago that the USA and Israel has murdered one of its nuclear energy scientist? I dont think that they lied .

They gave no proof that it was the USA or Israel ... they just used the 'hit' as a major propaganda piece. Which begs the question ... since Iran has a habit of killing off it's own people that it has no use for anymore, why not point fingers right back at IRAN for the hit?? It certainly fit's their M.O.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Iran is doing what Iran wants within it's own borders and leaving other countries alone.

Iran in Cyber War Against USA From Latin America

Iran - We Export Terror

Iran Sponsors Terrorist in Lebanon.

Wikileaks NY Times - Iran Armed by North Korea - thus supporting repressive N.K. regime

Tuscon News - Iranian Plan to Bring Terror Across US/Mexico Border

Iranian Book Celebrating Suicide Bombers Found in Arizona Desert by Border Patrol

Iran's Proxy War (In Iraq) Continues

Iran's Proxy War from Gaza

Iran's Proxy War Against the USA

Bloomberg - Ahmadinejad Woos Chavez-Led Allies as He Hunts Influence in U.S. Backyard

ETC ETC ETC ETC

What logic are you using to arrive to the conclusion that Iran is getting a free pass in the tolerance department?

What logic are you using to arrive to the conclusion that Iran is leaving other countries alone?
edit on 1/13/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed

They gave no proof that it was the USA or Israel ... they just used the 'hit' as a major propaganda piece. Which begs the question ... since Iran has a habit of killing off it's own people that it has no use for anymore, why not point fingers right back at IRAN for the hit?? It certainly fit's their M.O.

FlyersFan, I'm with you on this one. I have a hard time believing that the Mossad would use a motorcycle in broad daylight to attach a bomb to a car in order to get rid of a scientist. In fact, one of the reader comments made by an Iranian to one of these articles stated that Ahmadinejad didn't care for Iran's Intelligence Minister and would probably do such a thing to prove that he wasn't capable of performing his job duties.

Heck, I'm more apt to believe Chavez when he claimed that the U.S. might have given him cancer over this one! LOL!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

In fact, Heydar Moslehi was the one that Ahmadinejad fired and Khamenei reinstated back in April causing Ahmadinejad to pout and refuse to leave his home for 10 days.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join