It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. may seek sanctions on Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
April 14 � U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Monday accused Syria of testing chemical weapons and allowing Iraqi officials to flee into Syrian territory. Secretary of State Colin Powell said the United States would explore imposing sanctions on Syria. European leaders, meanwhile, urged Washington to tone down its rhetoric and stressed the need for dialogue with Damascus....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Get real Mr. President. Wake up, the world is lurking in the sheets with the enemy. Your own people are in those sheets. Your cabinet, and your family. They are all players in the game of cut throat tactical domination in the guise of evil. Take off your mask and show us your true face once and for all. You Robots. You are not human. Programed and dangerous. Ruthless and in power.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
They say, say, say, say, say, say, say, but do they actually have evidence to back up all these accusations?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Your right Abraham, sanctions probably wont work, what we need to do is go into Syria and flush out the remaining Iraqi officals hiding there, and liberate some more people. Knowing the Admin, this is probably thier mindset and what's next on the calendar. I'm sure N. Korea isn't too far away from our sights as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
One of the problems with Sanctions is that they affect the citizens and most dictators don't care about their own people. It's nice to know that the Iraqis won't have to suffer from the sanctions anymore now that Saddam is gone, but I hope it doesn't come to that with Syria. I personally think that if Bush put the rest of his efforts into the Isreal/Palestine problem, issues like Syria will fix themselves (or at least reduce them from being a direct threat).

new topics

top topics

join