It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three arrested for ‘felony conspiracy’ – over a simple mic check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This video is hilarious....yes, 3 people were arrested for "felony conspiracy" for voicing their opinion when the Mayor was speaking, but the funniest part of the video is that the Mayor comes out to AC/DC's song "Hell's Bells"...hilarious...Is that the new theme song for TPTB???

So, are these people guilty of felony conspiracy?...It does seem a little harsh...I don't think they should be guilty of a felony for something of this nature. The charges may be an attempt to keep others from doing the same types of acts.

freakoutnation.com...

Three members, Mike, Chris and Tara, of Occupy San Diego were arrested for felony conspiracy when they mic checked the Mayor. No, really.

A significant increase of officials morphing the laws to better suit the Powers that Be is running rampant throughout America. These three ‘felons’ committed the dastardly act of Free Speech, which is clearly a danger to the public at large. (Hide your children!)

What is felony conspiracy you ask?

PENAL CODESECTION 182-185182. (a) If two or more persons conspire:
(1) To commit any crime.
(2) Falsely and maliciously to indict another for any crime, or to
procure another to be charged or arrested for any crime.
(3) Falsely to move or maintain any suit, action, or proceeding.
(4) To cheat and defraud any person of any property, by any means
which are in themselves criminal, or to obtain money or property by
false pretenses or by false promises with fraudulent intent not to
perform those promises.
(5) To commit any act injurious to the public health, to public
morals, or to pervert or obstruct justice, or the due administration
of the laws.
(6) To commit any crime against the person of the President or
Vice President of the United States, the Governor of any state or
territory, any United States justice or judge, or the secretary of
any of the executive departments of the United States.

There is nothing of a felonious nature committed in the video.

183. No conspiracies, other than those enumerated in the preceding
section, are punishable criminally.

Encompassing our politics is a significant prevalence of money. Those pimping for politicians and corporations are obviously rattled and they should be. This isn’t over.

edit on 13-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What's even funnier is that no one is taking these mic check outbursts seriously any longer. The arrest and charges were the best way to flush the roaches out of the cracks. The laughter from the crowd is overwhelming.

What happened off camera prior to the footage of these folks being whisked away in cuffs?

The charges won't hold up and will most likely be reduced or dismissed.

The Occupy Star is rapidly burning out...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I googled this......apparently it has not hit MSM yet.
Found 2 other links, with the same text.

I fail to see how this could be a felony conspiracy - it called heckling.

I'd be interested to see what charges they are brought up on.

Public disturbance?
Resisting arrest? I could see as possibilities, but conspiracy.....no way.

Its Freedom of Speech.....somebody call the ACLU!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Let's take a look at that list:

(1) To commit any crime.

So it's a crime to conspire with others to commit a crime. Who hasn't talked with a friend about how they would go about robbing a bank? Or how to commit the perfect murder? Who has never been involved in an idle conversation like that?

(2) Falsely and maliciously to indict another for any crime, or to
procure another to be charged or arrested for any crime.

Is there any prosecuter in America that isn't guilty of this? Prosecuters routinely charge people with numerous crimes that they know won't stick, as an attempt to get them to plead to a lesser charge.

(3) Falsely to move or maintain any suit, action, or proceeding.

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'd be willing to bet that almost all insurance companies are guilty of this.

(4) To cheat and defraud any person of any property, by any means
which are in themselves criminal, or to obtain money or property by
false pretenses or by false promises with fraudulent intent not to
perform those promises.

Bank of America, and probably every other big bank.

(5) To commit any act injurious to the public health, to public
morals, or to pervert or obstruct justice, or the due administration
of the laws.

That would be almost everyone in the Bush administration.

(6) To commit any crime against the person of the President or
Vice President of the United States, the Governor of any state or
territory, any United States justice or judge, or the secretary of
any of the executive departments of the United States.

Wouldn't this be covered by (1) ? If you conspired to commit a crime, why should it make a difference if your target was the President or Joe the Plumber? (6) is just redundant.

The problem is, only prosecuters can bring criminal charges. Prosecuters are generally reluctant to charge government officials with crimes when they wouldn't think twice about charging a member of the general public with a crime for commiting the same action. In this case, for instance, the officers arresting the hecklers here could be charged with felony conspiracy under sections (1), (2), and (5).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

think you need to read the NDAA2012 act, part Sub Sec D 1021 1022, for now they have been charge d with one act they can now be charged with the other. can you say , off to GIT MO.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
it's instances like this that show how the govt will use all the new 'bills', 'acts', or whatever one would like to call them. the wording of these 'new tools for stopping the terrorist' is delibertly all encompassing. 'they' will use these 'bills/acts' to go after people that are too vocal in thier opposition....and it doesn't matter what side you are on..remember 'you are either with us or the terrorists.'

happy 2012 everybody!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here's a youtube clip showing a similar arrest. They don't however tell the arrested what they are charged with. Don't see anyone being read their rights either. Not sure if that is up to code.

edit on 13/1/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I highly doubt it....it morphs according to circumstance....and it will NOT be going away before everything changes for We the People....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

haven't you heard?....we have no more rights....the NDAA just wiped out the Constitution....I wonder if his family will ever see him again???

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

these arrests are just testing out their newly minted authority to disregard the Constitution.....I predict a lot more of this....mostly aimed at the Occupy Movement....just taking these new atrocities for a few "test drives", to see how We the People handle it.....the boiling frog theory....but, they don't fool anyone...and Occupy morphs too.....I also predict we havent' seen the best of Occupy yet....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The outburst was of course silly and nothing more than a disruption of the mayor's speech, but charging them with conspiracy is over the top in my view. I'm not sure what the Occupiers were trying to achieve other than disrupt the Establishment.
I may not agree with some of their positions but I do believe in the right to dissent against govt.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
finally... they are putting the hammer down on the occupy criminals.

problem is obstruction of justice only gets you a slap on the wrist.

this will probably get dropped down to a plea misdamenaor.

they just need to lock them up for ten years and no more protests

simple as that... how disrespectful and disgusting.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
finally... they are putting the hammer down on the occupy criminals.

problem is obstruction of justice only gets you a slap on the wrist.

this will probably get dropped down to a plea misdamenaor.

they just need to lock them up for ten years and no more protests

simple as that... how disrespectful and disgusting.

They were obstructing justice? HOW???
They were simply being irritating at a "Mayoral speech" that is not obstrocting justice to the best of my knowledge (And I pdobably know more criminal law than you since I am grown up around cops and mayors, family members)

Some people are what your last line states, but it's not the occupiers, canyou guess whom I am referring to? here;s a clue, get a mirror.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ever been in a courthouse library? With all those law books in there; everyone is guilty of something.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Uh the charges will be dropped if true.

If they are still charged, i would like to see what evidence they have for 'felony conspiracy.' charge.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Don't see anyone being read their rights either. Not sure if that is up to code.

Actually the whole rights being read is a misconception, Miranda rights only HAVE to be read to somebody after they have been detained/arrested and only before an interrogation.

Unfortunately I'm at work right now and can't watch the videos, but I have seen enough others to make an educated guess at how it turns out.

Whether or not we agree with the occupy protestors, the actions law enforcement have been taking against them to quiet dissent is deplorable.

I may not agree with every/anything they may be protesting about, but it is their right, and I will support that no matter what.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Meh, I don't really even like what the occupy movement has become, but my god.... This video makes me sick. These people were silenced.They were removed for practicing free speech.

The audience laughing and applauding, shows to me, that we really are a dying country. We are dying with a big stupid grin on our face and we don't even see it.

"Yeah! Remove those losers for wanting to practice their rights!"

Just disgusting.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Why the F would that old man come out the tune of AC/DC's "Hells Bells"? Now if this Major is an AC/DC fan than my apologies, but I'm thinking its okay to assume he is not a fan of rock n roll music
. Its a shame those people were arrested. I hope things change for the better

top topics

join