It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My uploaded kindle book looked so bad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I uploaded my book to Amazon kindle to see what it would look like. The colour cover was grey and all the text was out of sink; half of pages on and off. Not at all as I wrote it and saved on word.

For example, this thread would be all broken into bits and pieces and would need editing.

How can I make it look better? Any tips much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ok. i changed the format as a webpage filtered and that has helped..a little. still not so good. hmm.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

It sounds like you have possibly wandered into the murky waters of proprietary document formats and conversion between said formats. According to wiki:

The fourth generation Kindle, Kindle Touch and Kindle Touch 3G are able to display Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, and PRC files natively.

Amazon offers an email-based service that will convert JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP graphics to AZW.[78] Amazon will also convert HTML pages and Microsoft Word (DOC) documents through the same email-based mechanism, which will send a Kindle-formatted file to the device via 3G for $0.15 per MB or via WiFi for free. These services can be accessed by sending emails to "kindleusername"@kindle.com and to "kindleusername"@free.kindle.com for Whispernet-delivered and WiFi-delivered file conversion, respectively — and are available to true Kindle devices, Apple IOS devices running Kindle app version 2.9 or greater and not to other devices running the Kindle application (i.e., android, etc.).

Source

edit on 13/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Work around for board quoting

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thank you for that. so are they charging to make it readable?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
your best bet is to create your book using an html editor. There are free, open source editors out there that are good and easy to learn, such as Komposser.

Then, download the KindleGen.exe file from Amazon to reformat your completed .html to .mobi

To change to other formats such as .epub to allow you to sell on other services such as Barnes and Noble you can use another free, open source software titles "Calibre".

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Thank you, I shall check that out.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I seriously have no idea what im doing. html..ugg. I want to upload my book,but it looks sucky on the kindle preview.

new topics

top topics

join