It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we sure Mitt Romney is eligible to be President?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is Republican Presidential Candidate Governor Mitt Romney eligible or ineligible to be a U.S. President?
einhornpress.com...

Are we sure Mitt Romney is eligible to be President?

Mitt Romneys father is not a natural born Citizen. Is Mitt Qualified to be president
Mitt Romney's father was not a US citizen at the time of Mitt Romney's birth according to a supreme court ruling in 1875.

www.sodahead.com...

According to Mexican Law, Since Mitt’s father was born in Mexico…Mitt Romney is a Mexican National

Both his father and Grandfather were born in Mexico and there seems to be no record of Naturalization for Mitts father. Mitts father ran for President in 1968 and the “Natural Born Citizen” question was a controversy at the time.

Still don't believe me? Well here is FOX summing it up.

Geraldo Rivera: ¡El padre de Romney es de Mexico! Who Knew?

In 1884, 138 years ago, the candidate’s great grandfather Miles Parker Romney and about 40 other relatives fled to Mexico from Utah. Great-Grandpa Miles had four wives and they were running from anti-polygamy laws passed just two years earlier making multiple marriages a felony. Miles would marry his 5th wife in 1890 in Mexico. In that regard Miles lagged far behind his father, Mitt’s great, great, grandfather who had 12 wives, according to those reports.

So when and why did the family return to the United States?

In 1912, fleeing the chaos of the Pancho Villa chapter of the Mexican Revolution, Miles son, Mitt Romney’s grandfather Gaskell Romney, born in Mexico, led his family to their new home in Michigan. Gaskell’s family entourage included his son George Romney (Mitt Romney's Father)

Read more: latino.foxnews.com...

So many questions…His father born in Mexico, Mitt Romney a Mexican National, no record of Mitt’s father ever applying for US citizenship…was Mitt an “Anchor Baby”?...probably not since that law did not exist then.

So ATSers….what do you think?

If you contend that it takes only one parent born in the USA and a US Citizen then he is eligible.

But by the definitions that many…ahem..conservative leaning “eligibility” questioners ...employ for eligibility, Romney’s father was born in Mexico, was a Mexican national, has no record that has been found of applying for US citizenship, and Romney himself has dual citizenship, being a Mexican national according to their law since he was born to a Mexican National.

It sure does explain this from last April...

Get real, Trump: Romney wades into Obama citizenship row to dismiss 'birther' conspiracy
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 13-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I will be interested in the opinions of those well versed in the "Birther" or "Eligibility" debate...

Romneys father..born Mexico..Mexican National, no documents found showing he applied for US Citizneship.
Romney's grandffather...born Mexico...Mexican National, but also potentially US Citizen since his father..
Miles (Romney's G-Grandfather) was born in the USA??

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
S&F interesting thread!

Im British but although not directly affecting me I would really like to see Dr Paul win I think he would have a good effect on the entire world not just America!

That said It would be really good if this smears Romneys Campaign!

As for weather dual citizens ship is concerned I personally think he should have full US citizen ship.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
One thing is clear, Orly Taitz, the Queen of the birther movement, has filed multiple legal arguments that if found valid, would immediately disqualify Mitt Romney as a candidate for President.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Based on the above information, it would appear that Mitt does NOT meet the requirements to qualify for POTUS.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Found this in the NY TImes concerning Mitt's Father when he ran in 1968
Celler Suggests G.O.P. Name Group to Investigate Romney's Eligibility
By EARL CALDWELL
May 15, 1967,
Section , Page 27,
[ DISPLAYING ABSTRACT ]

Representative Emanuel Celler expressed "serious doubts" yesterday as to whether Gov George Romney of Michigan is eligible for the Presidency.

select.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Catching up with Romney's Mexican cousins

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Where was Mitt born, and can he prove it? that is all.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Everything I see shows Romney being born in Detroit, Michigan.

Being that the two requirements to become President is attaining the age of 35 and being a natural born citizen, ALL candidates should have to produce Birth Certificates.

No exceptions.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Everything I see shows Romney being born in Detroit, Michigan.

Please link me to a birth certificate, mind you, not a "certificate of birth"..I'd like to take a look at what I expect to be the forged, digitized, fraudlant online fakery.

Being that the two requirements to become President is attaining the age of 35 and being a natural born citizen, ALL candidates should have to produce Birth Certificates.

No exceptions.

And that is the tricky part.....Definition of a natural born citizen?
Simply being born on US Soil? Or to two American Citizens?
Must the parents have been born here?
Can a "Natural Born Citizen" have dual nationality?
Can the candidates parents have dual nationality?

His father was a Mexican National, having been born there...I have searched Ancestry.com looking for his Naturalization records prior to Romney's birth...zip.So there seems to be some questions as to his fathers citizenship status...I linked to a NYT article above from 1967 showing the same.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Dude, I want EVERY candidate, including Romney, and especially Obama to show their birth certificates.

Being born in the United States is good enough for me....I don't care where your parents are from (unless they came here illegally).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Being born in the United States is good enough for me....I don't care where your parents are from (unless they came here illegally).

And that might have been the case with Romney's father...2nd generation Mexican with no record thus far of naturalization. He could have easily slipped under the radar back then.

If a record of Romney's father being naturalized does turn up, was it before Romney was born?....If not then was Romney himself an illegal immigrant? We need to find out if his father ever proved he was an American Citizen and when that occured. Lot's of questions here..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Hilarious. I'm surprised Mittens hasn't came out in defense of Obama about this whole birther fiasco knowing that, if Obama gets nabbed for this, he's next.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Obama has produced his birth certificate. It is easily assessible information on the web.

X

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuervo
reply to post by Indigo5

Hilarious. I'm surprised Mittens hasn't came out in defense of Obama about this whole birther fiasco knowing that, if Obama gets nabbed for this, he's next.

Oh...He has, and no one understood why until now..Here he is in April of last year..

Get real, Trump: Romney wades into Obama citizenship row to dismiss 'birther' conspiracy
www.dailymail.co.uk...

And again here back in April 2011

Romney blasts Trump’s birther focus
hotair.com...

Things start to make sense

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The only reason you're bringing this up is because you're clearly a racist. You act like you concerned about the constitution and laws but you really hate him because of the color of his skin. admit it!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
reply to post by Indigo5

The only reason you're bringing this up is because you're clearly a racist. You act like you concerned about the constitution and laws but you really hate him because of the color of his skin. admit it!

Some of my best friends are Mormon-Mexican-Americans! How dare you call me racist!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Here we go again , looks like he's going to be the next president , bummer

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good response. Well played.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My thinking is that absolutely nothing will come of this. True or not. I have been convinced that since the first debate of this election season, that Mitt Romney would be chosen by the GOP to be their candidate and it seems that is coming true.

Would I like to see Romney become ineligible? Yes. Will he? I truly doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join