It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporters Hack Twitter Accounts to SPAM Fake Support

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

How do you know it was Ron Paul supporters?

Someone hacked the accounts is true, but tweeting showing support for Ron Paul does not mean the hacker was a RP supporter. Can you admit that this might be true?

What is the point of your post? You've cited no evidence that it really was a Ron Paul supporter(s) who did this.

Can you imagine if this were 2008 and someone hacked a twitter account of someone and tweeted support for Obama? Would the news article have stated that Obama supporters hacked the account of such and such? Nah, I think they would have probably tried to have linked the hacking attempt to a republican group trying to make Obama look bad.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

On the investigation, does the "hackee" initiate or request an investigation? I have no idea. But if they do, perhaps we'll hear more about it in the next few days.

reply to post by Freenrgy2

If you read my posts in this thread, you'll see the answers to your questions.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
They are so stupid!

They should have hacked Oprah!!! I don't even know who Rise against or Nicole Scherzinger are!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by squidboy

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

On the investigation, does the "hackee" initiate or request an investigation? I have no idea. But if they do, perhaps we'll hear more about it in the next few days.

reply to post by Freenrgy2

If you read my posts in this thread, you'll see the answers to your questions.

I will. I only read the OP and answered.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I could actually stand Ron Paul, if it wasn't for his supporters.

Sure he is a bit kooky, and his foreign policy would be a disaster, but mainly I could never align myself with him because of his cult-like supporters.

They are pretty creepy.

You should see his video where he is having breakfast with some voters in SC. He tells a story about being in northern Pakistan and how even though both sides were fighting across the border, there was a secret tunnel where both sides met and had a bazaar. So, even though on the surface people were killing each other, trade still continued peacefully.

His supporters are not creepy.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There's one poster who post in every Ron Paul thread & either attacks strawmen, or informs us of something we already know. He supports Obama but never defends Obama in the threads made against, because there's nothing TO defend. Quite pathetic actually.

As for the hackers, they deserve to be denounced & reprimanded for pulling this nonsense. I'm perplexed how anyone could think they're doing a service to their candidate by hacking other peoples twitter accounts. Makes absolutely no sense. We might find out they were really not Ron Paul supporters; perhaps they are --- but regardless they should be given no real attention. This does not reflect on the majority of Ron Paul or his support.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Love conspiracies.

Too bad its just a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Jerk, making all Paul supports looking like fanatics. This doesn't help the cause man. Hope Paul calls this guys out!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Whatever happened to "Deny Ignorance?" Of course Dr. Paul has supporters capable of doing this, but come on why would they? Do you think they are stupid enough to want bad PRESS? I think this is a set up. Politics is dirty business and going after supporters is B.S.

When they are found out and found guilty in a court of law, I'll buy it. Until then I can only assume this is a lame attempt to make Paul's supporters look bad.

I'm sure Romney's got enough $ to hire someone capable of doing this, too.

Quit believing everything you read, people.
edit on 1/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling error

edit on 1/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

You're not voting for him because of the actions of a few of his supporters.

So if I were to show you that a few Rick Perry supporters had rape charges, would you not vote for him? Or what if some Santorum or Gingrich supporters were convicted murderers? That's much worse than hacking some twitter accounts.

What planet are you from? The land of "Grasp-At-Straws-To-Discredit-Ron-Paul-And-Make-Pathetic-Attempts-To-Dissuade-People-From-Voting-For-Him"? This is actually enough to make you not vote for somebody? You'll completely disregard a candidates political platform, and instead base your decision on whether or not you will vote for them on the actions of a few of his supporters?

edit on 13-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree with you B.H. and thank you for the thread..I really have come to the conclusion that many of these supporters must be on his payroll, who else would spend this amount of time bombarding everyone with these redundant threads..instead of adding their comments to an ongoing thread..I like to start my ATS journey at the New Topics board so of course I see them..I don't ever go to the political forums..one thing I know for sure..I will NOT be voting for Ron Paul..and his (Overzealous) supporters are the main reason, they are creepy and if you don't agree with them..well you're not a true American or some other B.S.

he will become the status quo..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-1-2012 by itscocobaby because: changes

edit on 13-1-2012 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The desperate and obvious attempts at subterfuge of RP in this thread are disgusting.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
When they started swamping polls to skew results as a collective, all RP fanatics were cheering so this should be no shock to anyone.
Everywhere you go they cheer a dirty tactic they use yet cry like babies when put under fire. This forum is full of examples and the rest of the internet is a teaming cesspool of their outright fanaticism. Ron Paul has a dress code at rallys and a "hide your tattoos" policy, he better start implementing it on the internet but it is way too late for that.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If you will not vote for Ron Paul because of "Ron Paul supporters" please do not vote as you lack the critical thinking ability to cast an intelligent vote. At least come up with a really bad reason like he's too old or he's an isolationist. At least then you only reveal your ignorance, whereas now you are revealing your ignorance AND your stupidity.

Fail thread is fail.
Matter of fact, this thread should be reported to the mods for being a troll thread, seeing how no honest person would blame ron paul supporters without having any facts to back it up.

edit on 14-1-2012 by Gigatronix because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2012 by Gigatronix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't believe it. The Ron Paul supporters I know are too busy using their OWN accounts to spread the message.

False flag or a lone nutjob. Certainly don't think it was any campaign effort or conspiracy of supporters.

Doesn't even seem worth talking about to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Why oh why would anyone ever suspect that other people might want to pretend to be Ron Paul supporters?

Who’s Really Behind Anti-Huntsman “Manchurian Candidate” Video?

Who is responsible for a YouTube video that paints Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman as “The Manchurian Candidate”? On the basis of rather scant evidence, Huntsman was quick to finger supporters of rival candidate Ron Paul. Since then, however, further evidence has called Huntsman’s rush to judgment into serious question, with some observers even suggesting that Huntsman himself — or his daughters, who have been involved in some rather odd videos before — may have uploaded the thing in an effort to garner sympathy and, in turn, votes.

You mean..? No! It can't be!! People would actually attempt to FAKE being Ron Paul supporters in an attempt to cost him votes?! This is madness!!!

-end of sarcasm-

There is absolutely no reason to believe this was Ron Paul supporters. The simple truth is that we don't need to fake any endorsements. They're rolling in so quickly it's hard to keep up with them! Seriously. The only people pulling shenanigans like this are other campaigns against Dr. Paul.

edit on 14-1-2012 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It MAY seem like a "dis-service" to Ron Paul and can be used against him in the MSM... but SOO many young Americans who DO NOT watch the news and are social-media freaks, will see these twitter posts... immediately Google "Ron Paul" and go from there.

It's criminal and illegal but.. those few people have MILLIONS of followers. That's huge.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Why oh why would anyone ever suspect that other people might want to pretend to be Ron Paul supporters?

Who’s Really Behind Anti-Huntsman “Manchurian Candidate” Video?

Who is responsible for a YouTube video that paints Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman as “The Manchurian Candidate”? On the basis of rather scant evidence, Huntsman was quick to finger supporters of rival candidate Ron Paul. Since then, however, further evidence has called Huntsman’s rush to judgment into serious question, with some observers even suggesting that Huntsman himself — or his daughters, who have been involved in some rather odd videos before — may have uploaded the thing in an effort to garner sympathy and, in turn, votes.

You mean..? No! It can't be!! People would actually attempt to FAKE being Ron Paul supporters in an attempt to cost him votes?! This is madness!!!

-end of sarcasm-

There is absolutely no reason to believe this was Ron Paul supporters. The simple truth is that we don't need to fake any endorsements. They're rolling in so quickly it's hard to keep up with them! Seriously. The only people pulling shenanigans like this are other campaigns against Dr. Paul.

edit on 14-1-2012 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

My. God.

WHAT a country. This is outrageous... Who has THAT much hate for a person? Oh.. I dunno.. Someone getting paid BIG by an "unknown" source.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Subterfuge

Noun
subterfuge (countable and uncountable; plural subterfuges)
(countable) An indirect or deceptive device or stratagem; a blind. Refers especially to war and politics.
Japanese subterfuge in World War II caused the Americans to lose the battle.
(uncountable) Deception; misrepresentation of the true nature of an activity.

en.wiktionary.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join